• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Love and Rockets Girl From H.O.P.P.E.R.S. is done. Really enjoyed that. Probably gonna start on the third book tonight.

Really enjoyed this splash page:
CkTC9FwUUAIFOge.jpg:large

Might have to check out that art book

Messi

Better than average eBay Haul today.
I finally remembered to pick up Cover 1A of The Wicked & The Divine to complete the lot. I had two variant issues of #1, but never 1A, so was pretty excited. Even better was the price I got for it. I actually thought it may not be legit and someone was listing one of the variants for A, but it was the real deal.
The other comics were the Marvel Hip Hop variant covers. The Ultramagnetic MC's and Onyx tribute covers for Civil War II, and the CA:Steve Rogers cover inspired by J Dilla's Donuts.
The final comic was my replacement of the 4 Kids Walk Into a Bank "Larry's Comics" variant cover, which is a comic shop in Massachusetts that I happen to share my name with.
Better than average eBay Haul today.
http://i.picpar.com/8iSb.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice pickups. I have that Wicked cover and I also have this one:

[QUOTE][IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/dd4a0618072f9ba08f00645b1d391558/tumblr_inline_n75gxcyKbY1r77eon.jpg

Might be my fave cover from that series. I collect all the covers with Laura on them.

Love and Rockets Girl From H.O.P.P.E.R.S. is done. Really enjoyed that. Probably gonna start on the third book tonight.

Really enjoyed this splash page:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkTC9FwUUAIFOge.jpg:large[/ig]
Might have to check out that art book[/QUOTE]

Damn, that looks good. 7 hours in a car tomorrow, might as well take this along with me.

Also, the art book is only $6 on hamiltonbook.com. (Shipping on the first book is $3 or so).

Remasters, pfffft.
That is a game with slightly better than N64 level graphics and audio and a bunch of bugs. Remake would be a better word for it. Graphical and audio update. Remove the bugs and glitches. Add boss health bars, fix the inventory, and add the ability to "delete" a character's levels (like Castle Crashers).

One and done.

Here's the Millar/Capullo book.

http://www.newsarama.com/29616-millar-capullos-creator-owned-property-revealed.html

Reborn stars Bonnie Black, an 80-year-old woman who finds herself in a fantasy world after she dies. The official synopsis reads as follows:

“It’s not Heaven. It’s not Hell. It’s as real and hard as where we live now, but filled with the most amazing fantasy landscapes, jaw-dropping creatures and a battle raging between good and evil. The people she loved in this world — her father and her childhood dog — but oddly, not her husband who had passed over 14 years before. So she sets out to find him. She realizes that she has been reborn as a 25 year-old woman with a sword in her hand and gun on her hip.”

And not surprisingly...

Reborn was created with an eye to transitioning the project to film, with Millar telling Deadline that “the idea is always to create the project and then find the right producer for it. We have an idea of who would be good for this one. It must be someone who will understand the story and is passionate about bringing our vision to the screen.”

Shame she gets re-incarnated in a 25 year old body. Would have been interesting to have an older protagonist, like Dial H. But I guess Hollywood wouldn't be interested in that.

TheFlow

Banned
Comic book goals 6/2-6/12
TheFlow- hellboy vol 2-12
Brianfellows- finish superior foes
Sandfox- catch up on Sex Criminals or finish reading Fraction's Hawkeye.
Echoshifting- I will have ten or less books to finish in Comixology by next Sunday.
Bkatastrophe- Green Lantern: Blackest Night, my floppies, Red Lanterns Vol. 5, and Buffy S8 Vol. 4.
Vanwrinkle- East of west year one ohc
whatsinaname- survive business trip
Messi-overwatch lol

Echoshifting- I will have ten or less books to finish in Comixology by next Sunday.
Bkatastrophe- Green Lantern: Blackest Night, my floppies, Red Lanterns Vol. 5, and Buffy S8 Vol. 4.
Messi-overwatch lol

Put me down with Messi, though at least I seem to be getting through half my weeklies

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Messi-overwatch lol

Put me down for read 3-5 Hellboy books

Vindicate this iPad purchase

VanWinkle

Messi-overwatch lol

Wait, isn't it 6/5-6/12?

