• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

It doesn't really matter on second thought lol.

JUL150642.jpg

frye

This may sound weird, but like as I've been reading X-Men stuff, I've come to think that Teen Titans are sort of DC's version. I mean, it's obviously not exactly the same, but they have the same kind of feeling of youngish people dealing with real problems and working as a team that doesn't get the respect that "normal" superheroes do. Maybe I'm way off base, lol, I don't know.

Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans was viewed as DC's attempt at Claremont X-Men once upon a time

but Teen Titans comics in the last 30 years

YsFaEJz.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
3926277-4557102464-36234.jpg

I say thee nay!

Great catchphrase or greatest catchphrase?

They're toying with me. It needs to happen. It's reasoning back in the day was very dumb, and though post that nonsense was good I believe none of that had to do with them doing the retcon. It was more about infusing creative talent and passion into the spidey line after OMD. Having Peter in any relationship that isn't MJ is just a waste of time. I'm never invested because it'll disappear in a year at best.

Harbinger is on sale. For those of you who like good comics (I know there's a few of you guys out there), it's quite good and quite cheap. I recommend getting the two Deluxe editions, and the Harbinger Wars trade. You don't need the deluxe for Harbinger Wars.

Oh, and Faith too. That's good.

MartyStu

Anyone read Vote Loki?

It seems fine. Not a huge fan of the artwork. I think I would have really enjoyed it more if I liked the style.

Thor killing the Builder in Infinity was excellent.
Even more hype tho
Fuck yeah
I actually looked those pages up when BK said that, thinking surely Thor gives the most soul-destroying catchphrase of them all in that moment, but he really doesn't :(

I mean, he just says "I care not," but in a super hype moment. Everything is being destroyed on all levels, and Thor doesn't give a fuck anymore. He just keeps beating the shit out of one of the Twins, repeatedly saying "I care not"
There's more to the fight building up to that, but it's just Thor repeatedly saying "I care not" while hitting the Twin before annihilating him in the portal.

MC Safety

Both are, freakishly, actually not bad? Scooby is the most Giffen-ass book I've read in a minute, all his tics on display, but still... Scooby & the gang in a B-movie monster apocalypse? Ton of fun. Still doing groundwork stuff though.

Wacky Raceland is a weird weird book. Weirder than Scooby. But I think I love it. Very strange beast.

Both are off to good starts. 2 issues for Scooby, 1 for Wacky Racelands. I bet you wont believe what the wacky Raceland book is like. Art is really cool in Scoobys book.

Thanks, guys. I guess I'll give the books a try.

I was a huge fan of Mystery, Incorporated and Wacky Races.

I mean, he just says "I care not," but in a super hype moment. Everything is being destroyed on all levels, and Thor doesn't give a fuck anymore. He just keeps beating the shit out of one of the Twins, repeatedly saying "I care not"

There's more to the fight building up to that, but it's just Thor repeatedly saying "I care not" while hitting the Twin before annihilating him in the portal.

Oh, I know, I knew exactly what you were talking about. It's hype as fuck and the repeated "I care not" totally clinches it.

A Year of Marvels: The Incredible #1
Much like The Amazing issue, this was pretty awesome. The April story -- about a man named Gene Gray who just has a shit week -- is really funny. I was laughing out loud multiple times, plus the anime-esque art works really well. The May story is a bit more serious typical superhero fair that is a team-up between Laura Kinney Wolverine and She-Hulk as they fight Wendigo together (Sound familiar?). It's always nice to see heroes fight along side each other and gain mutual respect. Really cool series.

KevinCow

Banned
From the big stack of trades I got in yesterday:

Ms. Marvel is still fun, but now I'm sad that I've read everything Ms. Marvel has to offer so far and now I have to wait every month for a new issue.

Squirrel Girl is fun and silly.

