• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Messi

well since I shared the other day might aswell share the rest. just got the news that they cant do anything and I have to put my dog down. Taking it a little harder than I expected, I thought I was ready for the news but I guess there was that hope in the back of my mind. Ill see you guys later

I am very sorry to hear that :(

well since I shared the other day might aswell share the rest. just got the news that they cant do anything and I have to put my dog down. Taking it a little harder than I expected, I thought I was ready for the news but I guess there was that hope in the back of my mind. Ill see you guys later

No!! :(

I have been there a couple of times. It is always going to be some of the hardest shit you will ever go through in your life, you really can't be ready for it. I am so sorry Rhak.

Fuck I'm crying now

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

i'm sorry, my dude. that must be really tough.

i know how pups are part of the family.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

I'm so sorry, Rhak.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Just got a bunch of books in from Amazon:

nice pick ups

this actually reminds me - anyone got suggestions for recently finished, female-led books? preferably cape books but i'm open to anything.

finger it hovering over 'buy' for all of Rachel Rising but i'm still torn.

does the lady-Thor stuff have a nice endpoint at the end of the Secret Wars reboot or should i keep waiting til Aaron is truly done with the run?

Messi

nice pick ups

this actually reminds me - anyone got suggestions for recently finished, female-led books? preferably cape books but i'm open to anything.

does the lady-Thor stuff have a nice endpoint at the end of the Secret Wars reboot or should i keep waiting til Aaron is truly done with the run?

Buy Rachel Rising

No Thor hasn't had and ending. She us back and just as cool post Secret Wars.

Owzers

nice pick ups

Is Rachel Rising on sale somewhere? I have read up to issue 39 and it's pretttttttttttttty good.

Is all DC renumbering for Rebirth or only certain books? I want to read some Suicide Squad but from what I heard New 52 Squad isn't great and a restart would be a good jumping on point.

Ross61

Is all DC renumbering for Rebirth or only certain books? I want to read some Suicide Squad but from what I heard New 52 Squad isn't great and a restart would be a good jumping on point.

I'd just start with Rebirth. The only run I've seen praised was the Ales Kot one.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I feel bad for local comic book shops but there's no way in hell I'm paying $21.40 dollars for one trade when I can pay $10 in IST.

tim1138

So sorry man, no matter how prepared you think you are, that's never easy.

tim1138

New 52 Squad is a dumpster fire. Get the John Ostrander run trades or wait until Rebirth and see how it shakes out. But really get the John Ostrander run trades.

JTripper

Caught up with a few comics.

Batman #1 was iight. King's got serious potential but the cover art and previews already ruined any sense of danger or tension I had reading the comic (welcome to comics I guess), but I like the beginning and I'm excited to see where this goes. I guess the point King was trying to get across was not if Batman could or could not overcome the "obstacle", but the lengths he would go to to do whatever any set goal requires of him, which might or might not be what this "Gotham" duo is missing.

Detective #934(?) was great. It's mostly set-up but I loved how Batman and Batwoman were depicted as equals working alongside each other rather than Batman being the big boss all the time. The dialogue is great, especially Batwoman's and the scene with Clayface. I also think this take of Clayface is super cool and the team they set up is amazing and I can't wait to see them interact going forward. This is probably my most anticipated Rebirth series going forward as of now.

I also read the first few pages of TDKR: Last Crusade and I was surprised at how well it's set up so far. I'm not a huge fan of Romita Jr. but his art is very fitting for a Dark Knight Returns story. It wastes no time so far and the dialogue is right to the point with minimal fluff. I'm excited to continue it.

I'm halfway through the second Goon library edition and now I'm getting worried about finishing volume 3. I don't want to wait until October. Maybe I'll just buy the rest of the series in tpb and upgrade as the library editions release.

I read saga, but wait for the tpbs. I hope there isn't a quality decline coming up.

Just read vol 1-3 of D&D. Pretty decent. Good amount of humor without feeling silly. I hope this is the run / group that is involved in the Infestation 2 I've been waiting to read. This Baldurs Gate book seems decent so far as well.

Also I'm really sorry to hear your news, Rhaknar!

I read saga, but wait for the tpbs. I hope there isn't a quality decline coming up.

There's always usually (just remembered that Invincible is a thing) a quality decline if you read a series long enough. The best outcomes are often when a series is all planned out from the word go as opposed to an ongoing that will end as soon as sales drop too low.

Just read vol 1-3 of D&D. Pretty decent. Good amount of humor without feeling silly. I hope this is the run / group that is involved in the Infestation 2 I've been waiting to read. This Baldurs Gate book seems decent so far as well.

That's an Eberron book, so completely different setting, but you should still read it because it's Eberron and thus the best of D&D (it's my favourite setting). There is an annual that follows on from it as well.

Messi

Also I'm really sorry to hear your news, Rhaknar!

There is no quality drop. Just people being used to what they are reading.

Sorry to hear that, Rhaknar. I know how it feels :(
nice pick ups

Buy Rachel Rising. It's really good. I need to read the last three issues still but the rest of the series is so good.

Vibranium

Banned
Green Arrow is legit, I can confirm this. Way better than whatever Arrow is these days. It's so great to see left-wing rebel Ollie again, so many writers ignore this part of his character or mess it up.

By the way Rhaknar, sorry to hear about your dog.

kmfdmpig

nice pick ups

Starfire was not the most ambitious book, but it was consistently worth reading.

What if
they end up running out of food and eat Ghus?
( issue 36ish spoiler)

5j7kPDO.jpg

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
New 52 Squad is a dumpster fire. Get the John Ostrander run trades or wait until Rebirth and see how it shakes out. But really get the John Ostrander run trades.

The original New 52 Suicide Squad was fine for the first few trades. Then it got derailed by Forever Evil and has never recovered.

Top Bottom