• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

squadr0n

Thor killing the Builder in Infinity was excellent.

I listened to an interview with Johnathan Hickman on the Word Balloon Podcast the other day and Infinity came up. Apparently Infinity was supposed to be alot better but editorial kept stepping in wanting to adjust things constantly last minute along with rushing him like crazy to get it out. Sounds like it was enough to piss Hickman off to the point where he wants to take a long break from writing super hero comics for Marvel, if he ever goes back at all. I guess DC was hitting him up alot lately too but after the horrible experiences at Marvel he doesn't want to hop right back into another mess like that again. Its such a shame that these awesome writers come in and deliever some of the best stuff Marvel has had and then as soon as their run is over they end up leaving for Image and never looking back. No wonder people like Brubaker and Remender havent been back.

On a side note, I just got my DC One Million Omnibus from Hamilton Books today!!! Afraid to open it up though after seeing what has been happening to some of the other omni's and their shitty bindings. Was about to order the Teen Titans and 52 omnis too but now I dont know. You would think DC would have fixed this problem by now, no wonder most of their books are still in print 3-4 years after release. How often does Hamilton Books get new stuff in stock? I just ordered the Sinestro Absolute, their prices on this stuff is amazing.

Owzers

I read Karnak #3 and 4 in an effort to blend in here and lower suspicions that i don't actually read comics. It's not that i think the book is awful, but when i read it i wonder why it exists and how it's going to be one of those " hey, remember that other Ellis Marvel book?" Karnak is kind of an asshole and chops people.

Vyer

Just came back from the vet :/

RIP Luffy, I wish you were as resilient as your name sake. I love you buddy, no more pain for you. I want to remember the good stuff but all im thinking of is the times I was an asshole cause he was a stubborn bastard on walks and shit (especially when he smelled food) and I would pull him a little harder or something, im sorry i wish I hadnt. And im sorry we didnt catch this sooner, it was all so sudden. Bye buddy. Renji and Ollie will miss you :(

Wont trouble you peeps with this anymore, just felt I had to close the book since you were the only people on gaf I shared this with.

Sorry for you loss Rhaknar :(

Snot Girl is gross. Like to the point where I don't care if that's the point or not, I still don't want to look at it. I'm surprised that not many other people seem to think that.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Snot Girl is gross. Like to the point where I don't care if that's the point or not, I still don't want to look at it. I'm surprised that not many other people seem to think that.

mfyfMhv.jpg

Are those horns or.

Conveniently-placed horns.

How is this book?

I like it a lot. It has some sad parts, but it's one of Remender's best.

Just came back from the vet :/

RIP Luffy, I wish you were as resilient as your name sake. I love you buddy, no more pain for you. I want to remember the good stuff but all im thinking of is the times I was an asshole cause he was a stubborn bastard on walks and shit (especially when he smelled food) and I would pull him a little harder or something, im sorry i wish I hadnt. And im sorry we didnt catch this sooner, it was all so sudden. Bye buddy. Renji and Ollie will miss you :(.

Sorry man, ComicGAF is here for you.

It's ok Freeza I care about Snot Girl.

The advance reviews have been great. CBR gave it 5-stars.

Games played: 560
Games won: 286

I'm Jericho :(

I would have been sick(er) of the game if I played that many matches.

I've got 196 matches won out of 372 matches played. Seems a little fishy how so many people are being kept near that 50% win ratio. I see what you did, Blizzard.

I realize now that Vote Loki upsets me so much more than it should because I lost Illuminati for that bullshit. I don't care if it's a false correlation, I'm blaming and I'm okay with it.

I realize now that Vote Loki upsets me so much more than it should because I lost Illuminati for that bullshit. I don't care if it's a false correlation, I'm blaming and I'm okay with it.

I didn't even read it. Once I heard it was a less-good version of Prez, I didn't feel the need any longer.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i fell off Fables once the Mr Dark stuff started... is it worth restarting and seeing it through to the end?

I cant believe that there is no Gonna Fly Now in Creed.

Creed feels really like a Rocky movie. Was a little bit afraid that it may be to different, but I really dig it until now.

in a year with new Avengers, Star Wars & Mad Max it is crazy that the new Rocky impressed me the most

Creed is the best arrrouuunnddd

That Loki aesthetic they're going with right now needs to die. Do a modern take on the classic or bring back lady Loki. Those are the only two options.

When do we do lists around here? Because it's Saturday, and I'm posting my damn list.

Action Comics #958
Archie #9
Detective Comics #935
Flash #1
She Wolf #1

Should I catch up with Autumnlands or Black Road?

See you in six months on Unlimited, Mr. $5 Marvel Civil War II, Electric Boogaloo, Choosing Sides.

Also, why is DC listing Justice League #52 as a Titans Rebirth prelude. Are they talking about the damn book that released last week? Because great timing!

Justice League #51 and #52 were swapped for scheduling reasons.

So...that ends up being very stupid. No bueno.

A TITANS: REBIRTH #1 prelude! Set shortly after the formation of the Justice League, Batman introduces his new partner Robin (Dick Grayson) to the team just as it’s pulled into a deadly assault on Metropolis by mysterious creatures. Outclassed and terrified, the Boy Wonder must use his wits and guile to survive. And in doing so, he catches the attention of a foe that will alter the course of his life forever. This story ties directly into TITANS: REBIRTH #1!

KevinCow

Banned
Okay so I'm reading Thors.

And there's a Groot Thor.

A Groot. Thor.

A Thor who is also a Groot.

A Groot who is also a Thor.

And he says, "I AM THOR!"

This is the best thing ever.

First IST haul.

Ordered it on a Sunday night and got it today (Saturday). I used the Fedex shipping for $2.75 more. All in all, great service!

Which state are you in? I've noticed FedEx doesn't really affect the time to pick the books and package them. And shipping times don't seem much different between FedEx and USPS for me. (I am in MI).

Owzers

while you guys were playing overwatch, i made my blackberry pie. Hope it was worth it for the sprays!

edit: Wait, you read comics? I didn't even know that was an option I thought they stopped making those.

I would suggest trying USPS a couple of times (the free option). USPS Media Mail is usually decent if you live close to a major city.

Sounds good, I'll definitely give media mail a try next time.

Messi plz

He's unreal man. I want Venezuela to win, so that USA can stand a chance, but I know that's not gonna happen... :(

DC changing their trade dress mid-run annoys me far too much.

Right!? I hope at least Vol 8 will follow Vol 7 as they're both part of the Darkseid war finale.

JTripper

Anyone read Dini's autobiographical Batman story that just released? How is it? I just ordered that and Batman Earth One vol 2 from IST.

Top Bottom