• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I Kill Giants

a58XnIQ.gif

anaron

Just came back from the vet :/

RIP Luffy, I wish you were as resilient as your name sake. I love you buddy, no more pain for you. I want to remember the good stuff but all im thinking of is the times I was an asshole cause he was a stubborn bastard on walks and shit (especially when he smelled food) and I would pull him a little harder or something, im sorry i wish I hadnt. And im sorry we didnt catch this sooner, it was all so sudden. Bye buddy. Renji and Ollie will miss you :(

Wont trouble you peeps with this anymore, just felt I had to close the book since you were the only people on gaf I shared this with.
oh no...I'm so sorry for your loss.

Rest in peace, Luffy. :(

Okay, so what would I need to grab from this sale if I in theory would like to eventually have a complete set of modern Valiant?

Edit: Also, I read through volume 4 of the Rosa complete library, and dang, I've only read what's released in terms of the Barks duck stuff, but he went DEEP in terms of tying in/together references throughout the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck storyline.

The two deluxe editions and the one Harbinger Wars trade will cover you. The Harbinger War deluxe prints the Harbinger Wars trade, Harbinger vol 3, and Bloodshot vol 3, which is 1/3 redundant and the Blooshot issues aren't worth it, especially if you want something as consistent as possible. The Bloodshot issues are printed in the Deluxe editions for that.

As for Faith, it looks like it's just the 4 single issues of the miniseries. That extra #0 is a great issue, but it's actually a part of Unity. You'll be fine reading it out of order, which just an FYI.

The rest of the stuff is old Valiant or tie-ins for irrelevant events.

I would buy:
Harbinger Deluxe Edition Vol 1
Harbinger Deluxe Edition Vol 2
Harbinger Wars
Faith #0
Faith #1-4

Wow, Conqueror Worm was quite brilliant.
So Hellboy quits B.P.R.D? I wonder if it is like the time Spider-man quit of whether this will be permanent. Considering the reading order starts including the B.P.R.D hcs after this, it looks like it will stick for a while. Also, Rasputin is a bit of a jobber.

Strange Places was something special too. I hope we get a Hellboy Grand Tour of the world.

Got the Jaime Hernandez artbook in! Took some pics for whatsinaname:

First things first, it's GORGEOUS. Pages are nice and thick and the book itself is great.

I only skimmed through it but there's a good amount of content. There's writing, strips, and drawings (used and unused). Highly recommend it to anyone into Love and Rockets. Hard to beat it for $5.00 on HamiltonBook!

Thanks for the images, definitely getting this! That Divorce Italian Style poster is hilarious.

Hellcat was a surprisingly fun read after the first couple of issues that eased me in to the character and style.

Gave me lots of "gag manga" vibes but wasn't quite all the way one. Really liked the art as well.

And really not looking forward to the Civil War II tie-in that's coming up. Given what happened in CW II and all.

Sou Da

Hellcat was a surprisingly fun read after the first couple of issues that eased me in to the character and style.

Gave me lots of "gag manga" vibes but wasn't quite all the way one. Really liked the art as well.

And really not looking forward to the Civil War II tie-in that's coming up. Given what happened in CW II and all.

Most CW 2 tie-ins are "The concept of superheroes v superheroes sucks" or just using CW 2 as background for a character study.

EDIT: Wait is someone in Hellcat's cast one of the main women in CW II?

Boogiepop

The two deluxe editions and the one Harbinger Wars trade will cover you. The Harbinger War deluxe prints the Harbinger Wars trade, Harbinger vol 3, and Bloodshot vol 3, which is 1/3 redundant and the Blooshot issues aren't worth it, especially if you want something as consistent as possible. The Bloodshot issues are printed in the Deluxe editions for that.

As for Faith, it looks like it's just the 4 single issues of the miniseries. That extra #0 is a great issue, but it's actually a part of Unity. You'll be fine reading it out of order, which just an FYI.

The rest of the stuff is old Valiant or tie-ins for irrelevant events.

I would buy:
Harbinger Deluxe Edition Vol 1
Harbinger Deluxe Edition Vol 2
Harbinger Wars
Faith #0
Faith #1-4

Cool, thanks!

Most CW 2 tie-ins are "The concept of superheroes v superheroes sucks" or just using CW 2 as background for a character study.

Yea, but..

She-Hulk is a pretty prominent character in Hellcat. They can't just ignore what happened to her, can they? That'd be strange.

Zombine

Banned
Haven't been feeling comics this week. Might read some more Stray Bullets today but other than that I'm good. Happy Father's Day to everyone who celebrates.

Let's go Cavs.

Haven't been feeling comics this week. Might read some more Stray Bullets today but other than that I'm good. Happy Father's Day to everyone who celebrates.

Let's go Cavs.

I was with you until that last sentence. Disgusting!

I want them to get blown out like Mexico against Chile last night.

JTripper

Picking back up where I left off in Gotham Central a month or so ago and goddamn does it get better and better from issue 10 on. I feel like I'm finally becoming familiar with the cast beyond just Renee and it makes everything better. Renee is still the star though and that two face arc was great.

Not feeling the first two issues of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (humors not working for me). Should I continue?

Starting from #3 and #4 the humour does becomes more situational and less comic-strippy and random. But yeah, if you didn't find #1 and #2 funny, it may not be for you.

Owzers

I'm hoping the Cavs win, i think the Warriors will get it and nut kicking will be embraced.

Squirrel Girl gets iffy in the middle and finished the first run strong, but if you don't like the first two issues i don't think anything would change that opinion.

Cavs game is ruining my night of ROMAN REIGNS, i'll have to watch Money in the Bank later. AJ Styles/Cena is just throwing Styles at one Strong to the next.

Messi

EDIT: Wait is someone in Hellcat's cast one of the main women in CW II?

One of Hellcats friends is directly affected by Civil War. So much so that Hellcats book can't ignore what happened.

Messi

Looks like Fraction and DeConnick have a new website where they also plan to blog about their works.

First post is a nice read about his first Marvel book.

http://milkfed.us/events/the-me-decade-01-x-men-unlimited-9/

You know what would be great? If instead of writing about his books Matt Fraction could instead actually write new issues of Sex Criminals. Or not.

I actually gave #3 a shot. The Doom stuff was great but everything else just isn't cutting it for me.

I thought you were reading from the start of the run not the reboot. If you aren't feeling it is say drop it. But that book is quality in my eyes.

ElNarez

Banned
Also: Zdarsky needs all the time he can get to cram as many dick jokes in as many corners of each panel as possible, to the point where only digital readers can see them because they're so goddamn tiny.

Like, I want more of that for sure, but it's a collaborative art-form and this shit takes TIME.

VanWinkle

I just realized I might be able to be excited for Teen Titans. Percy's been killing it on GA, and this is one he gets to start at the beginning with, too, so I have hopes.

Scarlet Witch really just kind of bored me. Had to drop it 3 issues in. Seemed all too typical and not as creative as I was expecting it.

Might drop Spider-Gwen as well. The last issue was a snooze and way too tropey for me.
I'd be all for a Scarlet Witch ongoing but I didn't have much faith in Robinson to deliver. She's not a character that many are good at writing. In fact, outside of Busiek and Remender I don't know anyone who wrote her well.
Jamie Hernandez art reminds me a little bit of Terry Moores art.

His art is amazing. I think you'd like Love & Rockets a lot.

Speaking of which, I finally finished Perla La Loca and it was very good. Despite the usual silliness you would expect, a lot of it reminds me of what it's like growing up a lot. You spend less time with friends and more time with family in times of need. Looking forward to starting Penny Century soon.

Top Bottom