• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Messi

Comixology has had All Star Batman listed for $4.99 for a couple of weeks now. And naturally, it's listed under the Rebirth section, because it's a damn Rebirth book that was announced during the DC Rebirth announcement. DiDio and Lee brought Snyder out with the Rebirth Bat family panel. I wonder how many more times I can work Rebirth into this paragraph. Rebirth!

Long story, short: DC went all in on the $2.99 game, but it's purely marketing bullshit. They've had more expensive books dropping every week since Rebirth began. There will continue to be $4, $5, and even $6 DC books coming out.

To be fair these books that are also coming out are the books that are still running from new 52 and are ending. Those and Scooby.

To be fair these books that are also coming out are the books that are still running from new 52 and are ending. Those and Scooby.

This last week, they had nine books at $2.99, and six at $3.99 or higher. That includes the $6.99 Dark Knight Returns one-shot. But you're correct in that All Star will probably be our first Rebirth book higher than $2.99, if you ignore the wild pricing of the DC Rebirth second printing.

When do these ongoing New 52 books end? Seems like a few don't have an end in sight.

And none of them will be as good as Invincible.

Amen.

Messi

This last week, they had nine books at $2.99, and six at $3.99 or higher. That includes the $6.99 Dark Knight Returns one-shot. But you're correct in that All Star will probably be our first Rebirth book higher than $2.99, if you ignore the wild pricing of the DC Rebirth second printing.

When do these ongoing New 52 books end? Seems like a few don't have an end in sight.

Amen.

I think some of them run into August/September. Others are just finishing the 12 issue run.

Vertigo was never included in the rebirth stuff so those books are 3.99 and will continue to be under the new banner. Hanna Barbera stuff too. Rebirth is a rolling relaunch of sorts. I'd say by November the changeover will be done or close to.

Vyer

Same, I always assumed it was a prestige title and would have a higher price point. Especially since it's going to have those backup stories by Declan Shalvey in each issue. The solicit for the first issue also says it's 40 pages, so it's oversized to boot.

Yup

I think some of them run into August/September. Others are just finishing the 12 issue run.

Vertigo was never included in the rebirth stuff so those books are 3.99 and will continue to be under the new banner. Hanna Barbera stuff too. Rebirth is a rolling relaunch of sorts. I'd say by November the changeover will be done or close to.

That's fair, I suppose my beef is with All Star, but that will be easily ignored at that price range until it hits a Comixology sale.

Judging everyone not in favor of Peter x MJ

Peter x Black Cat is the only other acceptable choice if they can't be together

Peter x MJ is the only thing that makes sense cuz they got waaaay too much history, and every excuse they have for them NOT being together is always trash. And every love interest afterward is destined to be viewed as "not MJ" forever.

KNx9PYo.jpg
PrLoiOa.jpg

Black CatxSpidey is sexy in that rule-breaking way, but ultimately their morals are opposed to each other and their personal lives will never intermingle for a long-running relationship to work.

Messi

That's fair, I suppose my beef is with All Star, but that will be easily ignored at that price range until it hits a Comixology sale.

I am all for waiting if the cost is too high. I will wait for reviews and maybe still wait for a trade because if it ends up being great that will make for an awesome hardcover.

--

MJ and Peter should be together. The way its set up now is fustrating and pointless. If that is the other option I would rather they be together. But I also ship Peter and Black Cat

Every scene Peter and MJ have together is shit now because the writer - usually Slott - always seems to feel like they have to play up why they aren't together. It's fucking annoying.

Peter x MJ is the only thing that makes sense cuz they got waaaay too much history, and every excuse they have for them NOT being together is always trash. And every love interest afterward is destined to be viewed as "not MJ" forever.

I always liked that both survivors of the same awful shit. Gwen died, Harry went crazy then died, Jean DeWolf died, Ned Leeds died, Kraven's hunt, clones, alien costumes, etc, etc. They both emerged, not unscathed, but together.

mreddie

Probably because of Dan Slott.

Will we see a new Spidey writer in 2017? Time will tell.

Likely, I get the feeling Slott's days are numbered and once the MCU Spidey comes, someone will strip Spidey of the Parker Industries bullshit and and place him back as a common man superhero. Maybe MJ and Peter will get back together and start fresh, no marriage until JQ is out.

MC Safety

DC is doing reworkings of Scooby Doo and Wacky Races, among others. Has anyone read the first issues for these comics?

I'm intrigued by the two titles listed above. Giffen and DeMatteis are writing Scooby Doo, and while I generally like their collaborations, some of their stuff (including their work on Marvel's Defenders) was godawful.

Messi

Just read the
Kaiju/Pacific Rim parody issue
of New Avengers.

WAT

DC is doing reworkings of Scooby Doo and Wacky Races, among others. Has anyone read the first issues for these comics?

I'm intrigued by the two titles listed above. Giffen and DeMatteis are writing Scooby Doo, and while I generally like their collaborations, some of their stuff (including their work on Marvel's Defenders) was godawful.

Both are off to good starts. 2 issues for Scooby, 1 for Wacky Racelands. I bet you wont believe what the wacky Raceland book is like. Art is really cool in Scoobys book.

Both are, freakishly, actually not bad? Scooby is the most Giffen-ass book I've read in a minute, all his tics on display, but still... Scooby & the gang in a B-movie monster apocalypse? Ton of fun. Still doing groundwork stuff though.

Wacky Raceland is a weird weird book. Weirder than Scooby. But I think I love it. Very strange beast.

Sandfox

I would argue that MJ is the problem with her relationship. She gave up on him and both of their responsibility, which is fair since it's her life too.

Marvel needs to bring focus back to Peter's personal life a bit like they did with BND.

Sandfox

I need Image/indie books starring young characters that aren't necessarily dark. Kinda like the current young marvel character books and Avengers Academy.

Messi

I need Image/indie books starring young characters that aren't necessarily dark. Kinda like the current young marvel character books and Avengers Academy.

Try Wayward. It's about a group of Teens in Japan with powers. Beautiful art and fun story.

Sandfox

Top Bottom