• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Zombine

Banned
Destiny is really fun with a group of people. I really enjoy my time with it and meeting random GAF folks.

Can't wait for Dead Rising though! Praying that it's for Win10 as well. I want to put my 1080 to use.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Last week, Bungie announced it would hold a "Destiny Reveal Stream" on Thursday, June 9, at 10 AM PT. We'll be learning "all about the next threat that you'll confront as Guardians" during the stream, which will be happening on Bungie's Twitch channel. It could be that Bungie reveals Rise of Iron during this event, though that is not confirmed.

Looking further out, Bungie is also working on a Destiny sequel for 2017, which was recently rebooted, according to a report.

I put a lot of hours into destiny and wouldn't mind going back

I put a decent amount of time into it too. But that was when I still had people to play with. It gets old pretty quick when playing solo.

Boogiepop

Comic book goals 6/2-6/12
TheFlow- hellboy vol 2-12
Brianfellows- finish superior foes
Sandfox- catch up on Sex Criminals or finish reading Fraction's Hawkeye.
Echoshifting- I will have ten or less books to finish in Comixology by next Sunday.
Bkatastrophe- Green Lantern: Blackest Night, my floppies, Red Lanterns Vol. 5, and Buffy S8 Vol. 4.
Vanwrinkle- East of west year one ohc
whatsinaname- survive business trip
Messi-overwatch lol

My goal is to finish up Xenoblade X so it can stop devouring my free time so much. But yeah, comics-wise I generally just read an hour every night before going to bed, so setting "goals" for that doesn't mean much as I pretty much know about how much I'm going to read (which is often like a trade or so a night). Gonna keep whittling down my backlog, though i won't have that finished this week. Though I'm fairly confident that I'll finish it within the month...

Actually, real comic book goal: whittle out some time to actually READ something on comixology. I've just been buying stuff on there, but since I need to read digital on a screen it doesn't slot into my normal comic reading time (due to the whole "don't use screens an hour or so before going to bed and you'll sleep better thing). So yeah, need to find space for that.

Btw, read Kill Your Boyfriend/Vinamarama the other night. The latter was a lot of fun, though the former only half clicked with me. Also kinda weird how it halfheartedly pushes a
thing where it seems to be saying they're actually related, making it incest

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, Jeff Loveness is four days younger than me. He's much better at reaching his goals (assuming that being a published writer and a TV writer was his goal).

I thought Destiny looked rad until they let us in on all those MMO details. To this day, not even once.

Oh, I played it quite a bit at release and then the first expansion. But it's whatever at this point.

Not for you maybe.

Did I try to speak for anyone else? That spark died for me when Bungie let it sit and rot for almost an entire year with no new content. I'm done with the treadmill.

DirtyLarry

Nice pickups. I have that Wicked cover and I also have this one:

Might be my fave cover from that series. I collect all the covers with Laura on them.
Yeah that is one of the ones I do not have and it is possibly my favorite from Issue #1. Nice pick up indeed. I have A, B, C & D. Did not plan it that way either, just worked out that way. Your Newbury is my favorite though. Love the mostly white.

Messi

Lazarus gets much better in the second arc. It really starts to flow. Good book. Less shitty people for the moment. I like Forever.

TheFlow

Banned
My goal is to finish up Xenoblade X so it can stop devouring my free time so much. But yeah, comics-wise I generally just read an hour every night before going to bed, so setting "goals" for that doesn't mean much as I pretty much know about how much I'm going to read (which is often like a trade or so a night). Gonna keep whittling down my backlog, though i won't have that finished this week. Though I'm fairly confident that I'll finish it within the month...

Actually, real comic book goal: whittle out some time to actually READ something on comixology. I've just been buying stuff on there, but since I need to read digital on a screen it doesn't slot into my normal comic reading time (due to the whole "don't use screens an hour or so before going to bed and you'll sleep better thing). So yeah, need to find space for that.

Btw, read Kill Your Boyfriend/Vinamarama the other night. The latter was a lot of fun, though the former only half clicked with me. Also kinda weird how it halfheartedly pushes a
thing where it seems to be saying they're actually related, making it incest
been trying to do a volume per day but it is hard sometimes.

mreddie

Hellcat already sucks IMO so eh.

giphy.gif

GAFs new hero, The Grump!

Shayera Thal in Hawkman #15-#17 is probably the closest thing to DCAU Hawkgirl I've seen.

I stan her so much even though she only appeared in 3 issues lmao.

mreddie

Twitter bio:

Zenyatta scum more like.

