• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

VanWinkle

I feel slightly bummed about Batman #1. The writing is more than adequate. It was very good. But I just feel like a great writer is made SO MUCH BETTER in conjunction with a great artist, and I simply don't think Finch is up in that realm. I felt NOTHING about the art (which is better than feeling negatively, granted), and that's a real bummer.

Now, Green Arrow? That had great writing, and the art was SPECTACULAR. It elevated the book way above Batman, even if the writing was really good in both.

jackdoe

I feel slightly bummed about Batman #1. The writing is more than adequate. It was very good. But I just feel like a great writer is made SO MUCH BETTER in conjunction with a great artist, and I simply don't think Finch is up in that realm. I felt NOTHING about the art (which is better than feeling negatively, granted), and that's a real bummer.

Now, Green Arrow? That had great writing, and the art was SPECTACULAR. It elevated the book way above Batman, even if the writing was really good in both.
At least Mikel Janin is the other artist. And knowing Finch and his output, he'll probably be off of art duties by the end of the year. And hey, on the bright side, it isn't Ed Benes!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Star Wars 20's art freaks me out, there's some uncanny valley shit going on there. Seems like he just traces over stock photos or something, I dunno.

Messi

Only bit of the Copa America that I've seen is Peru's handball goal. Can't believe they allowed it.

thierry-henry-handball.gif

Still salty.

#CopaMessi

If the US vs Argentina match up happens in the semis (and I'm convinced it will), my house will be divided. Wife and son in Argentina jerseys, me rocking USA. I'll give the dog a USA toy or something to even things out.

Only bit of the Copa America that I've seen is Peru's handball goal. Can't believe they allowed it.

That's what happens when a sport refuses to use video review technology. Could have been resolved in thirty seconds. Instead we had the ref and line judge talking to each other for five minutes and talking into a headset to a mysterious entity on the other end. Everything looked shady as fuck, and I say that as a dude who loves seeing Brazil lose.

If you can't use video review, who the hell are they even talking to? You just have a centralized HQ look over the footage and make the right call. It absolves the referees on the field from any blame and prevents garbage. Make it that only goals are reviewed, and only at the request of the other team's manager. This isn't rocket science.

Green Lanterns Rebirth #1
Pretty interesting set-up. I'm curious as to
this Red Dawn, since Atrocitus is comparing it to Blackest Night and Brightest Day, it obviously means the Red Lanterns are supposed to have some major uprising. Atrocitus' prophecies usually work out. I'm curious to see this out and of course I love me some Red Lanterns. Only shows Bleez (with blood coming out of her mouth, which may imply mindlessness) and Dex-Starr.
I'm worried that the way they treat the Reds will only disappoint me after reading Red Lanterns. Still, I'm looking forward to this run, though more for Cruz than Baz. And the Reds. Also,
some kind of Pandora's Box-type thing
? Also, I may have to pick up Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.

Superman Rebirth #1
This seems like it'd be way cooler had I read the Superman run leading up to this. I enjoyed it, but I'm sticking to my guns on that.

Batman Rebirth #1
I enjoyed it. What they did with Calendar Man was pretty cool, actually. Again, if I had read more Bat books before this, this may have more impact. It was still a cool issue, especially with Alfred and the avocados. A nice little thing that I really liked, for some reason.

Scooby Apocalypse #2
Scooby-Doo mixed with action/horror B-movies. I'm digging it so far, so I'll continue to read it until I no longer dig it.

mreddie

Vote Loki was odd. It's spoofing the gun debate, how news comes out, Loki changing to want the public wants him to be and it has bite but nothing else. Feels meh compared to Agent.

Antman's new arc is the best arc since the starting arc. Machine Smith and Darla are dope.

Patsy Walker...man...this shit is gonna get sad now. Too happy with Jessica Jones and now...the Civil War 2 tie in.

So other than mutant liaison between mutants and inhumans, why is Beast really with the Inhumans? Has that been covered yet in any comic, extraordinary or Inhumans yet?

So other than mutant liaison between mutants and inhumans, why is Beast really with the Inhumans? Has that been covered yet in any comic, extraordinary or Inhumans yet?

Covered in Uncanny Inhumans, yes. IIRC he is there to study the terrigen cloud and M-Pox, hoping to find a cure.

