• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

TheFlow

Banned
Batman #12

It is always nice to read an issue not focused on the bat but the people of Gotham. This is my first introduction to the famous Harper Row but I like her.

also why is the art so rough on this book coming off of Court of owls.

4/5

next up is Death of the family

please let's stay on topic :p

I believe I did until you went full shit post mode. I got everything from the "lol k" at my opinion to some bullshit about you needing to explain stuff to me like I'm a child. The kicker was, "The critics agree, you're wrong!" which is laughable on so many levels I don't even know where to begin.

You also flat out lied and said I hated all the Rebirth books, when I'm going crazy on full praise mode of Green Arrow. Whatever suits your case, eh?

I felt the book was pointless filler with good art. The story went nowhere. I stated I'll give the next issue a chance in case this was marred by being a collaborative effort. You've not made a single convincing case to sway me off any of those beliefs. Even more so if this story doesn't tie into King's ongoing. It's a whatever throwaway issue. Glad you enjoyed it. Who cares? Opinions.

have, we've all been the asshole poster guy in this thread from time to time. Hell, you've done it yourself tragicomedy, and I know I've been

Now its The Flow's chance to shine. Let him do him for a bit.

This is a surprisingly accurate assessment. I'm done, he can get his rocked off on his supposed DC superiority complex.

JTripper

what's everyone thoughts on "death of the family"

My favorite Snyder/Capullo arc tbh. I thought it treated the Batman/Joker relationship in a really cool and scary way and I for one love the conclusion which seems to be the most criticized part of that arc.

TheFlow

Banned
I believe I did until you went full shit post mode. I got everything from the "lol k" at my opinion to some bullshit about you needing to explain stuff to me like I'm a child. The kicker was, "The critics agree, you're wrong!" which is laughable on so many levels I don't even know where to begin.

You also flat out lied and said I hated all the Rebirth books, when I'm going crazy on full praise mode of Green Arrow. Whatever suits your case, eh?

I felt the book was pointless filler with good art. The story went nowhere. I stated I'll give the next issue a chance in case this was marred by being a collaborative effort. You've not made a single convincing case to sway me off any of those beliefs. Even more so if this story doesn't tie into King's ongoing. It's a whatever throwaway issue. Glad you enjoyed it. Who cares? Opinions.

This is a surprisingly accurate assessment. I'm done, he can get his rocked off on his supposed DC superiority complex.
are you done or you finished :p

My favorite Snyder/Capullo arc tbh. I thought it treated the Batman/Joker relationship in a really cool and scary way and I for one love the conclusion which seems to be the most criticized part of that arc.
I will tell yah what I think of the arc tomorrow. Wanna take my time on this.

don't add fuel to the fire. expect better from you :p

Have you tried not posting stupid things in the future, TheFlow? Maybe then you wouldn't get hate for posting stupid things all the time, and people wont call you names because of said stupid things.

Being an internet dick is healthy to your anonymous internet ego. The minute you start taking this shit seriously, you have problems. Been there and done that. Never again.

TheFlow

Banned
Have you tried not posting stupid things in the future, TheFlow? Maybe then you wouldn't get hate for posting stupid things all the time, and people wont call you names because of said stupid things.

we all say stupid things but this is getting out of hand. I thought the conversation ended two pages ago

Clearly I was wrong, nobody in here is getting defensive about Rebirth
nobody is defending rebirth here.

PsychBat!

Banned
Come on Flow. Your post about being on topic? Have you been here? We've just had Overwatch discussion in the previous thread. It's obvious that people can talk about whatever they want.

TheFlow

Banned
Come on Flow. Your post about being on topic? Have you been here? We've just had Overwatch discussion in the previous thread. It's obvious that people can talk about whatever they want.

is this what you are upset about? or this about me messing with tragic lol

By on topic, what he means is to stop pointing out his childish behavior. He's correct he didn't respond until I quoted him. You know, the post where I asked him to explain his scale where 3/5 qualified as "fucking amazing."

His response was to call me a clown. Nice! Obviously struck a nerve if he feels like it's okay to insult me multiple times over my dislike of a comic book.

Zombine

Banned
baby%2Btoss.jpg

Red skull is what's happening right now, comics are the baby.

JTripper

Read a few of today's Rebirth issues.

Batman: Solid as expected, with good art by Janin. I'm not a fan of Finch but we'll see what he does during the upcoming run. Hopefully it's halfway decent and could be carried by King's script. I liked this take on Calendar Man too, so it'll be cool to see him pop up in the future whenever he does.

Superman: It was fine. I stopped reading New 52 Superman right after Johns and Romita started on it and never caught up. This issue was fine. It really was just setting up this "new" Superman. Probably won't pick up the series as it goes on unless I hear great things.

Green Arrow: This was very good. Great dialogue and character moments between Olly and Dinah and the art was very fitting. Curious to see where the story goes too since it's setup pretty well and quickly. I'll keep my eyes open for this series since I don't have Green Arrow on my pull list.

TheFlow

Banned
By on topic, what he means is to stop pointing out his childish behavior. He's correct he didn't respond until I quoted him. You know, the post where I asked him to explain his scale where 3/5 qualified as "fucking amazing."

His response was to call me a clown. Nice!
You misread my post, never said 3/5 qualified as amazing or anything like that.

call you a clown because of what you are doing now

PsychBat!

Banned
is this what you are upset about? or this about me messing with tragic lol
lol where did I say I was upset? I just found your on topic post very very weird and out of place.

The tragic thing tho? I'm just pointing out how that discussion is going.

TheFlow

Banned
lol where did I say I was upset? I just found your on topic post very very weird and out of place.

The tragic thing tho? I'm just pointing out how that discussion is going.
like overwatch ayyyye lmao

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles CMX sale is up.

Wow, that's a lot of stuff. I think I am going to pick up the Archie collections and some of the minis I have missed.
I have been talking about this sale for almost two weeks! finally!

I am issue #31 on TMNT so I gotta buy the rest along with all the micro series.

I hope transformers gets a sale like this too

Nooooo. IST's indefinite 45% off on DC/Marvel offer has ended. Standard discount down to 42% now.

:( This is how it must be like for our non-USA brethren.

PsychBat!

Banned
I swear to God y'all aren't happy unless you're pissing each other off.

Hey where did we go days when the rains came?

Down in the hollow playing a new game, laughing and a-running hey hey

skipping and a-jumping in the misty morning fog with our, our hearts a-thumping

and you, my brown-eyed girl

YOU, MY BROWN-EYED GIRL

D.Va sucks, and anyone who uses her is a liability to your team. You see a D.Va on the other team, breathe a sigh of relief cuz you about to get another W.

Top Bottom