• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

ThyComicList

DC:
Batman #1
Green Arrow #1
Superman #1

DYNAMITE:
Devolution #5

IDW:
T.M.N.T. #59

IMAGE:
Descender #12

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel like the last man left who buys floppies. Even when its just from time to time.
Nah,, I'm still gettin these fresh DC comic smellssss

Image solicits for September*

*They make you buy the digital download even though it's free

Image pls I just wanna read about the new Remender comics with his great art teams

zWaUFQ8.jpg
x4J8dpA.jpg

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
New and returning series from the new Image solicits......

Seven to Eternity #1 - Remender and Opena

Surgeon X #1 - Sarah Kenney and John Watkiss

Eclipse #1 - Zachary Kaplan and Giovanni Timpano

Glitterbomb #1 - Jim Zub and Djibril Morissette-Phan

Hadrian's Wall #1 (of 8) - Kyle Higgins Alec Siegel and Rod Reis

Deadly Class #22

The Fix #5

Invisible Republic #11

Wayward #16

Monstress #7

Red One #3

Southern Cross #7

The Wicked + The Divine 1831 #1 (One Shot)

Some really nice turnarounds there by Deadly Class, Monstress, and The Fix.

Also I just wanna say that The Spire #8 (of 8) came out today, oversized finale, and its just as good I had hoped. If you're a fan of this creative team's work on Six-Gun Gorilla, cool sci-fantasy stories inspired by Miyazaki/Toilken/Moebius, or just really like comics, pls check out the trade when it releases. I highly recommend it.

Weiss

Banned
Ooh, something new by Jim Zub.

I'm a big fan of Wayward, and can almost muster up the courage to check out his Thunderbolts despite the atrocious artwork, so I think I'll be there for this.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Also I just wanna say that The Spire #8 (of 8) came out today, oversized finale, and its just as good I had hoped. If you're a fan of this creative team's work on Six-Gun Gorilla, cool sci-fantasy stories inspired by Miyazaki/Toilken/Moebius, or just really like comics, pls check out the trade when it releases. I highly recommend it.

I gave it a few issues. Wasn't for me. I'd say it's still worth checking out though.

Yeah, I've been keeping my eye on the Boom solicits for a trade announcement. It comes out in Dec I think. Loved Six-Gun Gorilla.

Owzers

Resident Evil 7 demo remind me of Outlast or Amnesia, it has none of the campy zombie charm that i liked from RE games. Zombie fun of 1 and 2 with 4's gameplay, or at least an improvement. Not just doing the "unnerving dark room" game in first person. I'd say they ruined it but they already ruined it. They are ruining it in different ways?

State of Decay + RE characters, but instead we get shooter garbage of 6 or now super serious 7.

I gave Japan a pass on anime because they made games i liked but they are completely letting me down and this has to change. Trump is right, Japan is ripping us off.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Resident Evil 7 demo remind me of Outlast or Amnesia, it has none of the campy zombie charm that i liked from RE games. Zombie fun of 1 and 2 with 4's gameplay, or at least an improvement. Not just doing the "unnerving dark room" game in first person. I'd say they ruined it but they already ruined it. They are ruining it in different ways?
Cant ruin it further then it was with 5 and 6.

Also dont forget. There is always REmake 2 coming.

Tankcontrols yaaaaas

This is my problem with the book. I like it fine, but it feels like nothing is really happening.

Yeah it's close to a drop for me, which is sad because I love Nick Spencer and I think the art is good. It's nice to see Spencer get to play with some of his Superior Foes toys again, but the humor is incredibly flat compared to that book (to say nothing of The Fix). It's just been spinning its wheels since the relaunch.

One more issue.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it's close to a drop for me, which is sad because I love Nick Spencer and I think the art is good. It's nice to see Spencer get to play with some of his Superior Foes toys again, but the humor is incredibly flat compared to that book (to say nothing of The Fix). It's just been spinning its wheels since the relaunch.

One more issue.

Agreed.

No might about it. This is some of the most polished, confident storytelling he's ever done.

Also agreed. I flip through the first issue every once in a while because it's just so dynamic. Phenomenal book.

One more issue.
I wish Lieber was on art. He goes really well with Spencer's writing.

I dropped it after ANAD. Thought about getting back into it for Janice but I have too many other books to read.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I was feeling the new Batman until the end where
some Superman clones showed up. I HAAAAATTTEEEEEE when Batman stories have superpowered heroes in them.

Titans Rebirth #1
I liked the art for this, and it had a cool premise. I'm just super hyped for this, even though this is all set-up. Who the fuck is
Lilith, though? Should I know her from ANYTHING?

Weiss

Banned
Titans Rebirth #1
I liked the art for this, and it had a cool premise. I'm just super hyped for this, even though this is all set-up. Who the fuck is

Lilith is an old school Teen Titans character with a caveman boyfriend. She was in Titans Hunt too, I think.

Sou Da

I was gonna say "
at least he got to go to the party!
", but shit went south so fast.
That Rogue part suuucked.

No one seems to really care about him, his mom just seems tired of this shit, and he has like one friend. I'm kind of scared to see where this book is going.

EDIT: It gets worse when you realize that Jean knew exactly what he was feeling and didn't care at all.

Sandfox

I enjoyed this issue of ASM more than the last issue. Now I'm starting to dig this story.

Nova was really good and the issue makes you feel for the character. Probably the best written issue of the current run and so far I would recommend this to fans of the character.

I enjoyed the X-Men Civil War tie-in. I really want to see what happens next.

Re: ASM

If the
conspiracy
referred to on Twitter yesterday is just
Regent doing the exact same shit he pulled in RYV
then I'm officially annoyed about that tease. But there doesn't seem to be anything else it could be.

We already knew about that and the tease relates to Dead no More so this isn't it. We'll find out either tomorrow or Friday.

Titans Rebirth #1

Titans Hunt. Titans Rebirth is literally just Titans Hunt + DCU Rebirth with 0 stopping.

Titans Hunt. Titans Rebirth is literally just Titans Hunt + DCU Rebirth with 0 stopping.

Seems messy how they're setting this series up. I would have never known that unless you mentioned it. Now I have to decide if I want to drop $26 on Titans Hunt so I can follow along better. Leaning heavily towards no.

So from what I gathered she's off-brand Raven?

Not from what I read in Titan Hunt. She's just a psychic. No magic stuff.

Seems messy how they're setting this series up. I would have never known that unless you mentioned it. Now I have to decide if I want to drop $26 on Titans Hunt so I can follow along better. Leaning heavily towards no.

Cliff notes: Teen Titans used to be a thing, before the Tim-led team. They went up against a baddy (Mr. Twister) whose specific powerset ended up forcing Lilith to wipe everybody's minds, causing the entire team to forget ever being... well, a team. They rejoined, older now, and rekt Twister, but still didn't remember Wally because of the Rebirth stuff.

Cliff notes: Teen Titans used to be a thing, before the Tim-led team. They went up against a baddy (Mr. Twister) whose specific powerset ended up forcing Lilith to wipe everybody's minds, causing the entire team to forget ever being... well, a team. They rejoined, older now, and rekt Twister, but still didn't remember Wally because of the Rebirth stuff.

To riff off Glengarry Glen Ross: "You just saved me $26 dollars!"

Top Bottom