• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Will I have him killed?

Freeza...

Don't look at me. I just had two awesome Pharah POTG. One was amazing. A Mercy was walking in front of me and had no idea I was behind her. Two rockets to the back and there was a dead Mercy. Then I impact-blasted a Widowmaker off a cliff before showing a Soldier 76 and a McCree who the fucking boss was. I didn't even use an ultimate. That was all precision aiming.

psychbat pls

What did you do VanWinkle?

sAiq9Nz.jpg

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
List, list baby

BATMAN #1
GREEN ARROW #1
GREEN LANTERNS #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE #51
SUPERMAN #1
SWAMP THING #6
TITANS REBIRTH #1

INVINCIBLE #129

ALL NEW INHUMANS #8
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #14
ASTONISHING ANT-MAN #9
CIVIL WAR II #2
CIVIL WAR II X-MEN #1
DEADPOOL #14 CW2
INTERNATIONAL IRON MAN #4
STAR WARS #20
STAR WARS HAN SOLO #1
UNCANNY INHUMANS #10
UNCANNY X-MEN #8
VOTE LOKI #1

Messi

Haven't done a list in a while so why not. I relented on my dropping all DC books as I am weak and can't fall behind. Its a gift and a curse.

Batman #1 (By CIA's own Tom "Stealth" King)
Clean Room #9
Green Arrow #1
Green Lanterns #1
Lucifer #7
New Suicide Squad #21
Poison Ivy #6
Superman #1
Scooby Apocalypse #2
Titans Rebirth #1

Beauty #8 (YES!!)
I Hate Fairyland #6 (YES!!)
Lazarus #22
Low #14

All New Inhumans #8
Amazing Spider-Man #14
Astonishing Ant Man #9
Black Widow #4
Civil war 2 #2
Civil War X-Men #1
Deadpool #14
International iron man #4
Hellcat #7
Spider-gwen #9
Spidey #7
Squadron supreme #8
Uncanny inhumans #10
Uncanny x-men #8
Vote loki #1

Messi

Messi has given in, it's only a matter of time before he buys more loot boxes despite regretting doing so earlier.

That won't happen*

*Unless more skins get released

Found this on Amazon, this wasn't announced right??

51gWDXWnO3L._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The most ambitious project yet from the award-winning team of Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips, with acclaimed color artist Elizabeth Breitweiser -- Finally available in the gorgeous Deluxe edition their fans have come to expect! An epic graphic novel of Hollywood in the early days of the Blacklist, THE FADE OUT tracks the murder of an up-and-coming starlet from studio backlots to the gutters of downtown Los Angeles, as shell-shocked front man Charlie Parish is caught between his own dying sense of morality and his best friend's righteous sense of justice. A picture-perfect recreation of a lost era, THE FADE OUT is an instant classic from one of comics most acclaimed teams. This beautiful oversized hardback edition collects the entirety of Brubaker and Phillips serialized graphic novel, as well as many behind-the-scenes art and stories, sketches and layouts, illustrations, and several historical essays. Collects issues 1 - 12 of THE FADE OUT.

Great to see that they are including the essays. Those were great.

I guess we forgot to do lists over the weekend.

Klaus 6

Batman 1 (Classified Edition)
Justice League 51
Superman 1
Titans Rebirth

TMNT 59
TMNT Bebop and Blablablabla Universe 3 (I can't believe I'm pulling this, please shame me)

I Hate Fairyland 6
Lazarus 22 (YESSSSS)
Low 14

Amazing Spider-Man 14
Astonishing Ant-Man 9
Black Widow 4
Civil War II 2 tutu
Civil War II X-Men 1
Guardians of Infinity 7
Nova 8
Squadron Supreme 8
Star Wars 20
Uncanny Inhumans 10
Uncanny X-Men 8
Vote Trump 1

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I posted my list over the weekend like a good little boy. I'll post it again though since it is imperative you guys all know what I'm buying....

The Beauty #8
I Hate Fairyland #6
Lazarus #22
Manifest Destiny #20

Messi

I posted my list over the weekend like a good little boy. I'll post it again though since it is imperative you guys all know what I'm buying....

The Beauty #8
I Hate Fairyland #6
Lazarus #22
Manifest Destiny #20

Have you been enjoying Manifest destiny since its return? I know you were very hyped for it.

VanWinkle

In for Batman #1. Not interested in the Rebirth issue. I mean, cool that it exists and all, but from everything I hear I am missing nothing from not getting it.

I'm really excited to get that Poison Ivy miniseries when it comes to collected format. That art is STUNNING.

Messi

In for Batman #1. Not interested in the Rebirth issue. I mean, cool that it exists and all, but from everything I hear I am missing nothing from not getting it.

I'm really excited to get that Poison Ivy miniseries when it comes to collected format. That art is STUNNING.

Well...you are missing Mikel Janin's stunning art.

Your list got cut off after four books.

I legit snorted in laughter when I read this.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Have you been enjoying Manifest destiny since its return? I know you were very hyped for it.

