• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Messi

I'd buy a Deadpool vs Harley Quinn book.

Jimmy Palmiotti and Chad Hardin pitched it to DC and Marvel and they rejected it.

This was the image from the pitch

Harley_Deadpool%2Bcopy.jpg

All these people who now want these unnecesary gameplay mechanics for that Insomniac Spider-Man game will be so disappointed.

Meh. I don't even know if I'm into it. Spider-Man has probably always been my least favorite Marvel character.

Overwatch seems to have finally cooled down, you guys are actually two talking about comics.

Admittedly, I stopped playing the second I got that level 50 trophy. I've been bored for a while, now I can finally go play through Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. I'll be back when there's new content and everyone else is level 155.

i can't wait for the brand split, Cena on one day and Roman Reigns on the other. What more do people want?

Neither.

You know what would be great? If instead of writing about his books Matt Fraction could instead actually write new issues of Sex Criminals. Or not.

I'm fine either way. It's actually nice having to buy fewer comics.

Jimmy Palmiotti and Chad Hardin pitched it to DC and Marvel and they rejected it.

This was the image from the pitch

DC vs. Marvel is a trainwreck that must never be repeated.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
You know what would be great? If instead of writing about his books Matt Fraction could instead actually write new issues of Sex Criminals. Or not.

finally read SC #1 and man was that fun.

worth reading the trades now or is this one of those "wait til it's done" books?

Id drop other books for sex criminals. It's not a money issue as when the book is releasing it's better that most books out there.

I don't disagree. But it feels like the issues release so far apart that the story loses any momentum that it managed to build up.

mmmm can't wait for that competitive play patch

i assume we are forming a Ranked ComicsGAF OW team?

I dunno. Maybe? Honestly, I stopped playing the instant I hit 50. Odin Sphere has been waiting for me like a dutiful waifu, and Overwatch hasn't shown me anything new lately. I'll probably go back to OW, but for now I'm bored.

Bachalo and magic mumbo jumbo,.

Both of those things are good. Are you one of those filthy Bachalo-haters?

Owzers

Howard the Duck #7 turned out to be okay, i like how Chip picks on Spider-Man and it was a fairly decent adventure but i think i can wait until MU for future issues.

I was looking for the next Titans release on Comixology only to realize it's monthly. I'm going to have to find a list of what is monthly versus bimonthly.

Done with Hellboy Library Edition 3. After Conqueror Worm and The Third Wish, I kind of expected a filler story in The Island. But instead, I got
a 2 year time jump, Hellboy dying, a retelling of the origin of the world and a full view of the Ogdru Jahad!

Now to decide if I want to follow Multiversity Comics' old reading order and read BPRD v1 next or follow the new one and read LE4 next.

Done with Hellboy Library Edition 3. After Conqueror Worm and The Third Wish, I kind of expected a filler story in The Island. But instead, I got
a 2 year time jump, Hellboy dying, a retelling of the origin of the world and a full view of the Ogdru Jahad!

Now to decide if I want to follow Multiversity Comics' old reading order and read BPRD v1 next or follow the new one and read LE4 next.

I'd go for BPRD next. First volume is the weakest (I think one arc is even by your favorite, Geoff Johns) but it finds its groove near the end once Arcudi and Davis join in and becomes REALLY good.

You've also hit the point where Mignola stops drawing the main series. Corben's art is good but Fegredo's art in the final trilogy is amazing.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That one Superboy Prime Panel that everyone in the Most unrealistic superhero thread posts is from Infinite Crisis, right?

The one where he gets angrs at his parents, throws the comic and goes to www.dc.com/forum

Top Bottom