• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

We are very casual around here, but we do love to talk about comics.

What have you been picking up recently?

I have been dropping alot of books to get my damn pull list down,, but about the same stuff,,

Batman(s), Deadly Class, Black Science, Velvet, Tokyo Ghost, (anything Remender), Strange Attractors! (loved the OGN), TMNT, Descender, Punisher, Paybacks, Spawn, Hellboy,,,, blah blahblah,, plenty more that I am forgetting or just randoms,,

Been busy with Job change and all that good stuff,, fell off a little bit there for a sec..

Finally managed to get a print of my fave Saga cover. The print is so lovely.

saga_008_cover.jpg

We have that!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm gonna make an IST order. Gimme recommendations.

I'm kinda feeling like serious plot-heavy stuff. In the same sorta vein as Gotham Central.
Or just good comics I guess.

Owzers

I'm kinda feeling like serious plot-heavy stuff. In the same sorta vein as Gotham Central.

Have you read East of West? I feel like you've read East of West. If not, consider East of West.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
10€ for the day, people stop the Spider-Gwen from Platinum begging, just because a random programmer liked her.

Gaming side is even worse then OT.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Lazarus by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark

Revival by Tim Seeley and Mike Norton

Get the Kill Your Boyfriend/Vimanarama deluxe edition if you didn't already. It's Morrison so you'll probably dig it.

And more Hellboy :p

Kipp

Thanks everybody!

I'm definitely getting this James Stokoe Godzilla Treasury Edition thing. Seems like it's awesome.

Also noticed that All Star Section Eight came out today, so I'm obviously all over that.

Now to figure out what to fill the rest of the order up with. Definitely looking into Sandman Mystery Theater.

Just finished the first 7 issues of series 1 IDW Ghostbusters.

The art was nice and it wasn't completely without charm, but I honestly want terribly impressed.

Does it get much better? I like ghostbusters, but maybe I'm not a big enough fan to enjoy these enough.

I had a similar experience. People love that book, but it just didn't work for me. The book is so reverential to the movies that the comic never become its own thing. It feels like you're reading reference material for the movies. I stuck with it for 3 arcs and it never got better. If you're not enjoying it, jump off now.

I had a similar experience. People love that book, but it just didn't work for me. The book is so reverential to the movies that the comic never become its own thing. It feels like you're reading reference material for the movies. I stuck with it for 3 arcs and it never got better. If you're not enjoying it, jump off now.

Thanks for the impressions! I'll take your advice. (Ghostbusters IDW, for those that get annoyed at replies to replies, containing no reference to the subject :p)

Now I have to ignore this talk about art prints or I'll be buying Saga cover prints.

What size are they, btw, like the actual cover or bigger?

Oh, I failed.

Tizoc

Last stand of the wreckers
Transformers chaos theory (read the 2 part story)
Transformers mor than meets the ey vol 1

Messi

It is? Totally looks like Juri.

Lately my daily routine has been:

1. Play Overwatch
  2. Get mad at Overwatch
  3. Play Odin Sphere

It's been going pretty well.

Good to see you have excised comics from your daily routine.

I am just about done with idiot players not protecting their mercy. I can't keep you alive if you aren't considering where I am idiots.

Good to see you have excised comics from your daily routine.

I am just about done with idiot players not protecting their mercy. I can't keep you alive if you aren't considering where I am idiots.

Actually I usually read some Goon before bedtime. Goon is good comics. Good comics are a rare thing.

Kipp

Order complete.

All Star Section 8
James Stokoe Godzilla Treasury Edition
Lazarus HC Vol 1
Lazarus HC Vol 2
Brubaker Winter Soldier Complete Collection

Top Bottom