• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Do you take it out and about with you? I do most of my comic reading on the train too and from work. Is I comfortable to hold for an hour straight?
I keep mine at home the whole time, unless on vacation and that's pretty rare. I don't grow tired of holding the iPad Pro in long stretches but I also use my body a lot to prop it up or lay it on me as I'm usually sitting or laying down. I'd say the weight is about what the original iPad weight was back in the day. It took me about a day getting used to the larger size and then I was fine. It'd be really tough to go back. There's enough view space that the multi pane feature is actually useful. Might want to check it out in the apple store and see for yourself

In other news, feeling that Last Guardian buzz I went back and replayed ICO. I remember the day that game came out on launch. I was hooked by the game from an earlier OPM demo disc. It was so different than any games I've played before. ICO and Silent Hill 2 both came out the same day in the fall of 2001. Both 10/10 games. And replaying it now, probably my 5th time but this time 6-8 years since the last and it still holds up so well. That castle design is so so good. 28th game completed this year! Already tied my 2013 effort, I might actually meet the 52 games in 1 year challenge

List!

Aquaman Rebirth #1
Detective Comics #934
Flash Rebirth #1
Wonder Woman Rebirth #1

Darth Vader #21
Poe Dameron #3
Vision #8

Not too shabby. Quite a big week for me.

squadr0n

It's just a bummer of a book, so bleak.

Its supposed to be though. Thats the world they live in. I love all the interactions with the individual Lazarui, they dont want to fight each other but if they are ordered too they will fight to the death no questions asked. Love the world building and character development even if I hate them all. Although I have to disagree, I think Forever is a great protagonist.

Owzers

Its supposed to be though. Thats the world they live in. I love all the interactions with the individual Lazarui, they dont want to fight each other but if they are ordered too they will fight to the death no questions asked. Love the world building and character development even if I hate them all. Although I have to disagree, I think Forever is a great protagonist.

I think it's a very unfair representation of the Trump presidency and Rucka should apologize.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Speaking of, I am fucking curious if Loki will be soon Marvel US President (which would give an interesting twist) of if they stay with the realworkd president whose face is never shown
Remember when Obama abolished the Superhero Registration Act? :D

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

That is my favorite part of the series too.

Sejic is really good at facial expressions. Also his Wonder Woman is top tier.

Agreed. There aren't really more than a handful of artists that can draw very expressive faces.

Does Poison Ivy eat flesh or is she a vegetarian? Which kinda would be the same just twisted.

Miracle-Gro smoothies.

DCBS preliminary order:

At least there aren't any statues.

I have got to stop playing overwatch past midnight.

I'm back to the Witcher 3 expansion for now. This is just so good.

Folks are convinced Blizzard has grouping set up to ensure a ~50% win rate, which matches my experience so far. I'll have some great runs followed by attack groups made up of three Hanzos and two Widows.

I believe it. I run into a lot of shit players when I'm not grouped up.

Goon is great. Am really looking forward to v4, I'll start seeing material new to me!

Vol.4 doesn't drop until October, though. :(

Steve Dillon is the absolute worst at this because he can ONLY draw that face.

Milo Manara has the same problem, great artist though he is.

Re-Read issue 1 of Lazarus, everyone is shitty. Forever included.

Ehhh.... The Lazarus are mostly a product of the society they live in. If anything, I find them to be more relatable than anyone else in that book.

Messi

Woooow, East of West is amazing.

giphy.gif

Vic_Viper

Just heard an interview with Rick Remender and he talks about writing for video games. Had no idea he wrote some on Dead Space along with Warren Ellis and also wrote some on BulletStorm and the bond game that Stars Sean Connery. Has Remender or Ellis worked in anything else?

Christ, the Hellboy movie is horrible.

Yeah it's pretty bad. I've always heard the second one is a huge step up but the first one killed my interest in all things Hellboy forever

I picked up the first volume of the series and can confirm I still do not like Hellboy

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I loooooooooooove the Hellboy movies, the first got totally hooked me on the world, didn't get into the comics until the second movie, though. It's a damn shame that we'll never get a third one.

I love the books but the first film is so dull

I just couldn't get into the books. I don't actually blame the movie, I went in with a pretty open heart and it gets so much praise here I thought it was a sure thing. In fact I think I bought the first two volumes.

Didn't click though. Maybe I'll try it again someday but I have more than enough to read at the moment.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I just couldn't get into the books. I don't actually blame the movie, I went in with a pretty open heart and it gets so much praise here I thought it was a sure thing. I'm a fan of Mignola's old stuff too. In fact I think I bought the first two volumes.

Didn't click though. Maybe I'll try it again someday but I have more than enough to read at the moment.
Ehh, if you don't like something you don't like it

Loads of popular things I dislike.

TheFlow

Banned
Ehh, if you don't like something you don't like it

Loads of popular things I dislike.
Hellboy the comic is a fucking masterpiece.

I love the movies but that is because I like crappy movies lol.

Yea even after rebirth some people around here still won't give DC due so I understand the " if you don't like it you don't like it." Comments

Hagi

Hellboy films aren't crap though, I love the first film. Next you'll be telling me Blade 1 and 2 aren't great.

I read the first volume of the current TMNT series last night and it's pretty good. Was surprised it was only 4 issues though. Raphael is my favourite of the brother so I was catching some feels with how he was presented.

Nah the first two Blade movies are rad.

Never got around to watching Trinity but I don't think I've ever heard a single positive thing about it.

TheFlow

Banned
Hellboy films aren't crap though, I love the first film. Next you'll be telling me Blade 1 and 2 aren't great.

I read the first volume of the current TMNT series last night and it's pretty good. Was surprised it was only 4 issues though. Raphael is my favourite of the brother so I was catching some feels with how he was presented.
Hell boy films aren't crap? Eh lol depends on who you ask.

Blade 1-2 were good

Trinity was trash and basically ruined any future blade movie lol

Hagi

Hell boy films aren't crap? Eh lol depends on who you ask.

Blade 1-2 were good

Trinity was trash and basically ruined any future blade movie lol

Opinions and all so yeah it would depend on who I ask. I think they are two of the best comic book movies going though.

Snipes being a tool and then going to prison probably helped on that front as well. The stories about the making of Trinity are bonkers. Guy is a nut job. First film is amazing.

2Mnlohs.gif

GOAT

Messi

Damn. I do suck as her too then. My overall average is only like 3500. Lately I'm probably averaging in the mid-4K's but that is apparently not so great either.

I will say I play almost exclusively Mercy. The average I see when I am not playing as her is 4-5k.

--

I bet Blade will get that Netflix show and Snipes will be Blade. That's easy money for Marvel/Netflix.

TheFlow

Banned
Opinions and all so yeah it would depend on who I ask. I think they are two of the best comic book movies going though.

Snipes being a tool and then going to prison probably helped on that front as well. The stories about the making of Trinity are bonkers. Guy is a nut job. First film is amazing.

2Mnlohs.gif

GOAT
I actually watched the second movie last night. That scene where they all enter the club is goat.

First movie is definitely a classic though. When you think of blade you think Wesley.

Hagi

I will say I play almost exclusively Mercy. The average I see when I am not playing as her is 4-5k.

--

I bet Blade will get that Netflix show and Snipes will be Blade. That's easy money for Marvel/Netflix.

I hope he does and they introduce werewolves and all other manner of creatures. I'd also like to read the new comic whenever Marvel get round to actually releasing it.

The nightclub scene is the GOAT comic book movie scene

Blade_Fight.gif

That whole intro is amazing.

Top Bottom