• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Messi

Agreed, it was good up til that. Messi, is the First Lady Killer run 5 issues? I have those. So if I buy the issues from the current mini, will I have it all?

I had fallen off comics when all this went down. I don't know if I want to look to closely at it because I met Wiebe in Rat Queens early days and he was so nice. I raged against Fowlers art, but she indeed seems like a sweet person. And I remember how much she loved drawing the book. I'm sorry things went sideways, but I'm also sorry that the book never recovered from her tenure. The relaunch is good, but I don't feel the same about it. However maybe it's as good as ever, and it's me who has changed, I don't know.

Lady Killer 1 is 5 issues.

Lady Killer 2 is 5 also but only 4 have been released

It's not just you. Rat Queens has lost the magic it had. It's fine now but it used to be special and had huge potential.

Sou Da

Why did Stegman abandon Kuber's cool as hell Mysterio design for Renew Your Vows?

ASMRenewYourVows2-p19.jpg

AFAIK, the only Fowler Rat Queens issue that won't be reprinted is #16, which has been struck out of canon altogether and will never be reprinted. Thank god. It was terrible what happened to her to be fair. Just awful. She was very nice when I messaged her on Twitter after #15 happened as well.

Don't know how the second hardcover will be handed. I still haven't gotten the first one and I ordered it a week ago! Why is the post so slooooooow?

All Fowler art will be redrawn by Upchurch.

arkon

I think The Fuse ended fine, although I haven't read that one myself. I believe part of the books contract involved him getting a minimum 4 volumes so the same thing wouldn't happen as Umbral.

I'm not sure how that'd work since they're Image books. The creative team are in control and would have had the final say since it's coming out of their pockets. From what I remember Image get paid the same for their service for a series like Saga as they do for something selling much less like Umbral and that again comes from the creative team.

Vic_Viper

Reading through the Marvel Solicits now

Looks like Immonen is off Amazing Spider-man for atleast #32.

Anyone know what Cable & X-Force: Onslaught Rising and Cable: The Nemesis Contract are and which issues they collect?

Btw, just started reading Mother Panic and man its pretty cool. How is it doing sales wise? How has the Young Animal line doing as a whole?

Was looking at other Gerard Way books and was thinking about checking out Killjoys. Is Killjoys and the Umbrella Academy in the same universe?

I'm not sure how that'd work since they're Image books. The creative team are in control and would have had the final say since it's coming out of their pockets. From what I remember Image get paid the same for their service for a series like Saga as they do for something selling much less like Umbral and that again comes from the creative team.

I don't really know either to be honest, I just know Johnston referenced it a few times over The Fuse's run, that he had this kind of locked in 4 volume thing. I have no idea if Image will pull the plug on a book if sales fall to a point where it's effectively not worth the opportunity cost when they could be investing the publishing team's time and effort into a book with more potential? I don't know haha

GENERATIONS: MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN & PETER PARKER SPIDER-MAN #1
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • RAMON PEREZ (A/C)

Variant Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL

Variant Cover by TBA

• When it comes to problems, Peter Parker’s got it all! Bullies at school, ailing aunt, a doppelganger, crushing responsibility, and – wait, a doppelganger?!
• Can’t Peter ever catch a break? And what does all this craziness have to do with Miles Morales?

Are they really bringing back the Doppelganger? Holy shit.

"We're already giving them half-assed attempts at everything else they want, we can't possibly reduce the price as well!"
Ryan Higgins just said he's taking a hit on it because he needs Legacy to be successful if Marvel is going to start selling in his store again. The book will be free for his subscribers and $2.99 on the shelf. He's really pissed Marvel ignored him multiple times since he said time and time again to their marketing people that talked with stores that it needed to be $3 or less for readers to pick it up, even more so when it's 20 pages shorter than Rebirth.

Valiant solicits.

Ryan Higgins just said he's taking a hit on it because he needs Legacy to be successful if Marvel is going to start selling in his store again. The book will be free for his subscribers and $2.99 on the shelf. He's really pissed Marvel ignored him multiple times since he said time and time again to their marketing people that talked with stores that it needed to be $3 or less for readers to pick it up, even more so when it's 20 pages shorter than Rebirth.

Valiant solicits.

I kind of feel bad for the dude, he seemed to be excited with what he was hearing from Marvel and that they actually seemed to be listening to retailers.

I kind of feel bad for the dude, he seemed to be excited with what he was hearing from Marvel and that they actually seemed to be listening to retailers.

Marvel pretends to listen and then is like "lmao just kidding."
Yeah, it's pretty clear now that was just an attempt to get some good PR and look good. None of the things retailers like Higgins brought up to them are happening.

What did he bring up?

Just off memory his big points were cut back and focus on core books to later branch off of, lower price point for bi-weekly and bring back Fantastic Four.

Edit: Besides the big one being the first Legacy special to be cheap to entice people into jumping on these new books similar to Rebirth #1 did.

I forgot the first printing of DC Universe Rebirth was $2.99. That was a lot of comic for the money.

Marvel are crazy putting Legacy #1 at $5.99. I mean, it'll still sell, but it'll sell to people who'd buy it anyway.

Is Legacy seriously $5.99.

When I saw this I became convinced that Marvel had lost it. They know people are gonna make direct comparisons with DC Rebirth which was 80 pages for three dollars and they still didn't give one fuck. Now I don't really think their problems are gonna be solved with this relaunch.

Sandfox

Like I suspected, Legacy will be coming out in the last week of September. The Alex Ross art is nice as well. We will probably start getting a bunch of teasers soon. The pricing is exactly what I expected since Marvel has certain pricing tiers at different pages. That will likely scare people off from the one-shot, but I'm curious to see the line as a whole as someone already reading.

When I saw this I became convinced that Marvel had lost it. They know people are gonna make direct comparisons with DC Rebirth which was 80 pages for three dollars and they still didn't give one fuck. Now I don't really think their problems are gonna be solved with this relaunch.
Marvel isn't willing to give up money or give discounts and that won't change unless they become desperate.

I honestly started thinking that when they started doing Legacy Numbering for a lot of books. They're obviously looking at the problems at surface level only.

Sandfox

I honestly started thinking that when they started doing Legacy Numbering for a lot of books. They're obviously looking at the problems at surface level only.
They definitely know and see the stuff people say and write. It's just a matter of whether or not they consider those things to be problems.

Top Bottom