• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I know you are messing with me. you got to me messing with me.

Unknown to normal people, of course comic nerds know who he was, I'm talking about him being so popular that he is, like, top 3 in sales.

You're the one who is messing with me if you honestly think Civil War didn't introduce the character to millions of people who had no idea who he was.

TheFlow

Banned
Unknown to normal people, of course comic nerds know who he was, I'm talking about him being so popular that he is, like, top 3 in sales.

You're the one who is messing with me if you honestly think Civil War didn't introduce the character to millions of people who had no idea who he was.
like ed said it is a mix. He is a big shot in the comic world but regular people who don't watch the animated shows/read comics are finding out for the first time he is legit.

The movies did that for a lot of heroes like Iron man. but let's be real

1. The first black super hero finally getting a solo book again.

2.Coates, nuff said. the book was so hype he was CNN talking about the book.

3. black panther to appear in the movie got people interested.

4. it was a #1. so yea

look at how big the reading club was for this book with just 2 issues.

TheFlow

Banned
:'(

CkJtXHLXEAAnJso.jpg:large

this is a death spoiler pic from BRPD. you guys have been warned. I saw it before he edited -_-

Owzers

Ultimates #6 and 7 were okay, i'm not entirely sure what i want out of this book but it's not what i'm getting apparently. I like the whole Galactus thing, but i don't feel like i'm getting a story worth reading and it's just a few things happening.

I'm an awful Hanzo but i want to keep trying.

TheFlow

Banned
Ultimates #6 and 7 were okay, i'm not entirely sure what i want out of this book but it's not what i'm getting apparently. I like the whole Galactus thing, but i don't feel like i'm getting a story worth reading and it's just a few things happening.

lol just drop it mane, civil war fuckery is probably going to make the book decline.

that being said, the book is worth it alone just for BP owning everyone with words.

tumblr_nyri91Ceiv1tcnpluo2_1280.png

JLA/Avengers was a bit of a disappointment. It had everything in it to make it great. Brilliant art, funny Plastic Man moments, great voices for the characters by Busiek. Interesting premise which works well to set up the fanservice moments (which were numerous and fun) and also a strong central premise (doing too much vs not enough).

But it falls apart in the middle for me. Either it needed to be shorter and with fewer characters or more stretched out so that Busiek/Perez could flesh out the various encounters and themes. Overall, I would still say it is a must read.

CMX stats? 178 series and 181 issues. I still don't think I've bought any comics on there...

Lashley - At least mark what the spoiler is. And please make it a link. Image spoilers don't work on mobile. :(

This thread is now about Overwatch.

I feel like I'm awful at everyone but Mercy and Symmetra, and I'm no pro at either of them, for that matter. Symmetra isn't even worth selecting for anything other than defense mode, and even then it's mainly shielding and turret fuckery.

I did get two sweet legendary skins for Genji and Reaper, but don't really play either. Not counting the skins that came with the game, I think I've unlocked 9 in 25 levels. The game is rewarding my futility!

I think I'm going to focus on really mastering Mercy and Reinhardt going forward. Toss in someone I've never even tried, like Tracer, for the few times tanks and heals are covered (which is never).

Owzers

lol just drop it mane, civil war fuckery is probably going to make the book decline.

that being said, the book is worth it alone just for BP owning everyone with words.

I had stopped pre-ordering Patsy Walker with #6, Karnak #4, and Ultimates with #7. I don't think i'm going to ask dcbs to add any of them back to my order. I'm not reading Civil War 2 monthly and that helps to wait for Ultimates to hit MU as well.

Walking Dead #155 was enjoyable enough, I'm hoping the Whisper War isn't awful.

Owzers

This thread is now about Overwatch.

I feel like I'm awful at everyone but Mercy and Symmetra, and I'm no pro at either of them, for that matter. Symmetra isn't even worth selecting for anything other than defense mode, and even then it's mainly shielding and turret fuckery.

I did get two sweet legendary skins for Genji and Reaper, but don't really play either. Not counting the skins that came with the game, I think I've unlocked 9 in 25 levels. The game is rewarding my futility!

I think I'm going to focus on really mastering Mercy and Reinhardt going forward. Toss in someone I've never even tried, like Tracer, for the few times tanks and heals are covered (which is never).

My first legendary skin was for Mccree....i might have to play as him even though i can't aim, i'm sure i'll be fine. I'm pretty much the same character-wise as you, but i also like turret guy, winston, pharah, mei, lucio. Just no one that really has to aim.

LegendX48

I assume this is the place to ask so... Is the All New X-Men run by Brian Michael Bendis good? I've been kind of under the impression that Bendis is garbage so I don't know if it's worth jumping in >.>

KevinCow

Banned
Hey, I'm really new to comics, and I have a question: How the hell am I supposed to store these things? Like with games, movies, and books, I can line them up on a shelf. But you can't really do that with comics.

I really have no idea what to do with them when I'm done reading them.

Hey, I'm really new to comics, and I have a question: How the hell am I supposed to store these things? Like with games, movies, and books, I can line them up on a shelf. But you can't really do that with comics.

People use long boxes or short boxes for storing single issues.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000K41EBU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I have very few single issues, so I use these organisers from IKEA. Seem to fit about 35 regular sized issues or so.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00292008/

LegendX48

That's what I do >.>

though 99% of the comics I have are all TPBs or hardcovers. The few single issues I have are just sandwiched between them lol

VanWinkle

You could buy collected editions only, like I do. That way you can display them on a shelf. If not, there are boxes you can buy for storing them, as whatsinaname said.

Owzers

You could buy collected editions only, like I do. That way you can display them on a shelf. If not, there are boxes you can buy for storing them, as whatsinaname said.

You could also sell them on ebay, donate them to the library, gift them to a friend you don't like, or burn them for warmth.

Bii

Soldier 76 is iffy because i can hit people but still feel like a bad aimer.

His ult kind of solves your perception of bad aiming.

Been playing him, D.Va and Torbjorn, depending on the situation of the game. Gotta expand and play other characters since I haven't found one I'm completely comfortable with.

Boogiepop

Huh. Saw the new TMNT movie. And I went in knowing it was bad, and it certainly wasn't a good movie, but I actually had fun with it. Like, I wouldn't recommend it to people, but I think that was about as good as you can expect to get from Michael Bay, probably.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I think that's for ten of them. If you have a comic store in your town, you should be able to buy one or two.

Still visible on mobile. :/
Edited again so it's just a link
Huh. Saw the new TMNT movie. And I went in knowing it was bad, and it certainly wasn't a good movie, but I actually had fun with it. Like, I wouldn't recommend it to people, but I think that was about as good as you can expect to get from Michael Bay, probably.
He's producer, not director though

TheFlow

Banned
Nobody does expressions like Stan Sakai.

The man is a genius at giving such simple drawings a wide array of facial expressions.
SCF12_StanSakai_Usagi.jpg

Top Bottom