• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Vyer

Can someone with an iPad pro take a pic of what two full size pages look like side by side. Pls and thank you

Sunstone where possible :p

rbwy3fu.jpg

GB7lFaV.jpg

I was about to buy one, but the sale on the site I was going to use must have ended earlier this week

:(

are you in the US? Best Buy has them on sale for $150 off today.

you can also sign up for their 'education coupons' (don't even need an .edu email address) and they'll email you a coupon for another $100 off

On issue #5 of TMNT. Legitimately digging this. It's a very straightforward story but it has a lot of heart and great art. Nostalgia in overdrive.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I found TMNT truly annoying without the micros and minis. I started over and read everything in order. They reference that stuff constantly and I hate feeling like I'm missing out on part of the story. Once is fine, but they come up all the time.

I'll have to do the same thing if I ever pick the series back up. Each little editors note and asterisk was like a little dagger to my soul.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
are you in the US? Best Buy has them on sale for  off today.

you can also sign up for their 'education coupons' (don't even need an .edu email address) and they'll email you a coupon for another  off

no mate, uk

Where can I see the Detective preview? CBR has a birds of prey preview and the art looks good to me

http://www.newsarama.com/29584-a-2n...-in-rebirth-detective-comics-934-preview.html

are you in the US? Best Buy has them on sale for $150 off today.

you can also sign up for their 'education coupons' (don't even need an .edu email address) and they'll email you a coupon for another $100 off

This is seriously tempting. $650 - $100 - $50 (I have a BB GC) - $200 (for my old iPad Air 64 GB) makes it $300....

Messi

I'll have to do the same thing if I ever pick the series back up. Each little editors note and asterisk was like a little dagger to my soul.

It's crazy. One recent example, Turtles in Time, which came out two years ago and seemed to have little impact on the main book, is suddenly hugely important in the latest arc.

The only one I skipped was Ghostbusters.

I have a 12" tablet/laptop I use for art and reading comics on it is literally 'oh shit thats not fair to print comics'
might have to, b

You should hear me voice acting this scene about overcoming adversity through compassion and teamwork, its so powerful, so big capital letters X-MEN :mjcry:

This is such a tremendous way of ultimately saying the 'we'll win with our friendship' thing that pops up in anime a lot

or so I heard

I don't even anime

Messi

I've reread Green Arrow Rebirth. It's alright. Not the complete dumpster fire I implied it was on Wednesday.
Ollie looks better with a full beard imo and the black Canary reveal is comics ridiculous in the best way.

Is the artist the same for the ongoing?

Who remembers the TMNT fighting game?

This was one of those games that was drastically different between SNES and Genesis.

This was my jam

What! I didnt know the Ninja Turtle hardcovers were mixing the regular and the micros together like that. I wish I never bought these awesome trades.

I just read Itty Bitty Hellboy by Art Baltazar and Franco. It was absolutely adorable.

My kid still asks me if they are making new ones yet. He took one to show and tell in Kindergarten.

VanWinkle

I've reread Green Arrow Rebirth. It's alright. Not the complete dumpster fire I implied it was on Wednesday.
Ollie looks better with a full beard imo and the black Canary reveal is comics ridiculous in the best way.

One of the two, with the other being Ferreyra. At the very least, it will be a good looking book.

Maybe i dont have that many like I did Fables to start over. I have the main book throught Cityfall, 2 micro series trades, Secret history of the Foot Clan, the first villain micro.
So like half
Dammit
Damn you comics.

tim1138

What! I didnt know the Ninja Turtle hardcovers were mixing the regular and the micros together like that. I wish I never bought these awesome trades.

My kid still asks me if they are making new ones yet. He took one to show and tell in Kindergarten.

Dude, your kid is awesome.

Messi

I said the same thing a few pages back. I understand why they did it from a legacy standpoint, but preferred him the other way.

Absolutely. I kept going back and forth with no the pages going... Man he looks much better at the start. But yes I do understand why.

Who remembers the TMNT fighting game?

This was one of those games that was drastically different between SNES and Genesis.

I loved the Mega Drive version as a kid even though I found it to be impossible. I played it again recently and couldn't even hit the AI a lot of the time.

"Come on and fight!"
"I've got you now!"

TheFlow

Banned

This was my jam
You called it dumpster fire? You read marvel books mane

What is it that drives people to prefer DC or Marvel? Is it the stories or the characters? Overall, I think Marvel has a much more attractive (not physically, just in terms of appeal) cast of characters than DC. It's only in recent years that I started reading a good number of DC books, too. The old canon was so convoluted that it seemed pretty impenetrable to an outsider.

Messi

You called it dumpster fire? You read marvel books mane

I didn't like any of the rebirth stuff. I read a ton more than just Marvel. I'd say my pull is 70-90 books a month.

What is it that drives people to prefer DC or Marvel? Is it the stories or the characters? Overall, I think Marvel has a much more attractive (not physically, just in terms of appeal) cast of characters than DC. It's only in recent years that I started reading a good number of DC books, too. The old canon was so convoluted that it seemed pretty impenetrable to an outsider.

I don't pick a side. It's pointless. I just read what appeals to me. I pull stuff from every mid to large non Valiant company.

TheFlow

Banned
I didn't like any of the rebirth stuff. I read a ton more than just Marvel. I'd say my pull is 70-90 books a month.

I don't pick a side. It's pointless. I just read what appeals to me. I pull stuff from every mid to large non Valiant company.
Lol you are taking what I said literally.

And everyone here pulls from just about every publisher except for valiant(launchpad joke)

I don't really get choosing one company over the other. It's not like you're locked in like a videogame console or a smartphone or something. The two of them aren't that different considering how many creators go between the two of them. It's just so silly to me.

I do think pre-2000s DC Comics are much more interesting than pre-2000s Marvel Comics for the most part, but modern times they're not that different.

Top Bottom