• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Btw Echo Ultron is coming out soon in Marvel Heroes, time to give it a whirl

Btw Echo Ultron is coming out soon in Marvel Heroes, time to give it a whirl

wCd2hQx.gif

YAS

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh yeah, didn't Black Bolt drop on there? I mean to play, but I keep not playing.

Hes coming this year (part of the advance pack) but not yet.

Ultron, Blackbolt, Nick Fury, Beast and Angela left. They released Green Goblin and Elektra this year (and Black Cat but that was a 2015 delay)

Rhaknar

Much much worse than BvS. Both felt disjointed, but at least BvS tried to do something interesting.

And Lex>>>Ultron, as far as villains go.

Ok...err...Snyder

I forget who the Superman actor is :(

Edit: Echo go to the hospital damn it >_<

Rhaknar

lol

In my defense I have had a tube coming out of my eye for like a month and a half now. I've gotten used to it. It's just...now there's a big loop in it.

It's freaking my wife out sooooo badly

No more eye talk before I have to put you on ignore >_<

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Much much worse than BvS. Both felt disjointed, but at least BvS tried to do something interesting.

And Lex>>>Ultron, as far as villains go.

I sort of forgot you were captain of the BVS defense force. You did a good job in that thread trying to keep people from drive by crapping on it. I still thing you're super wrong, but I respect it.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Super-Skrull's Annihilation mini-series was better than Ronan's but not nearly as good as Nova's.

Now it's time for Silver Surfer. His will probably be the worst of them all because well it's the Silver Surfer.

BSherrod

Just finished Zero Year, this run is delivering for me. All the issues just seem so solid and I can't wait to finish this run. Also snuck in Som of M and Silent War, pretty good books I think. Inhumans are starting to become more and more interesting to me, heard the new books on ANAD are good so that gives me something to look forward to.

Think I'll hop back on my quest to get current on X-Men now, started with Morrison and I've made it up to Messiah Complex.

Super-Skrull's Annihilation mini-series was better than Ronan's but not nearly as good as Nova's.

Now it's time for Silver Surfer. His will probably be the worst of them all because well it's the Silver Surfer.

I actually think the Silver Surfer one was pretty decent. Not great. Nova was great. This is where the Richard Rider mega-love started and there's a reason. Super-Skrull was ehhh and Ronan was garbage.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I actually think the Silver Surfer one was pretty decent. Not great. Nova was great. This is where the Richard Rider mega-love started and there's a reason. Super-Skrull was ehhh and Ronan was garbage.

I'm sure it will be fine. I'm just crapping on Surfer for no real reason at all.

Just finished Zero Year, this run is delivering for me. All the issues just seem so solid and I can't wait to finish this run. Also snuck in Som of M and Silent War, pretty good books I think. Inhumans are starting to become more and more interesting to me, heard the new books on ANAD are good so that gives me something to look forward to.
Son of M and Silent War are both good, but Silent War was a bit disappointing for me. The ANAD books are pretty good. Karnak and Uncanny are the better of the three. All-New is solid, though.

BSherrod

Son of M and Silent War are both good, but Silent War was a bit disappointing for me. The ANAD books are pretty good. Karnak and Uncanny are the better of the three. All-New is solid, though.

Silent War felt like it wanted to be a big book with big stakes, but they had to keep it self contained to being a miniseries. The "war" was really a few squabbles up until the end. I guess for Inhumans next I do Secret Invasion: Inhumans. I liked the original miniseries so hopefully this tie-in is dope.

Silent War felt like it wanted to be a big book with big stakes, but they had to keep it self contained to being a miniseries. The "war" was really a few squabbles up until the end. I guess for Inhumans next I do Secret Invasion: Inhumans. I liked the original miniseries so hopefully this tie-in is dope.

Yeah. Here are my reviews of all three:

Decimation: Son of M
Silent War
Secret Invasion: Inhumans

Just in case you wanted to read any other opinions on them. They're lengthy.

Nice, thanks. I've enjoyed your reviews before. You index these anywhere?

Recently I started bookmarking them. For awhile I just typed them up and then whatevs. Then I realized I may need to reference back to them, so I started bookmarking them. At least since I started typing up my long ones, which started with X-Force Vol. 1. There's a couple I haven't bookmarked yet. I have to go back and find them.

