• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

TheFlow

Banned
lEkcCux.jpg
Lol!! This is perfect

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Huck is the better or the two. Copperhead hasn't come back from its 2nd hiatus and I have no idea where it is.

You will enjoy Sunstone. Beware Death Vigil vol 1 is 24.99 I believe. But its worth it. As I say it is 8 issues.

Saw someone ask Faerber about it last week on Twitter. He said they are slowly working on it between other projects. So it's not dead but it also doesn't seem to be coming back any time soon.

VanWinkle

Yeeeesss. Got a little simple entertainment system going into my office. I'm hoping it will help me play my XB1 sometimes since usually if I'm out in the living room I'm playing my PS4. I'm really liking the look of it, but I just started moving stuff around so I haven't got everything exactly where I want it or hid the cables or anything yet.

V3KZUY7.jpg

Messi

I think I'll just put Death Vigil in my pay day basket on Amazon then seeing as they have it for £15. Huck isn't out till July which is weird because I was sure it was out in trade already.

What do you think about Bitch Planet? that seems cool. Descender seems like it would be interesting. I'm big on Sci-Fi.

Bitch Planet is OK but very angry.

Zombine

Banned
Yeeeesss. Got a little simple entertainment system going into my office. I'm hoping it will help me play my XB1 sometimes since usually if I'm out in the living room I'm playing my PS4. I'm really liking the look of it, but I just started moving stuff around so I haven't got everything exactly where I want it or hid the cables or anything yet.

V3KZUY7.jpg

Bro. This is the life. Looks great!

TheFlow

Banned
Vanwrinkle nice setup

Wanted to let you guys know I finished young justice season 1. Sooo good. Shit is getting real in season 2

Hagi

Bitch Planet is OK but very angry.

Women really seem to be taking to it if the amount of tattoos they post to Deconnicks Twitter is anything to go by. I think I'll give it a miss until longer down the line. Image has too much that I'd like to read.

oni_saru

Read Vol. 6 and the World's End stuff. That wraps all the loose ends up. Plus World's End is just a non-stop hype train. Vol. 6 of Earth 2 is just backstory stuff to supplement World's End so it's not entirely necessary. I read it before World's End though, so I had backstory knowledge going into World's End that I wouldn't have had previously
Okay! Thanks! Will add them to my reading list then!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Vision #2 - yeah this is going to be a instant classic run isnt it? Amazing book as Virginia makes up some fantastic story about what happened with Grim Reaper, Vin gets in trouble at school in another creepy scene (which this book will be full of apparently), Vision lays down the law with the principal using the "yo dawg I saved earth 37 times" card, and finally a fantastic cliffhanger with Virginia in trouble. This book is fantastic, that is all.

Extraordinary X-Men #3 - With Magik out of commission the X-Men struggle to keep the students safe from the rampaging limbo demons, meanwhile Jean convinces Logan to join the X-Men. Great action, Ramos continues to do hos best work in ages, the team is coming together (I love they have a sentient Sentinel so much) and we have Sinister next issue. Super fun book.

tim1138

Not gonna lie don't even know who B'wanna Beast is. Is he Beast Boys distant cousin?

He's the best D level character ever. He lived on Mount Kilimanjaro with his gorilla pal Djuba and with the combination of his mask and a magic potion gained superhuman strength and agility and the ability to fuse any two animals into one. He (and later Freedom Beast) were featured prominently in Morrison's Animal Man run. He has a very great (and tragic) story in the Batman Brave and the Bold cartoon, and was also in at least one episode of Justice League Unlimited as well.
Knowing that one of my favorite artists had a killer design for one of my favorite obscure characters and it was never used is torture. Comics were clearly a mistake.

Messi

Women really seem to be taking to it if the amount of tattoos they post to Deconnicks Twitter is anything to go by. I think I'll give it a miss until longer down the line. Image has too much that I'd like to read.

That book has a bone to pick and that bone is men. Among other things, I am not sure it is actually quality. It reads better in chunks but we also don't have enough issues to tell wether or not in the end it will be worth it.

I believe those tattoos stand for more than just the book.

oni_saru

Hey VanWinkle, how is the Geoff Johns GL omnibus books? Is the quality good? I've read that some omnibus collections tend to have crappy binding.