Captain Marvel is alright. Not sure why GAF hates her so much and Slayven says she's so boring. She seems fine to me. She likes Star Wars and punching things and her pet cat. And lives in the Statue of Liberty for some reason? Whatever, I'm not going to question that part too much. Comic books.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just came back from the vet :/

RIP Luffy, I wish you were as resilient as your name sake. I love you buddy, no more pain for you. I want to remember the good stuff but all im thinking of is the times I was an asshole cause he was a stubborn bastard on walks and shit (especially when he smelled food) and I would pull him a little harder or something, im sorry i wish I hadnt. And im sorry we didnt catch this sooner, it was all so sudden. Bye buddy. Renji and Ollie will miss you :(

Wont trouble you peeps with this anymore, just felt I had to close the book since you were the only people on gaf I shared this with.

Zombine

Banned

RIP Luffy, I wish you were as resilient as your name sake. I love you buddy, no more pain for you. I want to remember the good stuff but all im thinking of is the times I was an asshole cause he was a stubborn bastard on walks and shit (especially when he smelled food) and I would pull him a little harder or something, im sorry i wish I hadnt. And im sorry we didnt catch this sooner, it was all so sudden. Bye buddy. Renji and Ollie will miss you :(

Wont trouble you peeps with this anymore, just felt I had to close the book since you were the only people on gaf I shared this with.

I'm sorry bro :/

That's always a hard thing. Had to do the same thing with my dog a couple years ago

Fuck man. I can't imagine how tough something like that is :(

Boogiepop

Harbinger is on sale. For those of you who like good comics (I know there's a few of you guys out there), it's quite good and quite cheap. I recommend getting the two Deluxe editions, and the Harbinger Wars trade. You don't need the deluxe for Harbinger Wars.

Oh, and Faith too. That's good.
Okay, so what would I need to grab from this sale if I in theory would like to eventually have a complete set of modern Valiant?

Edit: Also, I read through volume 4 of the Rosa complete library, and dang, I've only read what's released in terms of the Barks duck stuff, but he went DEEP in terms of tying in/together references throughout the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck storyline.

Edit: Also, I read through volume 4 of the Rosa complete library, and dang, I've only read what's released in terms of the Barks duck stuff, but he went DEEP in terms of tying in/together references throughout the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck storyline.

There must have been so much research that went into that. Nothing feels like a sloppy retcon either.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

I am so sorry to hear this :(

Owzers

My comic stack is boring and i tend to play Overwatch instead of reading. Karnak #3 and 4....

Also Overwatch has been really laggy for me lately on ps4. And games are iffy.

I need to buy better books that aren't Karnak.

Rear Hellboy. Just started on LE 3 and we get this beautiful Poe poem with great Mignola art.

Lo! ’t is a gala night
Within the lonesome latter years!
An angel throng, bewinged, bedight
In veils, and drowned in tears,
Sit in a theatre, to see
A play of hopes and fears,
While the orchestra breathes fitfully
The music of the spheres.

Mimes, in the form of God on high,
Mutter and mumble low,
And hither and thither fly—
Mere puppets they, who come and go
At bidding of vast formless things
That shift the scenery to and fro,
Flapping from out their Condor wings
Invisible Wo!

That motley drama—oh, be sure
It shall not be forgot!
With its Phantom chased for evermore
By a crowd that seize it not,
Through a circle that ever returneth in
To the self-same spot,
And much of Madness, and more of Sin,
And Horror the soul of the plot.

But see, amid the mimic rout,
A crawling shape intrude!
A blood-red thing that writhes from out
The scenic solitude!
It writhes!—it writhes!—with mortal pangs
The mimes become its food,
And seraphs sob at vermin fangs
In human gore imbued.

Out—out are the lights—out all!
And, over each quivering form,
The curtain, a funeral pall,
Comes down with the rush of a storm,
While the angels, all pallid and wan,
Uprising, unveiling, affirm
That the play is the tragedy, “Man,”
And its hero, the Conqueror Worm.

mreddie

:(

RIP Luffy :(

I'm sure you gave him a good life Rhak.

Top Bottom