• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Vibranium

Banned
So I just realized that Majorie Liu is writing Han Solo so I had to add it to my pull list. It was fun, she writes Leia great and moves the plot along well.

I'm happy she is doing something for Marvel again. Would love to see her write another superhero too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cable: "you I don't know"
Synapse: "I hack brains"
Cable: "well we can't all be winners"

262b633aa2e4c386af3d875b637028b0.320x206x38.gif

Any one know where I can get some good comic posters? A lot of these are garbage.

It seems like a lot of online retailers are phasing them out. I still see them at local comic shops sometimes, though. Even when you find a nice piece, they (usually Marvel) will sometimes ruin it by slappig a big logo over some nice art. Personally, I've moved on to art prints. Though they're more expensive and sometimes tricky to get due to limited print runs, they're nicer and much better quality. Secret Panel has a nice assortment, though not a huge selection. Other than that, I would keep an eye on Bottleneck gallery and Mondo to keep informed of any upcoming releases that catch your eye. There isn't a constant stream of comic prints on most sites, but they do pop up.

It seems like a lot of online retailers are phasing them out. I still see them at local comic shops sometimes, though. Even when you find a nice piece, they (usually Marvel) will sometimes ruin it by slappig a big logo over some nice art. Personally, I've moved on to art prints. Though they're more expensive and sometimes tricky to get due to limited print runs, they're nicer and much better quality. Secret Panel has a nice assortment, though not a huge selection. Other than that, I would keep an eye on Bottleneck gallery and Mondo to keep informed of any upcoming releases that catch your eye. There isn't a constant stream of comic prints on most sites, but they do pop up.

I dig this Revival one:

I can only imagine the second hand prices.

Probably not too bad for these, but some prints I've seen.... Can go for between $400-$1000 on the aftermarket. The key is to get them before they sell out.

Too rich for my blood.

I still have a bunch of movie posters I got from my cinema job that I never hung up either. I have two of the big banner things from Age of Ultron that are bigger than any wall in my flat. An Iron Man and a Nick Fury. We had about a dozen and raffled them off but two were never collected so I took them home. I had Samuel L Jackson looking out from my balcony window for awhile but I took it down.

The only one I have hanging is the signed DBZ one (Chris Sabat and Sean Schemmel) I got as a Thank You from Manga Entertainment UK for organising the Resurrection of F screenings for Ireland. I meant to hang the IMAX Preview ones from Batman v Superman as well at some point, but I also have a big Wonder Woman one so I might just go with that. And I got a Warcraft one this week but that is a birthday present for a friend who is a massive WoW geek and has wanted stuff for his new man cave.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm going to pick up Lazarus in the CMX sale but should I buy the single issues of the TP? Any extra content in either?

The singles have all the family profiles that line the sides of the back matter. Not sure they if they are in the TPB's.

According to Amazon the TPB comes with a 4 page short story that was only available online up to that point.

Wish I could be more help but I've only read the singles.

The Uncanny Avengers #8
Only reason I read this was to fully complete the Standoff order (I know right? Taking me forever), but this was pretty good. Writing was solid and it appears Stegman's art greatly improved since the first issue. Also Wade dealing some hard ether to Tony was pretty sick.

Tizoc

Batman #1
u wot m8?

Transformers: Til all are one #1
Hey a murder mystery and Starscream's ruling party is suspect. All in all a nice issue.

Sandfox

The Uncanny Avengers #8
Only reason I read this was to fully complete the Standoff order (I know right? Taking me forever), but this was pretty good. Writing was solid and it appears Stegman's art greatly improved since the first issue. Also Wade dealing some hard ether to Tony was pretty sick.

I started reading the book again around then and it's trending up IMO.

The singles have all the family profiles that line the sides of the back matter. Not sure they if they are in the TPB's.

According to Amazon the TPB comes with a 4 page short story that was only available online up to that point.

Wish I could be more help but I've only read the singles.

Thanks. I think I'll pick up the singles. I prefer my digital comics in singles form anyway.

