• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

ElNarez

Banned
Banning and Bellaire managed to get something energetic and lively from David Finch's pencils and that's another Rebirth miracle

I'm really, really liking this variant to Batman #1.

Batman-Aspen-Turner-Set.jpg

It's a Denver Comic Con exclusive, but it's probably the best cover for the book I've seen.
Wow that cover is great!

The Flash Rebirth #1
Oh wow this was cool. Both a mystery AND a Speed Force book? Is that what we're getting. SICK. Also
Wally schooling Barry's uneducated ass.
There were also a couple lines I enjoyed:
One was the "no jokes in the Batcave," and the other was "Batman loves his secrets, but he hates to lie." I really liked that.
I think I'm gonna like this book.

Tragicomedy Reviews Rebirth, spoiler free.

Batman #1 - ★★★★★ - CIA assassin Tom Fucking King, ladies and gentlemen! This book is a masterpiece. Perfect pacing, amazing self-contained story that sets us up going forward in the series, and two of the most iconic panels in the history of Batman comics. I mean, these action scenes, by god! 

Green Arrow #1 - ★★★★★ - I went gaga over Batman, but this is still the crown jewel of Rebirth for me. Two stellar issues in, everything is set up so perfectly in this world. I love the focus on the relationships early on. Art is gorgeous.

Superman #1 - ★★★ - In contrast to Action Comics, the story in this series keeps moving at a pretty glacial pace. It's never dull and is doing a solid job of introducing the protagonists, but two issues in and we're still aimless on where this is headed. A book about family? I thought Superman's son was getting his own team up book with Damian. No clue who the main antagonists will be.

Titans Rebirth - ★★ - I'm admittedly not a huge Titans fan, so take this review with a grain of salt. This is a good introductory book. It sets everything up nicely. Looks like there's a lot of shared history and friendship that I'm just not aware of, but I think regulars will eat up the fan service. This will probably be like Flash in that it's one of the main books that will follow up on the whole Watchmen storyline.

Didn't buy Green Lanterns, so I'll look forward to hearing impressions.

PsychBat!

Banned

Batman #1 - ★★★★★ - CIA assassin Tom Fucking King, ladies and gentlemen! This book is a masterpiece. Perfect pacing, amazing self-contained story that sets us up going forward in the series, and two of the most iconic panels in the history of Batman comics. I mean, these action scenes, by god.
Sounds like you hated it :p

shingi70

Banned

Batman #1 - ★★★★★ - CIA assassin Tom Fucking King, ladies and gentlemen! This book is a masterpiece. Perfect pacing, amazing self-contained story that sets us up going forward in the series, and two of the most iconic panels in the history of Batman comics. I mean, these action scenes, by god! 

Green Arrow #1 - ★★★★★ - I went gaga over Batman, but this is still the crown jewel of Rebirth for me. Two stellar issues in, everything is set up so perfectly in this world. I love the focus on the relationships early on. Art is gorgeous.

Superman #1 - ★★★ - In contrast to Action Comics, the story in this series keeps moving at a pretty glacial pace. It's never dull and is doing a solid job of introducing the protagonists, but two issues in and we're still aimless on where this is headed. A book about family? I thought Superman's son was getting his own team up book with Damian. No clue who the main antagonists will be.

Titans Rebirth - ★★ - I'm admittedly not a huge Titans fan, so take this review with a grain of salt. This is a good introductory book. It sets everything up nicely. Looks like there's a lot of shared history and friendship that I'm just not aware of, but I think regulars will eat up the fan service. This will probably be like Flash in that it's one of the main books that will follow up on the whole Watchmen storyline.

Superman's son is going to be a supporting character in Superman which leads into Supersons.

tim1138

I cannot get over how good Green Arrow is now. Of all the Rebirth stuff released so far, it is easily the best in my opinion.

Hey pretty bird

shingi70

Banned
Anyone having problems with comixology I haven't been able to buy from the app or website since last week.

