• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Sandfox

Duggan Nova was the best Nova and yeah Hyperion feels generic. Hellcat is SG but tries to make Patsy do more especially with her character coming from the Golden Age.

EDIT: Maybe CBR Forums were a mistake

The direction they decided to go with Hellcat was pretty strange considering the history of the character lol. Also, I wouldn't recommend the CBR forums.

I loved Duggan's Nova, but the current writer chose a poor way to start the run off.

mreddie

The direction they decided to go with Hellcat was pretty strange considering the history of the character lol. Also, I wouldn't recommend the CBR forums.

I loved Duggan's Nova, but the current writer chose a poor way to start the run off.

They do bring up her first comic and its the basis of AKA.

MAH DADDY MAH DADDY - Big Bossman

Fuck and that's the book that crossovers with ANAD Avengers,

Finished all 8 issues of Spider-Woman. Really fun book. Probably should have skipped 6 and 7 since I didn't read / had no interest in the Spider-Women event. But the regular Jess stuff is great.

Recent issue is back to basics

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Already doing ok on my goal.

Pretty Deadly was pretty cool. Story was interesting and the art was gorgeous. It wasn't the best at conveying the story clearly, but the character designs more than made up for it.

I also read Outcast Vol 2, which I'd bought on sale at some point. Good god are those colors pretty. Elizabeth Breitweiser's got the goods. Story is heading in interesting places, I like that Kyle's trying to figure out what's going on, and glad that
the cop not believing him will go away now that the sister is possessed.

Next, The Incal book 1.

Sandfox

They do bring up her first comic and its the basis of AKA.

MAH DADDY MAH DADDY - Big Bossman

Fuck and that's the book that crossovers with ANAD Avengers,

Recent issue is back to basics

I think Nova has gotten better in the last few issues and it got me excited for both his story in ANAD Avengers(which I'm already enjoying) and the Civil War tie-in.

So he is on the bench? Knowing Tata he will sub him on.

Did Bravo and Sanchez start for Chile?

They both started. Sanchez is the one guy on their team I like, dating back to his River Plate days.

No Messi or Pocho Lavezzi today. They did bring on Aguero. Goalkeeper went out of place with thirty seconds left in the game on a free kick and let in a goal, so easy 2-1.

I'll be back to my regular Overwatch addiction tomorrow night. Tonight was all about Copa America.

Should I but any of these New 52 sales? WW, the Flash, and Aquaman just went up. Flash is a definite no. I might just say fuck it and focus on the new Rebirth stuff instead.

Some new pics of my collection. Be forewarned, it's a bit of a mess due to lack of shelving and a very strange shelving order that I'm not sure how I came to the conclusion of using it. Final pic is my backlog, minus floppies. Also absent are long/short box contents and any figs or Funkos.
XBNNxML.jpg

Pe7VO71.jpg

4wPdFQL.jpg

qJcJE6T.jpg

Rp2vHGB.jpg

xH4baCch.jpg

Owzers

I'll be back to my regular Overwatch addiction tomorrow night. Tonight was all about Copa America.

Should I but any of these New 52 sales? WW, the Flash, and Aquaman just went up. Flash is a definite no. I might just say fuck it and focus on the new Rebirth stuff instead.

Really thought we were going to be talking about wrestling there as i saw an E at the end. I watched about 20 minutes of Raw total thanks to Overwatch losing. I need to tone back on the overwatch because i'm getting burnt out on bad matches. I'm going Team Freeza in wanting new modes or something.

I saw half of the last Raw match, a six man tag of new day vs. bullet club. I've turned on New Day and am irritated by them.

Wonder Woman is very good up to around #35 or so. Johns and Parker Aquaman are meant to be enjoyable as well.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Been re-reading Hell on Earth since I had forgotten most of what happened and I didn't wanna read volume 10-13 without knowing what the hell was happening. Anyway, just got to volume 9, which I remember being my favorite arc to date. The art in this arc is especially beautiful.

Some new pics of my collection. Be forewarned, it's a bit of a mess due to lack of shelving and a very strange shelving order that I'm not sure how I came to the conclusion of using it. Final pic is my backlog, minus floppies. Also absent are long/short box contents and any figs or Funkos.

That bigass JSA omnibus tho. How good is it?

I'm so envious of your collection tbh.

Foofaraw

Batman #5 was a nightmare to read. Comixology on my iPad kept auto rotating it in the wrong direction. Is this on purpose? It seems like it may be on theme with this issue, but it was very frustrating laying my iPad flat and gently rotating to be able to read.

Beside that, I'm really enjoying Synder's run so far. The only thing I don't love is the way Capullo draws Bruce, Dick, and Tim's faces. They feel super wierd. Not Frank Quietly odd proportions of face, but similar. In costume, they look great.

That bigass JSA omnibus tho. How good is it?

I'm so envious of your collection tbh.

The JSA Omnibus is amazing. There's 4 in total, but I only got the first and it was definitely a worthy investment. I have four omnibuses at this point, and only one of which I have not read (Guardians of the Galaxy), but I would say they were all certainly worthwhile investments.

Batman #5 was a nightmare to read. Comixology on my iPad kept auto rotating it in the wrong direction. Is this on purpose? It seems like it may be on theme with this issue, but it was very frustrating laying my iPad flat and gently rotating to be able to read.

Beside that, I'm really enjoying Synder's run so far. The only thing I don't love is the way Capullo draws Bruce, Dick, and Tim's faces. They feel super wierd. Not Frank Quietly odd proportions of face, but similar. In costume, they look great.

Batman #5 was my worst (well, my only bad) experience with digital comics. The flipping is very annoying, you have to lock your screen and keep flipping your tablet around.

I have to wonder if that was even effective in print, it felt very gimmicky

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"Not enough gun"

great moment or gretest moment?

tim1138

WW - no
Flash - no
Aquaman - Issues 1-40

Mindwipe

Wonder Woman 1 - 35 are excellent. 35 is also a handy jumping off point.

Flash is reasonable but unexciting.

Not read Aquaman.

Finally read Civil War 1. It wasn't too bad. Had a couple of really good moments but still felt a bit rushed.

Which is hard to understand given like a billion random issues exist under the Road to Civil War and the free issue and Civil War 0.

Owzers

Yay xcom 2 is coming to ps4 in September, that's something that isn't 2017.

YOU ARE BOOTY

The tag team competition is booty. New Day have been protected jokes for way too long and it's just not fun anymore. I'm starting to think wrestling is fake.

They should force New Day to talk about how great Roman is every monday. " Do you know who isn't booty? ROMAN REIGNS the worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrld champion!"

VanWinkle

Very nice.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Read the first two volumes of The Incal, and I totally get what people love about Moebius. He's so good at world building. The story is leaving me a little cold so far though. I'm not entirely sure what, if anything, is happening thematically.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on Aquaman, but I still have a zillion TMNT books to read, 10 more Batman Inc books to finish the Morrison run, and the last half of Snyder's Batman.

Think I'll pass for now. Gotta clear up that backlog. Luckily, I'll be working a weird shift the rest of this week which could free me up for some Comixology fun.

Read the first two volumes of The Incal, and I totally get what people love about Moebius. He's so good at world building. The story is leaving me a little cold so far though. I'm not entirely sure what, if anything, is happening thematically.
Incal gets increasingly better as it goes and its themes become a lot clearer but also more abstract. One of the few books Ive wanted to read again immediately

Top Bottom