• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My MU reads this week.....

Deadpool and Cable: Split Second #4 and #5
Amazing Spider-Man #4
Deadpool #3
All New X-Men #1
Daredevil #1
Extraordinary X-Men #3
Howard the Duck #2
Invincible Iron Man #4
Nova #2
Spidey #1
Vision #2

Lot's of stuff to read!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Daredevil's first arc will just make you hate it, skip it and come back for Elektra.

Yeah, the first arc was terrible

One with Elektra has been alright

You (probably) won't regret it. It's so great. You just instantly upgraded all your books to oversized deluxe editions.

Every once in a while I'll open a comic on my old iPad 3 to remind myself how tiny it was.

cant wait until its here :p

Owzers

lets play Doom :)

i have that and uncharted 4 from gamefly currently, bought Overwatch and that's all i play lately, even stopped playing Hearthstone. Doom seems OKAY but i don't know if i'm interested in a "door is locked, kill everyone to move on" game right now. Havent' tried the multiplayer. If you have a bad match-up in overwatch you can change ( even if your team doesn't...) but in Hearthstone it's just like " well this game sucks maybe next one will be better"

Remender did an interview on Deadly Class #21 and the future of the series

Major spoilers for 21 so don't read unless you're caught up.

(also obvious major spoilers)
I was not expecting him to straight kill off the main character up to this point. Wonder if the main character will be Saya now. The next arc sounds really interesting with the new characters being introduced and how they're framing the survivors as the bad guys. I think it's pretty cool how up until this arc, the school wasn't really utilized that much. Great way to build suspense and hit the readers with this crazy cliffhanger to reveal the true nature of it along with the series.

I was not expecting him to straight kill off the main character up to this point. Wonder if the main character will be Saya now. The next arc sounds really interesting with the new characters being introduced and how they're framing the survivors as the bad guys. I think it's pretty cool how up until this arc, the school wasn't really utilized that much. Great way to build suspense and hit the readers with this crazy cliffhanger to reveal the true nature of it along with the series.

Until reading this I was holding out hope that Marcus was only mostly dead :(

Can't believe the interviewer thought Saya didn't mean to do that. Thought it was super obvious and it was heavily foreshadowed.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Who is he fighting?

Mark Hunt.

A big Maori Kiwi who hits as hard as they come(Brock doesn't like to get hit) and seemingly has an indestructible chin/skull.

If Brock can take him down he's got a good shot but Hunt has been stuffing take downs and knocking people out with regularity lately.

Mark Hunt.

A big Maori Kiwi who hits as hard as they come(Brock doesn't like to get hit) and seemingly has an indestructible chin/skull.

If Brock can take him down he's got a good shot but Hunt has been stuffing take downs and knocking people out with regularity lately.

Shit. Brock is supposed to work Summerslam, but I think that hinges largely on whether he survives UFC 200.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It's better IMO. The anime cut and censored stuff that messed with the story in addition to issues brought up by the filler.

Yugioh was a manga that became an anime and a card game. Pokemon was a game first that got an anime and there is a manga that is pretty good.

and is manga what you read from right to left?

Owzers

On one hand, wrestling talk, even if it's people thinking it's fake when Roman is actually that strong. On the other hand, manga talk...

TheFlow

Banned

Omg this was so helpful and made me feel so much better about the ending. Remender doing it big.

New freshmen, backstory, and 15 issues all planned out yah!

Messi

Omg this was so helpful and made me feel so much better about the ending. Remender doing it big.

New freshmen, backstory, and 15 issues all planned out yah!

15 and it's over or? I am not caught up on the current arc. But if
Willie or Saya get killed I will be very distraught. Pls don't spoil.

Owzers

Messi, spoiling things. With spoiler pro tactics. Can't cover it up now!

I should really start Deadly Class already.

TheFlow

Banned
He says #36 will most likely be the end. So two big hc I am guessing.

And lol! Bruh it is a remender book about Assassins.. No one lives

At least 15 more issues. He said 36 will mark the end of the next arc and the series could end there if they want. They do express interest in the series continuing on until the 1990s so I think it'll go past that. He says sales are good and the series is profitable.

Sandfox

I actually think the censored shadow realm stuff adds to the eagyptian lore and improvse the show.

By censoring I mean they cut and completely change scenes even in the Japanese version. All of the shadow game stuff is still there and the main focus of the story.

Been reading Love & Rockets today and I forgot how great it is. Jaime's such a wonderful cartoonist with how he draws expressions. He really takes advantage of black and white and the art is just beautiful.

He's especially great at drawing women. Penny is the best.

I have so many things to do today, and all I really want to do is play Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. The things I would do to get a remaster of that game. THE THINGS I WOULD DO.

Been reading Love & Rockets today and I forgot how great it is. Jaime's such a wonderful cartoonist with how he draws expressions. He really takes advantage of black and white and the art is just beautiful.

He's especially great at drawing women. Penny is the best.

Which book are you on Tyrant? I have to start on Girl from H.O.P.P.E.R.S but keep getting distracted by other books.

I love how Jaime draws Hopey. He's so good at depicting body language.

I am eyeing his art book too.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0810995700/?tag=neogaf0e-20

TheFlow

Banned
Which book are you on Tyrant? I have to start on Girl from H.O.P.P.E.R.S but keep getting distracted by other books.

yJLLY2i.jpg

Can't believe that art book is still selling nice

That's the one I'm on. I was early on but other books sidetracked me. Felt like reading it so I picked it back up today and I'm almost done. I've got the whole Locas series.

One of the best things about it is seeing the characters mature and change over time. Maggie and Hopey both look very different now compared to Maggie the Mechanic.

DirtyLarry

Better than average eBay Haul today.
I finally remembered to pick up Cover 1A of The Wicked & The Divine to complete the lot. I had two variant issues of #1, but never 1A, so was pretty excited. Even better was the price I got for it. I actually thought it may not be legit and someone was listing one of the variants for A, but it was the real deal.
The other comics were the Marvel Hip Hop variant covers. The Ultramagnetic MC's and Onyx tribute covers for Civil War II, and the CA:Steve Rogers cover inspired by J Dilla's Donuts.
The final comic was my replacement of the 4 Kids Walk Into a Bank "Larry's Comics" variant cover, which is a comic shop in Massachusetts that I happen to share my name with.
Better than average eBay Haul today.
8iSb.jpg

KevinCow

Banned
I just finished Ms. Marvel Vol. 1. It was really good! She's a fun and likable character. I'm definitely going to catch up on the next 3 volumes, and I've already got all of the individual issues of her current run coming, so I should be able to catch up completely.

I've also got Vol. 1 and 2 of the 2014 run of Thor, with lady Thor. Hopefully that's good.

Also currently on my wishlist are Spider-Gwen, Groot (my favorite Guardian, who I didn't even know had his own series until yesterday), and Captain Marvel.

But shit, comics don't seem expensive at first, but $5 here and $12 there really adds up fast.

Owzers

Vision #2, Star Wars #14 vader down issue, and Extraordinary X-Men #3 so far on MU, the only thing of note was how bad X-Men was, the fight in Limbo is about as generic cape action as you can get.

Top Bottom