• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

TheFlow

Banned
People already fortunately have the recommendation towards IDW TMNT covered, along with the fact that the micro/side/etc series DO matter and are great (it really is kind of like the book has been effectively double shipping, to be honest, which is fine by me since the quality is absolutely there to support it). But yeah, TMNT/Ghostbusters, while fun, is totally skippable.

Did want to add, though, since the stuff is also on sale: It's NOT for everyone, but if you're interested in the older stuff, what you want is the first 5 Ultimate Collections (the 6th was bits and pieces they scraped together later, so you don't really need it), and the first two volumes of Tales of the TMNT (which was essentially a side series to the original and contains some good stuff. The volumes afterwards are actually something completely different, to add to the confusion). Like I said, not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but it's some solid old-school indie goodness, and that's definitely the stuff actually worth considering, as outside of those you get a good bit of dicey stuff.

But yeah, if you haven't read it, IDW Turtles is definitely the one to get and is amazing. I get the confusion since it's not ideal, but it's worth going through the whole thing, miniseries and all, as it's great stuff. Oh, and just in case the books make you think otherwise as I think they DO get a tiny "see *" note somewhere, the annuals are totally skippable for IDW Turtles. They're essentially old-style Turtles stories (in terms of both art and writing) that are technically part of the IDW continuity, but not in any significant manner whatsoever.
just wanted to give a shoutout to this guy for being a hardcore tmnt fan.
6089862603_5452426c1b_b.jpg

Owzers

does it really

sure! Budget would have killed it but i'd have liked to see
the movie have London as the backdrop instead of the rural outskirts, glancing over the fall of london in a little snippet was kind of ridiculous. "Oh, and london fell, the one main city in this entire movie." Also the ending reminded me of the latest Resident Evil movie where the all out battle you'd like to see is just teased in the very end so you don't get to.

Also i had a Freeza sighting in Overwatch too, i thought it was a myth.

Messi

if it's 90k print than I'm guessing Rebirthomania, because if I remember correctly those numbers are Diamond sell through to retailers. but, all of the Rebirth one shots are getting second printings, so word of mouth is there somewhat.

I normally don't pay too much attention to sales (since most of my favorite books sell like shit), but June's numbers will be interesting to see. If GA sold 90k, you have to imagine Batman numbers will be insane.

What will Harley's #1 sales look like. Goddamn.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Why are Dark Horse's paperbacks so well made? The covers and pages are thick as hell. And did I mention that the covers have this super nice finish on them? Marvel's paperbacks feel like cheap pieces of crap compared to Dark Horse's.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Why are Dark Horse's paperbacks so well made? The covers and pages are thick as hell. And did I mention that the covers have this super nice finish on them? Marvel's paperbacks feel like cheap pieces of crap compared to Dark Horse's.

Because the little guy always has to try harder.

Messi

Everyone makes better trades than Marvel. Image and Dark Horse especially. Dark Horse hardcovers are not to be fucked with. Great company .

Marvel seems to really dislike trades. Overpriced and light on content.

Also i had a Freeza sighting in Overwatch too, i thought it was a myth.

Yeah. I keep meaning to go back to the Witcher 3 DLC but Overwatch is right there and those characters are so great. I'm learning McCree now, finally. Zarya and Zenyatta next. Tragicomedy and I played a bunch of games tonight. We should all party up some time.

I wonder if there's a bigger EXP bonus the more people you have.

What's a good site for comic book reviews? Or even an aggregation site? I only know of comicbookroundup and it often tends to be sparse.

Impressive. Also impressive that your store let your backlog pile up for 10 weeks

Me and my roommate have never failed to buy our comics in the 7+ years we've gone to this comic shop and as a combined box we're their biggest single subscriber. They'll never cut us off.

Yeah. I keep meaning to go back to the Witcher 3 DLC but Overwatch is right there and those characters are so great. I'm learning McCree now, finally. Zarya and Zenyatta next. Tragicomedy and I played a bunch of games tonight. We should all party up some time.

I keep meaning to go back to Overwatch for a bit but I've been lost in Toussaint since it came out. So pretty.

Calcium

Banned
I think I might be free of Overwatch. I can look at comics again. I'm probably not going to, but it's nice to know that I have the time.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm like 3/4ths of the way through the Gotham Central omnibus! It's some good stuff. I keep getting the characters mixed up though.

Ross61

What's a good site for comic book reviews? Or even an aggregation site? I only know of comicbookroundup and it often tends to be sparse.

I need to know this too. All the sites that I read hardly go in depth, and their scores just seem slapped on. I do like Newsarama sometimes tho.

So now, in regards to IDW TMNT, if I picked up Shell Unleashed, which is volume 1, but it's not listed on the reading order...then what the fuck did I just pick up?

Hagi

So now, in regards to IDW TMNT, if I picked up Shell Unleashed, which is volume 1, but it's not listed on the reading order...then what the fuck did I just pick up?

A quick google tells me that's just the first 12 issues of the current run. It says that in the Amazon description as well.

It was Juan Ferreyra's Spectre stuff in Gotham by Midnight that just floored me. I thought it was going to be disappointing losing Ben Templesmith but Juan came in and I think captured the soul of that book better.

JTripper

These Chuck Dixon Nightwing trades need to release quicker between each one. I need more already. Maybe I should just get his Tim Drake Robin run to hold myself over.

A quick google tells me that's just the first 12 issues of the current run. It says that in the Amazon description as well.
I know that. My confusion comes from a different place. It's bigger than the trades listed in the reading order, but it's smaller than the OHCs. I'm curious if these will also collect the micro/mini seriesas well or if they're just super-sized trades.
These Chuck Dixon Nightwing trades need to release quicker between each one. I need more already. Maybe I should just get his Tim Drake Robin run to hold myself over.
That's what I'm doing

Hagi

I know that. My confusion comes from a different place. It's bigger than the trades listed in the reading order, but it's smaller than the OHCs. I'm curious if these will also collect the micro/mini seriesas well or if they're just super-sized trades.

It's just a paperback version of the OHC minus the micro series. I assume they are going to collect the micro series again but who knows IDW is weird.

Top Bottom