I'm loving the turtles comics so far. I'm up to the Donatello mini issue and im loving the art and story. Thank you to everyone who recommended it

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Thanks. I think I'll pick up the singles. I prefer my digital comics in singles form anyway.

Yeah I only buy singles.

Also I found the 4 page prequel.

http://imagecomics.tumblr.com/post/45444663859/ruckawriter-family-prelude-this-is-the

I'm loving the turtles comics so far. I'm up to the Donatello mini issue and im loving the art and story. Thank you to everyone who recommended it

Yeah it's very well done. I'm going to have to start it back up some time even though the jerks don't offer downloadable back ups.

tim1138

So are Fabok, Reis, or Frank working on anything for DC Rebirth? I can't recall but I sure hope so.

Reis hasn't been announced for anything. Fabok is taking a break and said he's only going to do smaller projects going forward as Darkseid War broke him (he worked 14 hours a day, 7 days a week for the month of April to draw JL 50). Frank is currently working on volume 3 of Batman Earth 1.

Tyrant (or anyone else who owns the volumes), are you able to post images of the table of contents for Locas volumes 3,4 and 5 trades? [Perla la Loca, Penny Century and Esperanza]

Would anybody recommend reading No Man's Land? I haven't heard it getting praised a lot.
I love NML. Of all the mega batman crossovers it's easily my favorite. Now it's not perfect. Given that it's a year long and took over all books not all the art is consistent. You have to just go with the premise that the other heroes would just set back (they try to address this some...). But the result was a great concept that generated some amazing story arcs within this crazy setting.

Tyrant (or anyone else who owns the volumes), are you able to post images of the table of contents for Locas volumes 3,4 and 5 trades? [Perla la Loca, Penny Century and Esperanza]

Perla la Loca

Penny Century

Esperanza

Need to read more... I'm on Angelitas in Perla la Loca right now. I might read some tonight or tomorrow at least.

How long does HamiltonBook take to ship things by the way? I got my shipping notification on the 13th and haven't gotten my book yet. Their tracking info doesn't update till it gets to the local USPS Center so I have no clue where it is.

shingi70

Banned
GA is back!
GOTH_AC_SS_Cv1.jpg

Raven getting a six issue mini series by Wolfman.

RAVEN_Cv1.jpg

Interesting that they seem to be deaging her to make her more in line with the animated movie.

VanWinkle

Reis hasn't been announced for anything. Fabok is taking a break and said he's only going to do smaller projects going forward as Darkseid War broke him (he worked 14 hours a day, 7 days a week for the month of April to draw JL 50). Frank is currently working on volume 3 of Batman Earth 1.

Sad to hear. I mean I'm definitely looking forward to Batman Earth One, but these are some of DC's top artists and it's sad they aren't doing any ongoings right now.

Wonder what Clay Mann is going to work on since he was announced as DC exclusive. Poison Ivy miniseries is done, so.

Perla la Loca
Penny Century
Esperanza
Need to read more... I'm on Angelitas in Perla la Loca right now. I might read some tonight or tomorrow at least.

Thank you. I had v1 and v2 to start with but I bought the two oversized hardcovers after that. Those don't have some of the smaller stories. Wanted to create a cross-reference of what's missing so that I can come back to those later.

Now if I can only find the Palomar hardcover for a decent price.

How long does HamiltonBook take to ship things by the way? I got my shipping notification on the 13th and haven't gotten my book yet. Their tracking info doesn't update till it gets to the local USPS Center so I have no clue where it is.

Took about 6-7 days after they sent me the shipping email.

tim1138

Sad to hear. I mean I'm definitely looking forward to Batman Earth One, but these are some of DC's top artists and it's sad they aren't doing any ongoings right now.

Wonder what Clay Mann is going to work on since he was announced as DC exclusive. Poison Ivy miniseries is done, so.

I'm sure Reis and Fabok have books lined up for the second wave of Rebirth titles. Frank hasn't been a monthly artist in a long time, I wouldn't get your hopes up expecting to see him drawing JSA or something 12 times a year.

Top Bottom