I'm thinking i've buying it since recently I got interested in Geoff's GL run.

He has a very great (and tragic) story in the Batman Brave and the Bold cartoon

The room was quite dusty the day I watched that.

"So, being a hero isn't all it's cracked up to be. But you know what? I'd do it all over again.... in a hummingbird's heartbeat."

mreddie

New Avengers, I have who's on what and then two other factions join.
Howard: Poor Bev and Howard, I assume their relationship is a bit retconned since furries.
Flash: Okay, FLASH CORPS!

Hagi

He's the best D level character ever. He lived on Mount Kilimanjaro with his gorilla pal Djuba and with the combination of his mask and a magic potion gained superhuman strength and agility and the ability to fuse any two animals into one. He (and later Freedom Beast) were featured prominently in Morrison's Animal Man run. He has a very great (and tragic) story in the Batman Brave and the Bold cartoon, and was also in at least one episode of Justice League Unlimited as well.
Knowing that one of my favorite artists had a killer design for one of my favorite obscure characters and it was never used is torture. Comics were clearly a mistake.

This all sounds cool I haven't read Morrison's Animal Man before but when I do I'll look out B'wanna Beast.

That book has a bone to pick and that bone is men. Among other things, I am not sure it is actually quality. It reads better in chunks but we also don't have enough issues to tell wether or not in the end it will be worth it.

I thought I was probably missing some context to the tattoos outside of people just being fans of the book. It would be interesting to read a feminist comic book set against the women in prison exploitation genre.

My ranking for the first month's batch of Rebirth books:

Green Arrow
Flash
Detective Comics
Wonder Woman
Green Lanterns
Action Comics
Superman
Batman
Aquaman

Drop Wonder Woman down a few spots, swap Action above Green Lanterns, and that's my list. I like it.

VanWinkle

Hey VanWinkle, how is the Geoff Johns GL omnibus books? Is the quality good? I've read that some omnibus collections tend to have crappy binding.

I'm thinking i've buying it since recently I got interested in Geoff's GL run.

The first volume cracks really loudly when you open it up, I believe because there is glue residue on the hinges of the book. Other than that, though, there is zero gutter loss and it opens really well. The other ones are all-around great.

I've only read the first volume so far, but it was incredible.

anaron

They were getting them before it even launched.

KSD has a small but very insane fanbase.

Detective was pretty much what I wanted from that book. I also liked Flash and Wonder Woman.

Best thing I read today was Wacky Raceland though.
I think.
Wtf

I haven't read Action or Aquaman yet because I had to stop after Raceland.

Actually the Hanna Barbera comics might be my favorite things coming out right now. I wasn't expecting this.

Messi

So a lot of people laughed at the new DC hanna barbera comics and now 3 of them have released and they have all been good. It would be great sometimes if we could give books a chance before being snarky. See also events.

Bii

updated to show van finished like a boss

Comic book goals 6/5-6/12
TheFlow- hellboy vol 2-12
Brianfellows- finish superior foes
Sandfox- catch up on Sex Criminals or finish reading Fraction's Hawkeye.
Echoshifting- I will have ten or less books to finish in Comixology by next Sunday.
Bkatastrophe- Green Lantern: Blackest Night, my floppies, Red Lanterns Vol. 5, and Buffy S8 Vol. 4.
Vanwrinkle- East of west year one ohc
whatsinaname- survive business trip
Messi-overwatch lol
Launchpadmcq- overwatch lol
sillymonkey321- overwatch lol
zombine- overwatch lol
lashley- 3-5 hellboy books
Hagi-deadly class volume 1-3, east of west year 1, and gundam origin whole series.

I'm glad I didn't commit to anything.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
So a lot of people laughed at the new DC hanna barbera comics and now 3 of them have released and they have all been good. It would be great sometimes if we could give books a chance before being snarky. See also events.

They still look terrible to me.

This is like ANAD Hanna-Barbera.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
OphfMBy.jpg

oy6Map6.gif

1. Ogdru Jahad on earth
2. Black Flame is dead
3. Iosif releasing Varvara

Gotta wait until October for volume 14 to come out...
[edit]

By then Abe Sapien 7, Hellboy and the BPRD 1953 and Hellboy in Hell 2 will be out, though, so I'll have a decent haul.

Top Bottom