• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

tim1138

Jurassic World was actually worse the second time. Especially the super contrived bullshit power of friendship moment where the raptor, t rex, and mosasaur team up to kill madeupasaurus rex.

TheFlow

Banned
Okay, guys, still need to make a decision on this Comixology sale. With Synder Batman, would it be especially helpful to read through this run in preparation for the Rebirth stuff kicking off, or will that not be necessary? Also, were any of the villain's month issues actually worth bothering with? What about that Batman Future's End tie-in or whatever?

And is New 52 Superman worth bothering with? Or even part of it? Or is it not worth it at all?

no need to buy any of the annuals or future end. good stories though

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jurassic World was actually worse the second time. Especially the super contrived bullshit power of friendship moment where the raptor, t rex, and mosasaur team up to kill madeupasaurus rex.

Does that actually happen?

Okay, guys, still need to make a decision on this Comixology sale. With Synder Batman, would it be especially helpful to read through this run in preparation for the Rebirth stuff kicking off, or will that not be necessary? Also, were any of the villain's month issues actually worth bothering with? What about that Batman Future's End tie-in or whatever?

And is New 52 Superman worth bothering with? Or even part of it? Or is it not worth it at all?

You won't have to read Snyder's run, though it does introduce Duke Thomas. It's a solid price, so you might as well pick it up; it's pretty great stuff throughout. Annuals and Future's End aren't necessary. Thank God. Future's End was awful.

New 52 Superman is only really what I'd call GREAT for Geoff Johns' part of the run. After that, it's good, sometimes great, but it's also tied up in a 3-and-sometimes-4 part crossover which is just unspeakably messy and I wouldn't advise anyone trying to get up on it until they collect it in order.

Though if you can hunt down the Mythbrawl issues do that, those are a ton of fun.

Speaking of bad movies, I'm watching Jurassic World! I wonder if there's some kind of black magic that has actually made it a good movie in the past year? That's a thing that happens right?

It's a garbage movie but I legit jumped off my couch and cheered when Blue came back at the end.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The t rex and raptor even share a moment after madeupasaurus gets eaten and exchange a knowing nod before going their separate ways.

I honestly cant tell if you're joking or not right now, that's how little faith I have in movies these days

TheFlow

Banned
Sex Criminals #15

so this was a great arc but the last this issue sucked because not much was concluded. It was more like a build up/climax.

not even sure when we are getting more issues. going on two months :/

No one watches these movies for historical accuracy. I thought it was a fun movie.

tim1138

The real winner of JW was the mosasaur, in one day it got to eat a great white shark, a pterodactyl, a person, and the madeupasaurus. That crazy lizard ate like a king!

Messi

Sex Criminals #15

so this was a great arc but the last this issue sucked because not much was concluded. It was more like a build up/climax.

not even sure when we are getting more issues. going on two months :/

Sex Criminals feels like Fraction and Zdarsky don't actually want to keep making it but still do the bare minimum to keep it going. Zdarsky wants to be a writer and Fraction wants to do whatever the fuck he wants.

Its great when it comes out though.

TheFlow

Banned
Sex Criminals feels like Fraction and Zdarsky don't actually want to keep making it but still do the bare minimum to keep it going. Zdarsky wants to be a writer and Fraction wants to do whatever the fuck he wants.

Its great when it comes out though.

OMG I thought this too. This issue felt a lil off, like
they did that thing again where they skip panels by describing the events instead of showing them

I fee like we aren't getting another issue for a while since there is not even a picture for #16 on image.

Messi

Although they did have a seemingly very productive creative meeting recently...so I guess Sex Criminals is still going?

tumblr_o75b83fCCy1qaotjto1_400.png

TheFlow

Banned
Although they did have a seemingly very productive creative meeting recently...so I guess Sex Criminals is still going?

tumblr_o75b83fCCy1qaotjto1_400.png

Lol! I love these guys. Saga and Sex criminals are the only two books that I read the bonus pages of . Sex tips and ect are cool

Rhaknar

I miss being a young naive Rhaknar that thought Age of Apocalypse was actually the new Marvel universe and not just another summer event ;_;

Sandfox

I just caught up on Gotham Academy and the Yearbook arc was terrible, in addition to being too long. I'm not even sure I want to read the second semester now.

I just caught up on Gotham Academy and the Yearbook arc was terrible, in addition to being too long. I'm not even sure I want to read the second semester now.

I didn't like it either, but I'm still looking forward to second semester. I'm kind of surprised the book has made it this far.

TheFlow

Banned
How about everyone list a comic book reading goal for this week and by next sunday I will see if everyone completed it.

Mine is to finish all of the hellboy vol.2-12.

Sandfox

I didn't like it either, but I'm still looking forward to second semester. I'm kind of surprised the book has made it this far.

My issue is that I was already having some issues with the pacing of the book and then this arc was a huge chunk of the run.

How about everyone list a comic book reading goal for this week and by next sunday I will see if everyone completed it.

Mine is to finish all of the hellboy vol.2-12.
I'm probably going to be busy with a game this week, but I'm going to either catch up on Sex Criminals or finish reading Fraction's Hawkeye.

Boogiepop

You don't have to read Snyder's run

And Geoff Johns did a run on Superman from like 32-39 that was good. Ignore the rest.

no need to buy any of the annuals or future end. good stories though

You won't have to read Snyder's run, though it does introduce Duke Thomas. It's a solid price, so you might as well pick it up; it's pretty great stuff throughout. Annuals and Future's End aren't necessary. Thank God. Future's End was awful.

New 52 Superman is only really what I'd call GREAT for Geoff Johns' part of the run. After that, it's good, sometimes great, but it's also tied up in a 3-and-sometimes-4 part crossover which is just unspeakably messy and I wouldn't advise anyone trying to get up on it until they collect it in order.

Though if you can hunt down the Mythbrawl issues do that, those are a ton of fun.
Thanks guys. I'll still have to put some thought into this, since I know I like it (I've read about half of the stuff. Well, Synder Bats, I mean), so I know I WILL eventually probably want it in print. But then I see there's already an Absolute to start the stuff off, so I kind of want to go the insane route of Absolute waiting. So I guess the question is if it's worth buying digitally now if I know I'm going to want it physically
eventually.

But yeah, at least I can now make a more informed decision, so I definitely appreciate the help!

shingi70

Banned
Where's the JLA's MVP?
Plastic Man

Haha no

It's Firestorm.

Surprised people didn't like the yearbook arc of Gotham academy. From the little I flipped though of it that was some really indie shit and not in the semi faux indie shit like sex criminals and batgirl is.

Owzers

Game of Thrones continues to entertain me and i just want to keep watching O_______O

Cavs game was trash indeed, fire Lebron.

VanWinkle

Surprised people didn't like the yearbook arc of Gotham academy. From the little I flipped though of it that was some really indie shit and not in the semi faux indie shit like sex criminals and batgirl is.

I've heard from plenty of people that liked it. I'm really excited to read it myself.

Haha no

It's Firestorm.

???

Sex Criminals is an indie comic

Top Bottom