Recently I started bookmarking them. For awhile I just typed them up and then whatevs. Then I realized I may need to reference back to them, so I started bookmarking them. At least since I started typing up my long ones, which started with X-Force Vol. 1. There's a couple I haven't bookmarked yet. I have to go back and find them.

You really should, they are an important part of comicgaf. There should be a list somewhere.

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Pink #1
This was actually super dope. Getting Buffy vibes. Also, did DiNiculo do Black Canary art? I swear I've seen it somewhere before. The action felt like Black Canary. Oh well, really good. Boom! killing it with Power Rangers
You really should, they are an important part of comicgaf. There should be a list somewhere.

I found a bunch. I keep realizing that I forgot to write up my full review of the JSA Omnibus Vol. 1 way way back when I read that. Now I can't because it's been too long. Sadness.

Rebirth Rankings!

Green Arrow>Titans>Batman>Superman>Green Lanterns

Green Arrow: I am still mystified that this is the same writer as the last few arcs I've read of Green Arrow. I was the biggest Percy hater coming into Rebirth but so far he has really completely changed my mind.

Titans: This is kind of what I thought all the Rebirth issues were going to be. Showing some effect of the main Rebirth book and transitioning to a new status quo. It being so easy for the team because of speed force seems cheap after he had trouble the whole time in Rebirth, but it was still a great read and makes me look forward to the book going forward.

Batman: Action wise I really loved this issue. The goodbye stuff just felt super weird to me though. This Batman is just back, this is issue number 1, we just went through the parents being happy thing in Batman 52. All of that just seemed super weird to go to in issue one.

Superman: I wanted more of Jon, but not so much in Superman... I'm more interested in that conversation that went on between the Trinity. I was happy with the issue, but bummed it was at the expense of Supes.

Green Lanterns: Ehhh, I liked it and I'm still in it, but I'm just not sure it's for me. I like what I read but at the end of it I'm just not sure I want to read it. I know nothing about the characters and really not much about Green Lanterns so I just don't know if this is the place to start. I'll stick around and see how I feel going forward.

I sort of forgot you were captain of the BVS defense force. You did a good job in that thread trying to keep people from drive by crapping on it. I still thing you're super wrong, but I respect it.

ha ha

I kinda regret it now, tbh. I still love the movie, and I enjoy talking about it, but trying to maintain a decent discussion isn't my job, it's the mods'. If they don't want to, or think the constant shitposting is fine, then it's better to just tap out. I ain't getting paid for that :p

Always expect only good discussions from Poodle.

<3

Rebirth Rankings!

Green Arrow>Titans>Batman>Superman>Green Lanterns

Green Arrow: I am still mystified that this is the same writer as the last few arcs I've read of Green Arrow. I was the biggest Percy hater coming into Rebirth but so far he has really completely changed my mind.

Titans: This is kind of what I thought all the Rebirth issues were going to be. Showing some effect of the main Rebirth book and transitioning to a new status quo. It being so easy for the team because of speed force seems cheap after he had trouble the whole time in Rebirth, but it was still a great read and makes me look forward to the book going forward.

Batman: Action wise I really loved this issue. The goodbye stuff just felt super weird to me though. This Batman is just back, this is issue number 1, we just went through the parents being happy thing in Batman 52. All of that just seemed super weird to go to in issue one.

Superman: I wanted more of Jon, but not so much in Superman... I'm more interested in that conversation that went on between the Trinity. I was happy with the issue, but bummed it was at the expense of Supes.

Green Lanterns: Ehhh, I liked it and I'm still in it, but I'm just not sure it's for me. I like what I read but at the end of it I'm just not sure I want to read it. I know nothing about the characters and really not much about Green Lanterns so I just don't know if this is the place to start. I'll stick around and see how I feel going forward.

I actually got a little emotional during the goodbye/parents stuff in Batman. It's such an obviously deliberate hook, but dammit, it was pretty well done.

I actually got a little emotional during the goodbye/parents stuff in Batman. It's such an obviously deliberate hook, but dammit, it was pretty well done.

I really liked the stuff about leaving stuff for the family and suggesting Duke go to Dick, but the parents stuff felt so weird after issue 52. We just had this conversation...

gabbo

Has anyone read the Aquaman Rebirth? I'm a fence sitter of the highest order for that guy since he got his hand back.

Top Bottom