• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Is Legacy seriously $5.99.

hahahahahahahaha
Ryan Higgins just said he's taking a hit on it because he needs Legacy to be successful if Marvel is going to start selling in his store again. The book will be free for his subscribers and $2.99 on the shelf. He's really pissed Marvel ignored him multiple times since he said time and time again to their marketing people that talked with stores that it needed to be $3 or less for readers to pick it up, even more so when it's 20 pages shorter than Rebirth.

Valiant solicits.
when I listened to his podcast like 5-6 years ago he was saying that Marvel barely sold in his store. It ain't gonna happen!

That Hulk cover from the solicit looks a bit off...

Uy9OyOf.jpg

Vic_Viper

Anyone know what Cable & X-Force: Onslaught Rising and Cable: The Nemesis Contract are and which issues they collect?

Btw, just started reading Mother Panic and man its pretty cool. How is it doing sales wise? How has the Young Animal line doing as a whole?

Was looking at other Gerard Way books and was thinking about checking out Killjoys. Is Killjoys and the Umbrella Academy in the same universe?

Anyone know what Cable & X-Force: Onslaught Rising and Cable: The Nemesis Contract are and which issues they collect?

Btw, just started reading Mother Panic and man its pretty cool. How is it doing sales wise? How has the Young Animal line doing as a whole?

Was looking at other Gerard Way books and was thinking about checking out Killjoys. Is Killjoys and the Umbrella Academy in the same universe?

They're not, Killjoys is based on the concepts from the last MCR album (the best one!)

warning: people Killjoys is considerably less well-liked than Umbrella Academy and Doom Patrol

dan2026

Just read the preview for the first issue of King's 'War of Jokes and Riddles'.

And I don't like how the Riddler is already being portrayed as a murderous nutjob.
That never sits right we me when they go full psycho with him.

Gonna give this arc a chance, but I already feel like I might struggle with it like I have with King's other Batman work.

Damn
I had hope for a few months, but yeah, back to radio silence to retailers from Marvel. I don't think they liked the feedback they got. The difference in the DC and Marvel retailers forums is night and day. It's embarrassing.

dh4niel

A lot of people in the thread saying they don't like the direct Marvel is going in right now. What would you guys do differently? I'm genuinely interested.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Whoever is making decisions over there hasn't got a goddamn clue.
Marvel need new blood, from the top to the bottom.
The problem is, Tom Breevort is a ver competent editor when it comes to keep continuity in line and thats something thats important to me.
But It seems like he and Everyone else needs to go

That Hulk cover from the solicit looks a bit off...

theres a few odd things about it

color wise, I guess the eye is where you're supposed to be looking but it doesn't really contrast with any other color, so its not really playing off anything else. The doughnut(?) is bright and pink but its not really working in a way that makes sense compositionally I think.

The frosting and sprinkles aren't casting a shadow on Jen's skin so it looks like its just on another layer. Its not really interacting.

The sprinkles are all viewed from the same angle. Like they all exist on the same plane and have one of two orientations.

The cover is painted but theres thin black lines on the hand and doughnut/frosting. Honestly, it looks like the artist took a picture, then edited/painted over it. Its a mess imo

dan2026

The cover is painted but theres thin black lines on the hand and doughnut/frosting. Honestly, it looks like the artist took a picture, then edited/painted over it. Its a mess imo

It looks like a trace job to be honest.
I bet there is a picture out there a quick google search away that looks strangely like that cover.

Damn, no BPRD in the DH September solicits. Desperate for any kind of tease where the series is going lol. #2 is shippnig on the 30th of August so I guess they skipped September for the first week of October.

They're not, Killjoys is based on the concepts from the last MCR album (the best one!)

warning: people Killjoys is considerably less well-liked than Umbrella Academy and Doom Patrol

Yeah. I'll actually say I really dug the Killjoys album (even though i'm not a MCR fan) and thought the music video with Grant Morrison and whatnot was *amazing*, but the comic was a total mess and absolutely not worth your time or money.

Sandfox

Not a single X-men or Fantastic Four character.
I would say I am surprised, but hey, what to the X-men or the Fantastic Four have to do with Marvel's legacy?

Storm is on the regular cover and we know the X-Men will be a part of it.

That legacy solicit sounds like it's trying to hard to ape the lead up to rebirth.
That solicitation has me speculating. Like the thing about the child.

theres a few odd things about it

color wise, I guess the eye is where you're supposed to be looking but it doesn't really contrast with any other color, so its not really playing off anything else. The doughnut(?) is bright and pink but its not really working in a way that makes sense compositionally I think.

The frosting and sprinkles aren't casting a shadow on Jen's skin so it looks like its just on another layer. Its not really interacting.

The sprinkles are all viewed from the same angle. Like they all exist on the same plane and have one of two orientations.

That is exactly it! The lack of shadows. Couldn't spot it myself but seems glaring once pointed out.

Almost like they used this as a base and painted over it.

YsFaEJz.png

Yo. I thought that people were fucking around, but
DCtO8Z5U0AApvmU

I can't believe this.

Doesn't she have a lot of half-brothers? This is a full brother?

Also WHY THE FUCK IS THERE A BOOK CALLED SLAM: THE NEXT JAM #1 IN THE SEPTEMBER SOLICITS WHEN THEY CANCELLED THE FINAL ISSUES OF THE FIRST SERIES WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING ANYMORE

ElNarez

Banned
yo yo yo wait Legacy is $5.99 for a whole 64 pages

how do you make a value proposition that is worse than Rebirth in Every Possible Way

Messi

They are legit soliciting a new number one when the rest of the issues of the current series are only getting printed in the trade. WUT.

This is Messi-speak for "you are going to hate this so much."

Fuck Archie.

This thread is going full Messi.

For the record I didn't pick a single Venom book because of how many there are. Its crazy.

Top Bottom