• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

caliph95

The one staring the guy dressed like a giant bat .

Obviously the one that also stars an old grumpy cynical police chief

Zero Year is the superior origin story. Year One is an incredible book, but it's as much a Gordon story as it is Batman and some of the stuff with Selina is problematic. Zero Year also has that jaw dropping color work.
Code:
[IMG]http://img00.deviantart.net/4c86/i/2012/191/8/e/shortpacked____whores___by_itswalky-d56rpyh.jpg[/IMG]

Year One is a landmark story. It's incredible. But I enjoy Zero Year more. I love the scope, the craziness, the art/color. I would completely understand somebody liking Year One more, though.

The thing that turned me off about Zero Year was the coloring. God damn it looked like an acid trip or an episode of MLP: Friendship is Magic.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Year One Vs Zero Year

Year One, come on bruh.
The thing that turned me off about Zero Year was the coloring. God damn it looked like an acid trip or an episode of MLP: Friendship is Magic.

Yeah, the coloring is beautifully done but it doesn't fit Batman. I assume Snyder wanted it to feel a bit more campy and old timey, since it was supposed to be Batman's early years, but it didn't jive well with me at all.

Sandfox

DCzSlKKXkAEwLHn.jpg:large

This cover.

So September is Legacy, does that mean October is when the renumbering happens? Also lol at that $6 price tag, still no reason not to just stick with marvel unlimited.

I dont understand this compamy anymore

image.php

I like Ryan Higgins. But I can't listen to his podcast.
He has some really obnoxious people on it.

Including Ryan Higgins.

I'm taking a hiatus from things, including this. I'll still get the comics but I just need to think about things and better myself. Tired of feeling shitty and hating myself.

See you guys later.

Stay safe and take care of yourself. We'll be here when you get back arguing the same crap.

How many books is Tom King writing now?

One Batman book too many.

shingi70

Banned
I hope the main Star Wars book jumps to post empire soon. A lot more story telling potential there than what they're doing right now.

How do you stop reading a series you really like when it gets too awful for you?

If you are me, you either a) don't or b) agonize over it for ages and ages, toss it around in your mind, spend precious moments of your life arguing with yourself about a mediocre comic... and then finally drop it.

If you are me, you either a) don't or b) agonize over it for ages and ages, toss it around in your mind, spend precious moments of your life arguing with yourself about a mediocre comic... and then finally drop it.

I used to be like that. It got much easier when I switched to digital, since I can just add everything and then pare down my shopping cart later before final checkout.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Just finished Power Girl Power Trip and that was really fun. My first intro with Power Girl and I love how she was written. She has heart and compassion but damn you do not wanna fuck with her when she doesn't like your bullshit. Also loved how they dealt with the boob window. I thought it was ridiculous at first but it was cool seeing how they just made it part of her character rather then just having it for no reason. I also enjoyed the jokes and meta humor.

Probably gonna start Preacher or all the current Saga trades next. Then I have a bunch of DC one shot graphic novels to get through and a Thor Omnibus. Also getting a bonus at work this week and potentially next week so I'm tempted to go ham and buy the 10.5 inch iPad pro for comics so I can read all those Amazon Marvel comics properly.

Just finished Power Girl Power Trip and that was really fun. My first intro with Power Girl and I love how she was written. She has heart and compassion but damn you do not wanna fuck with her when she doesn't like your bullshit. Also loved how they dealt with the boob window. I thought it was ridiculous at first but it was cool seeing how they just made it part of her character rather then just having it for no reason. I also enjoyed the jokes and meta humor.

Still one of my favorite comics. It's just so charming and fun and Amanda Conner's art is just fantastic.

If you want another comic with a similar tone, definitely look into the recent Starfire comic. While it doesn't have Amanda Conner's art beyond the covers, her and Palmiotti do the writing and Lupacchino and Charretier do the art. It's good.

Sandfox

I like how this week Rich:
1. wrote an article saying the F4 isn't coming back
2. wrote a second clickbait article saying that marvel teased a Fantastic Three comic at a convention and claimed that he "technically" wasn't wrong with his previous article
3. Wrote a third article saying that his source was wrong and blamed Marvel for him writing a misinformed clickbait article

He's not actually taking credit for them, is he? I assumed they just sent it to him and he had to post it since they wouldn't have site access.

He releases them under his name and then mentions them in the article. He also pissed off Big Bang by writing an article of nothing but their tweets without permission and bragging when they complained.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Still one of my favorite comics. It's just so charming and fun and Amanda Conner's art is just fantastic.

If you want another comic with a similar tone, definitely look into the recent Starfire comic. While it doesn't have Amanda Conner's art beyond the covers, her and Palmiotti do the writing and Lupacchino and Charretier do the art. It's good.
Will do thanks for the recommendation. And I'm just loving my local libraries right now. Catching up on so many comics I wanted to read and discovering new ones I didn't even know existed like Power Trip.

What tablets ya'll read comics on?

I was on an Ipad Air 2, but last week upgraded to the new Pro 10.5". Comics look *great* on both. They look a little better on the Pro 10.5: that slightly larger screen real estate makes a small but noticeable difference in readability (and there's a bit less glare due to the screen coating). But the normal iPad is just fine for comic reading: If you're looking for a tablet for the main purpose of reading comics it is *not* worth the extra hundreds of dollars to get the Pro, the normal iPad works just fine. I wouldn't go any smaller than the 9.7" screen though, 8" or whatever seems way too cramped.

I also have a Surface Book (MS's high-end laptop-hybrid thing that can turn into a tablet by detaching the keyboard) and that screen is AMAZING for comics at 3000*2000 resolution and 13.5", but I find 13.5" too large to easily hold for reading for any extended period and since the guts of the machine are behind the screen (the keyboard half is only batteries inside), it's also a bit too heavy for extended tablet handholding. My friend has the 12.9" iPad Pro and I found it the same way: slightly too large for everyday "handheld" use.

Top Bottom