• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

ConventionalJitteryAmurminnow.gif

HYPE.

The first great Spidey game since 2 hopefully.

Mindwipe

What a stupid idea and I have not even seen it

LOL, how super ugly. What where they thinking?

I imagine they felt the suit needed something that made it more obvious to the player where the character position was while flying into bright skies, otherwise everything would mush into shadow.

I don't think they nailed it tbh, but I'm sure unlocking other suits won't be hard.

Hagi

I think the Spider costume looks pretty cool, don't really mind the white spider. We get so many variations of the same thing all the time, even with this costume. You just know there is going to be a tonne of unlock able costumes anyway.

shingi70

Banned
Time to get a neo when it launches, overall this has been a meh E3 hype wise, but for practical announcements all the conferences save EA was good.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
that Spider-Man game has a huge potential, i hope it's good!

i copped that Alred Silver Surfer run from before SW - excited to start it this weekend

Really liked Nighthawk #1. Never even heard of the character before this but I hope the series sticks around a bit.

Hercules was a lot of fun too. Wonder how long Gods of War will last.

Mindwipe

I think the Spider costume looks pretty cool, don't really mind the white spider. We get so many variations of the same thing all the time, even with this costume. You just know there is going to be a tonne of unlock able costumes anyway.

I don't think the white is the problem really, I think it's more the gloves and the shoulder stripes don't work.

Messi

Really liked Nighthawk #1. Never even heard of the character before this but I hope the series sticks around a bit.

Hercules was a lot of fun too. Wonder how long Gods of War will last.

Gods of War is a 4 issue miniseries.

Nighthawk was dope. Art was on point.

Neo and Scorpio are both likely to be great, but they also might push me to just build a new desktop computer with my son. I love the convenience of consoles, but I have a large Steam library and I can get my Xbox 360 and PS4 controllers to work for most games.

I actually love the idea of killing console generational cycles and doing annual or biannual updates. I realize some people hate that with a passion, but consoles always get long in the tooth and tend to hold back game developers late in their life cycle. Constantly evolving tech is better for gaming, in my opinion. Just offer different visual fidelity settings like PC does based on the hardware you run.

The Scorpio announcement was baffling, though. Holiday season 2017, we've got this monster console coming out. But please buy our slim Xbox One until then. Yeah...not gonna happen. Also, if all their big releases will also come out for Windows, then I don't really have a need for their console.

Just finished the first 7 issues of series 1 IDW Ghostbusters.

The art was nice and it wasn't completely without charm, but I honestly want terribly impressed.

Does it get much better? I like ghostbusters, but maybe I'm not a big enough fan to enjoy these enough.

ICO and Zelda are two things I just never got. My lifetime franchises:
WipEout
SSX
NBA Street
PSX FFs
PGR > Forza Horizon
Crackton
Destiny
Understandable. They're not for everyone and that's fine. I love their minamalistic design with laser focus on what they want to do and convey. Plus the atmosphere, stories and themes are similar to the gameplay choices but are so effective because of it. There's very little like those games

Understandable. They're not for everyone and that's fine. I love their minamalistic design with laser focus on what they want to do and convey. Plus the atmosphere, stories and themes are similar to the gameplay choices but are so effective because of it. There's very little like those games

I'm actually pretty sure they're amazing. I just totally missed them.

Okay, I'm pretty confident TMNT: Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything is the worst, most nonsensical, most tryhard time travel story I have ever experienced in any medium. When you have to re-explain or add addendums to your time travel rules several times across the first two issues with giant walls of text, you've failed.

And I like time travel stories more than most.

I can't get hyped for a Zelda game in 2016. I played both NES entries and loved them, but haven't stuck with a game in the franchise since. Somehow they always feel repetitive and dull when compared to other modern games. I don't feel any of the magic people talk about doing hand-holding fetch quests for obnoxious fairies.

Everything feels incredibly dated. Graphics, gameplay, story. I skipped the Wii U and it would take something crazy to get me interested in the NX. This doesn't look like it.

Sandfox

I can't get hyped for a Zelda game in 2016. I played both NES entries and loved them, but haven't stuck with a game in the franchise since. Somehow they always feel repetitive and dull when compared to other modern games. I don't feel any of the magic people talk about doing hand-holding fetch quests for obnoxious fairies.

Everything feels incredibly dated. Graphics, gameplay, story. I skipped the Wii U and it would take something crazy to get me interested in the NX. This doesn't look like it.

We don't even know anything about the story lol. Also, this new game looks pretty different from the older Zelda games.

shingi70

Banned

How does the story look dated if we know nothing of it?

We don't even know anything about the story lol. Also, this new game looks pretty different from the older Zelda games.

How does the story look dated if we know nothing of it?

I don't mean the new game, sorry. I wasn't very clear. I'm talking about the N64, Gamecube, and Wii offerings. None of those give me any confidence in the franchise. Nothing Zelda-related gets me hyped any more based on the track record. Some folks love those games, but they do nothing for me.

I bought a Gamecube specifically for a Zelda game. Never again.

Top Bottom