Everytime I go purchases hats in my cart, the site asks me to confirm my date of birth, goes back to the purchase screen and then once I go to complete it just takes me back to the DoB screen in an annoying loop.

I accidentally bought All-New Inhumans. :p Is it a sign?

Anyone having problems with comixology I haven't been able to buy from the app or website since last week.

Everytime I go purchases hats in my cart, the site asks me to confirm my date of birth, goes back to the purchase screen and then once I go to complete it just takes me back to the DoB screen in an annoying loop.

I just bought a bunch of books via the site and it went fine, nothing out of the ordinary

tim1138

Email their support line, they'll get it fixed.

VanWinkle

Batman #1 - ★★★★★ - CIA assassin Tom F***ing King, ladies and gentlemen! This book is a masterpiece. Perfect pacing, amazing self-contained story that sets us up going forward in the series, and two of the most iconic panels in the history of Batman comics. I mean, these action scenes, by god! 

Dang man, I'll have to get Green Arrow, too. Can't stand the hype anymore.

VanWinkle

I have to concede that digital is better for single issues. If only for one reason: ads. I HATE ads interspersed between art pages. Totally breaks the flow. I wish they would just put them all at the end. Convenience is great, too. I can just buy it and read it right now without having to go anywhere.

I still like physical collected editions way better than either, though.

I feel like the last man left who buys floppies. Even when its just from time to time.
I have nothing against them but they take up so much space. It's easier and more convenient to buy them digitally and you don't have to store them or anything. Image quality is better too.

Owzers

We made it at least two weeks without this nonsensical talk championing digital comics over actual real comics, is it because of all the Sony VR talk that people have given up on actual things? Nah, i don't need a controller, i'm just going to arm swim my way through games from now on and give up on everything that surrounds me.

Buy a real comic and don't give up on life.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Batman 1 was cool. Loved
Bats riding a plane

Superman 1 was cool. Loved
the sheer panic of waiting til your dad comes home to get in trouble multiplied through the superhero metaphor.

Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat 7 was cool. Loved
Patsy sort of forgetting all about Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, and am sad about how Civil War II will change the book going forward (if it does).

Green Arrow 1 was cool. Loved
the way that Black Canary takes him to task for throwing money around.

Black Widow 4 was cool. Not quite the masterclass that it has been, but still incredibly drawn.

Vote Loki 1 was almost cool. Cool concept, bad art, Loki not nearly well written enough (but that might be because I'm coming off of Young Avengers, where Kieron Gillen completely got him).

Re: ASM

If the
conspiracy
referred to on Twitter yesterday is just
Regent doing the exact same shit he pulled in RYV
then I'm officially annoyed about that tease. But there doesn't seem to be anything else it could be.

VanWinkle

WOOOOWW. Green Arrow was amazing. Rebirth issue was very good for the most part, a little iffy in a couple of places, but #1 just knocked it out of the park.

That art is beyond fantastic, too. Like, every page just made me EXCITED to look at. I just adored everything about the issue, really.

ElNarez

Banned
The biggest problem of Vote Loki so far is that Prez is a thing that exists, and it's so much more sharper and biting in its satire of the American Political Institutions. It feels weak, and, it doesen't fit in the established recent Loki canon (I'm talking about the Gillen, Ewing and even to some extent Aaron takes on him) as well as you'd want it to. It's totally fine, Langdon Foss is a good artist (fuck all y'all), but man, there are things out there that are so much better.

Batman and Joker always get me so I spent the $7 on The Dark Knight Returns The Last Crusade and I am not disappointed. The best thing the Miller/Azzerello writing team has came up with so far and and JRJR art was great. Loved the dirty looking coloring.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Batman and Joker always get me so I spent the $7 on The Dark Knight Returns The Last Crusade and I am not disappointed. The best thing the Miller/Azzerello writing team has came up with so far and and JRJR art was great. Loved the dirty looking coloring.
Is this a Prequel?

Top Bottom