Also though, probably because he's a terrible person and neither the Avengers nor the X-Men want anything to do with him anymore ;p

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone read Vote Loki #1? It was pretty funny. I'm curious to see where it's going.

I liked it, but didn't love it. It could be so clever, but I feel like the creative team isn't quite up to making it an A+ book.

Also, I haven't seen anyone talking about Marvel's Timely Comics collections. 3 issues, $2.99. It's a great deal, so you have no excuse to avoid Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (among others).

Covered in Uncanny Inhumans, yes. IIRC he is there to study the terrigen cloud and M-Pox, hoping to find a cure.

Also though, probably because he's a terrible person and neither the Avengers nor the X-Men want anything to do with him anymore ;p

They don't mention the latter, but yeah he's not even a liaison. Just there to study terrigen and M-Pox with Iso. Also he has anti-time-alteration tech.

Danke. Bolded for truth.

They don't mention the latter, but yeah he's not even a liaison. Just there to study terrigen and M-Pox with Iso. Also he has anti-time-alteration tech.

To prevent people from changing the past?

To prevent people from changing the past?
Because he's fucked with time so much, he basically developed a "sense" for when tie is being altered, which I equated to basically getting sick enough times to the point where you can tell when you're body is sick earlier than you normally would. Thus, he developed a shield that he can use to create a personal bubble that prevents alterations from affecting the space along with anything/anyone in that bubble.

Because he's fucked with time so much, he basically developed a "sense" for when tie is being altered, which I equated to basically getting sick enough times to the point where you can tell when you're body is sick earlier than you normally would. Thus, he developed a shield that he can use to create a personal bubble that prevents alterations from affecting the space along with anything/anyone in that bubble.

Interesting, given the recent events of All New X-Men.

Spoilers I guess:
Hank is his own worst enemy! But I'm guessing nothing gets changed then.

Interesting, given the recent events of All New X-Men.

Spoilers I guess:
Hank is his own worst enemy! But I'm guessing nothing gets changed then.

Now that you mention it, that is really interesting. He's becoming more like the current Hank, even though like most of the O5, he didn't want to.

It makes sense that Hank would be the most vulnerable of them all to that happening. He has always been supremely arrogant when it comes to his own smarts, believing his every decision to be the most logical and pragmatic choice for whatever situation he's in. He'd be the most resistant of all of them to engage in honest self-reflection.

It makes sense that Hank would be the most vulnerable of them all to that happening. He has always been supremely arrogant when it comes to his own smarts, believing his every decision to be the most logical and pragmatic choice for whatever situation he's in. He'd be the most resistant of all of them to engage in honest self-reflection.

It's funny though, because over the course of the run he's mentioned that he always feels one step behind and constantly out of date in his methods and tactics. In fact, it's the prime reason
he wants to go back. He blames himself for everything bad that's been happening to them since the start of the book. As a result, he's becoming more like his present self because he's messing with the same shit he did before. His intentions are even the same! Or at least, similar.

Holy shit, I think that's the most brilliant arc that's occurred since the O5 became a thing. My god what have we stumbled upon?

It's funny though, because over the course of the run he's mentioned that he always feels one step behind and constantly out of date in his methods and tactics. In fact, it's the prime reason
he wants to go back. He blames himself for everything bad that's been happening to them since the start of the book. As a result, he's becoming more like his present self because he's messing with the same shit he did before. His intentions are even the same!

Holy shit, I think that's the most brilliant arc that's occurred since the O5 became a thing. My god what have we stumbled upon?

Indeed. Well-observed, gentlemen.

So far beast has:

Taken a verbal lashing from The Watcher.

The end of Uncanny, him driving off.

Also keep in mind in Eva's weird future, she fights some Mega Beast thing. Wonder if it's a slow build up to show the slow folly of Hank McCoy.

PsychBat!

Banned
So far beast has:

Taken a verbal lashing from The Watcher.

The end of Uncanny, him driving off.

Also keep in mind in Eva's weird future, she fights some Mega Beast thing. Wonder if it's a slow build up to show the slow folly of Hank McCoy.

Have you read New Avengers by Jonathan Hickman?

Top Bottom