I actually haven't read it yet. I haven't read any of my Image buys for 4 or 5 weeks now. It was originally only going to be a week or two while I read Superior Foes and got caught up on MU but that took a little longer than I thought it would. Now that I've started Annihilation I've moved the date back to the first week of next month when I will be on vacation.

I'm going to have a ridiculously good backlog of books to read by then.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
One of my dogs has been sick lately but he does NOT have a mass in his kidney, yay. They still need to figure out whats wrong with him but thats a load off at least.

Just something thats been bothering me for the last 2 weeks or so and its not the worst case scenario :)

VanWinkle

Well...you are missing Mikel Janin's stunning art.

I was thinking about adding that, lol. Oh well, I'll just get it in #2 (presumably). EDIT: Huh, checked cmx and issues #1-5 all have Finch as artist. I assumed that artists were going to alternate issue to issue. I mean, I guess this makes more sense if you have one artist on each arc, but I am a little surprised.

Messi

One of my dogs has been sick lately but he does NOT have a mass in his kidney, yay. They still need to figure out whats wrong with him but thats a load off at least.

Just something thats been bothering me for the last 2 weeks or so and its not the worst case scenario :)

Hope your dog gets well soon. Make sure he doesn't accidentally read comics while he recovers.

I was thinking about adding that, lol. Oh well, I'll just get it in #2 (presumably).

Yeah, he is back on #2. His art was so good in rebirth. That issue was nothing special art aside but it wasn't the dumpster fire it was made out to be.

Give him pets from comicgaf, hope you get it all figured out soon!

shingi70

Banned
Late list time

Superman #1
Titans : Rebirth #1
Green Arrow #1
Green Lanterns #1
Batman #1
Justice League #51

Any good sci Fi or fantasy comics with political and military overtones?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Secret Wars #8 - man this sure turned into a bit of a clusterfuck didnt it? :/

Cool moment with the
Thanos fatality
and the cliffhanger but I dont see how Hickman can wrap this up in a satisfactory manor in 1 more issue, and more importantly (and sadder), I dont really care. The momentum is completely gone which im sure you all felt too 6 months ago. This whole thing is a shame.

The Ultimates #2 - hell yeah. Badasses being badass, not giving a fuck as they confront Galactus (T'challa especially) and I like that they dont drag this Galactus redemption stuff too long (its apparently resolved with him being
Lifebringer
at the end of the issue). Good stuff.

Scarlet Witch #1 - this was alright. Nothing amazing but its competent and I like the idea of Wanda going solo to figure her shit out. Art is a bit iffy sometimes. Am I correct to assume this ties into the same story going on in Doctor Strange?

Cool moment with the
Thanos fatality
and the cliffhanger but I dont see how Hickman can wrap this up in a satisfactory manor in 1 more issue, and more importantly (and sadder), I dont really care. The momentum is completely gone which im sure you all felt too 6 months ago. This whole thing is a shame.

The Ultimates #2 - hell yeah. Badasses being badass, not giving a fuck as they confront Galactus (T'challa especially) and I like that they dont drag this Galactus redemption stuff too long (its apparently resolved with him being
Lifebringer

Scarlet Witch #1 - this was alright. Nothing amazing but its competent and I like the idea of Wanda going solo to figure her shit out. Art is a bit iffy sometimes. Am I correct to assume this ties into the same story going on in Doctor Strange?
Galactus is still an important supporting character in the book. He gets his own solo issue down the line.

Also is Scarlet Witch still running?

Rhaknar

Galactus is still an important supporting character in the book. He gets his own solo issue down the line.

Also is Scarlet Witch still running?

I know he is, I meant they dont stretch out that part of the story (
him turning into a "good guy"
) for 6 issues.

Also Scarlet Witch was on of those "MU good" comics (aka its fine since its "free")

squadr0n

Cool moment with the
Thanos fatality

Lifebringer

Is anything from Secret Wars still relevant at all anymore lol? I feel like it didnt really do anything at all that impacted the current line up accept
get rid of FF and Cyc (Which still hasnt been explained lol)
Pretty much had less impact than Axis which didnt have much accept a minor run on Iron Man that I can remember.

Finished Flashpoint and Justice League Vol 1 faster then my IST order of Vol 2-7... :(

I guess I'll start reading New 52 Flash or finish up the Avengers Disassembled arc on MU.

Freeza, one of the games we played in overwatch was so laggy i thought it was....freezaing!

Get it?

Seemed okay for me. But apparently they took the servers off not long after.

Oh my goodness, we steamrolled those clowns on Watchpoint Gibraltar. I was just running around as Symmetra and people were dropping left and right. I was cracking up.

VanWinkle

Had to take the slipcases off of my two Absolute editions so that they would fit in my over-oversized book shelf. Looks good, though, but I don't know what to do with the slipcases now. I will probably eventually get more Absolutes or more Library editions that will warrant me taking the Absolutes out and finding another spot for them.

Z493UgK.jpg

Top Bottom