Kate Leth seems really awesome and I am really sad that her and Brittney Williams won't get to work on this anymore if it is indeed Hellcat she is talking about (it is)

She's talking about
She-Hulk getting the ax

Owzers

Do you need a doctor? I want to figure Tracer out, but right now I'm a huge liability to my team with her. She feels like she'd work way better with mouse and keyboard.

It really is. Best update they've done. I've been a subscriber for four years now, and we've come so far from the dark ages where it was in contention for worst app in the store. Now it's actually great.

I'm still really bad with Tracer, i like zooping around but i can't get enough clean hits on people to kill them quickly.

Sandfox

She's talking about
She-Hulk getting the ax

Yeah, her issue is that
she has to write an issue about Hellcat dealing with the She-Hulk stuff.

Kate Leth is also currently streaming Overwatch on twitch. She is in this party.

https://www.twitch.tv/bigwormy

I'd be shocked if that was it. Brittney made that civil war cover and no one gave them a heads up? if thats true then lol marvel.
It's in the solicitations so she obviously knew.

Messi

Yeah, her issue is that
she has to write an issue about Hellcat dealing with the She-Hulk stuff.

It's in the solicitations so she obviously knew.

Well in that case...I want to read that issue. Its the first thing I thought of when that bit happened in Civil War. Glad the book isn't canned yet.

KevinCow

Banned
How do I keep track of which comic books are coming out and when? Is there like a website that lists which comics are coming out each week anywhere?

mreddie

Kate Leth is also currently streaming Overwatch on twitch. She is in this party.

https://www.twitch.tv/bigwormy

I'd be shocked if that was it. Brittney made that civil war cover and no one gave them a heads up? if thats true then lol marvel.

I assume she wanted the book to be like Squirrel Girl and be its own thing despite Unbeatable is set in the same timeframe as New Avengers.

How do I keep track of which comic books are coming out and when? Is there like a website that lists which comics are coming out each week anywhere?

I usually check comiclist.com each week to see what's coming out.

The publishers all release their solicitations months beforehand as well. They usually go up on places like Newsarama, Comic Book Resources, etc. Previews World is pretty good too.

Sandfox

Well in that case...I want to read that issue. Its the first thing I thought of when that bit happened in Civil War. Glad the book isn't canned yet.
Well it's possible that they wrap up the second volume in September and the book doesn't make it to Marvel Now so we'll see.
There are sites like comiclist.com that go two weeks out and if you want to look further you can go by the solicitations. Since I mostly just read Marvel I just Marvel Database wiki since it has their books grouped by week.

Sandfox

Most of the low tier from ANAD are gone anyways, Hellcat was the one that was different from the pack. Better than Hyperion and Nova.

To me it feels like Hellcat was trying to be Squirrel Girl. I'm expecting Hyperion to get canned and if there's a Nova title post-Marvel Now I'm expecting it to be completely different.

mreddie

To me it feels like Hellcat was trying to be Squirrel Girl. I'm expecting Hyperion to get canned and if there's a Nova title post-Marvel Now I'm expecting it to be completely different.

Duggan Nova was the best Nova and yeah Hyperion feels generic. Hellcat is SG but tries to make Patsy do more especially with her character coming from the Golden Age.

EDIT: Maybe CBR Forums were a mistake

Comic book goals 6/5-6/12
TheFlow- hellboy vol 2-12
Brianfellows- finish superior foes
Sandfox- catch up on Sex Criminals or finish reading Fraction's Hawkeye.
Echoshifting- I will have ten or less books to finish in Comixology by next Sunday.
Bkatastrophe- Green Lantern: Blackest Night, my floppies, Red Lanterns Vol. 5, and Buffy S8 Vol. 4.
Vanwrinkle- East of west year one ohc
whatsinaname- survive business trip
Messi-overwatch lol
Launchpadmcq- overwatch lol
sillymonkey321- overwatch lol
zombine- zootopia and outcast
lashley- 3-5 hellboy books
Brightlightlava- pretty deadly, incal, and criminal. cleaning up backlog

Oh damn, I best get crackin'. Instead I spent time doing other things, like finally moving into my new room (It looks lovely, by the way), watching DD S2, and also watching Goosebumps, a movie that had no right being as good as it was.

Finished all 8 issues of Spider-Woman. Really fun book. Probably should have skipped 6 and 7 since I didn't read / had no interest in the Spider-Women event. But the regular Jess stuff is great.

Top Bottom