TheFlow

Banned
Wait, isn't it 6/5-6/12?

Comic book goals 6/5-6/12
Messi-overwatch lol
Launchpadmcq- overwatch lol
sillymonkey321- overwatch lol
zombine- zootopia and outcast
lashley- 3-5 hellboy books
Brightlightlava- pretty deadly, incal, and criminal. cleaning up backlog

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Comic book goals 6/5-6/12
Messi-overwatch lol
Launchpadmcq- overwatch lol
sillymonkey321- overwatch lol
zombine- overwatch lol
lashley- 3-5 hellboy books

I'm in for whittling down my backlog. Pretty Deadly, Incal and Criminal.

TheFlow

Banned
I have finished the Witcher 3 Blood and Wine DLC. It was awesome. Ciri even visited me at my Vinyard. :D

Tomorrow I will play Odin Sphere.

YO I wanted to buy the collectors edition because of the steelcase. tell me how it is . gotta download the demo sometime. 20 bucks more for a artbook, shirt, and steel case is a great deal.
odin-sphere-leifthrasir-564da333f0d7d-e1453192545283-960x537.jpg

this week is rough on my wallet due to a new gundam kit being released.

YO I wanted to buy the collectors edition because of the steelcase. tell me how it is . gotta download the demo sometime. 20 bucks more for a artbook, shirt, and steel case is a great deal.

this week is rough on my wallet due to a new gundam kit being released.

IGN did an unboxing video for the Storybook edition. Can't wait. Odin Sphere and Zootopia in the same day!

Vyer

A little over halfway into East of West Year One. Really good. I'm not LOVING it, but I'm liking it a lot.

I've followed that series from day one, and sometimes I felt like it was taking a long time to come together, but it was never not interesting.

I always figured it would read much better collected.

Ross61

Can I get some suggestions for great mainstream Superman/Action Comics stories before Pre-New 52? Not talking about All Star, Red Son, or other stuff like that?

Forget about E3 and play overwatch with me and Tragic. We can try to spot the elusive Freeza.

Do you need a doctor? I want to figure Tracer out, but right now I'm a huge liability to my team with her. She feels like she'd work way better with mouse and keyboard.

MU update is godlike

It really is. Best update they've done. I've been a subscriber for four years now, and we've come so far from the dark ages where it was in contention for worst app in the store. Now it's actually great.

TheFlow

Banned
I've followed that series from day one, and sometimes I felt like it was taking a long time to come together, but it was never not interesting.

I always figured it would read much better collected.

this sums it up for me. I don't love it like deadly class or saga but I like it. never bored of it.

TheFlow

Banned
Last week, Bungie announced it would hold a "Destiny Reveal Stream" on Thursday, June 9, at 10 AM PT. We'll be learning "all about the next threat that you'll confront as Guardians" during the stream, which will be happening on Bungie's Twitch channel. It could be that Bungie reveals Rise of Iron during this event, though that is not confirmed.

Looking further out, Bungie is also working on a Destiny sequel for 2017, which was recently rebooted, according to a report.

I put a lot of hours into destiny and wouldn't mind going back

Zombine

Banned
Here's the thing about video game announcements for me...

It only takes one game.

Like, people bitch about "quiet" events and whatnot, but how much time do you actually have for games? I can get a game in during the weekends, evenings in some cases, and it takes me a minute to "finish" them. There aren't a ton of announcements, but all of them are things I really want and will take up a lot of time.

Destiny
Forza
Dead Rising
Gears 4
PC stuff
Freakin Deus Ex in August

I mean...there's a ton of hours right there alone.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH Gamestop called and said my Odin Sphere Storybook edition won't be in until Wednesday because of a distribution delay.

I knew comics were a mistake.

Top Bottom