• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't going to pick up ANXM but I'm in love with David Marquez... gorgeous.

Holy god and his angels.....Szymon Kudranski (Guy who did the stunning Penguin mini) on Green Lantern's dead issue is glorious!

Rocafort on Superman is keeping my nipples erect. Great week of comics so far!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i enjoyed waypool but at some point it became rote and i stopped enjoying it. between deadpool MAX and UXF deadpool was awesome. now we get 4thwall joke deadpool again.

It had some fun arcs early on. Deadpool vs Thunderbolts, the X-Men team up and Dark Reign were all really fun reads.

How is Earth 2? It has me kind of interested.

Honestly I thought it started strong, lost it's way for a few, and now is super strong. He's found his stride. I look forward to it more than most books, and Nicola Scott's art and layouts should be getting raves, but no one reads it.

Woman is fierce.

Honestly I thought it started strong, lost it's way for a few, and now is super strong. He's found his stride. I look forward to it more than most books, and Nicola Scott's art and layouts should be getting raves, but no one reads it.

Woman is fierce.

Nicola Scott is truly Above God Tier.

Nicola Scott is truly Above God Tier.

Behold!

Earth202202012-20010-016_zps8155e3c2.jpg

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
What's the deal with this Sleeper omnibus by Brubaker from Vertigo? I assume it has a following to get the omnibus treatment.

tim1138

Woman is fierce.

I freaking love E2, one of my top books every month. Nicola Scott was near Reis/Manapul tier before this month, and after reading this issue has entered it. I love the world Robinson is building, I swear he's the only one who really took the N52 initiative to heart in creating his world and characters.

Dysun

All New X-Men 8
Those last two pages, Jeannie aint playing! Pretty much guaranteed Angel goes over to Cyclops crew now.

Green Lantern 18
Well I guess Hal Jordan being the "Greatest Black Lantern" will come into play shortly now that Sinestro and Baz left him behind.

Age of Ultron 1
Crap, and Hitch drawing the interior of a building for 15 pages was a waste

BJK

Age of Ultron # 1 reads like a tie-in book to an ongoing crossover, and not the start of a world-shattering event.

ANXM honestly has me a little worried, about the upcoming recruitment issue... I thought
it would be Angel or Cyke who goes over, now I'm not so sure.

...What if it's Jean?

EDIT: Not saying that will happen, obviously there's a big hurdle in the way of that; just, after this issue things aren't looking so certain anymore.

Sblargh

Banned
Well Age of Ultron was terrible. If you'd just done a fat one page text box of "Theres loads of Ultrons, apocalyptic future, superheroes are in hiding" and a collage we'd have moved shit along faster than whatever the fuck that was.

All New X-Men 8
Those last two pages, Jeannie aint playing! Pretty much guaranteed Angel goes over to Cyclops crew now.

Green Lantern 18
Well I guess Hal Jordan being the "Greatest Black Lantern" will come into play shortly now that Sinestro and Baz left him behind.

Age of Ultron 1
Crap, and Hitch drawing the interior of a building for 15 pages was a waste

Age of Ultron # 1 reads like a tie-in book to an ongoing crossover, and not the start of a world-shattering event.

Yeah, not feeling Age of Ultron either. It was also very weird that
Luke Cage was super opposed to rescuing Spider-man, but Hawkeye just had to do it anyway. Feels like you can throw any name in there at this point. Like, Beta Ray Bill was super opposed to rescuing Moon Knight, but Patsy Walker just had to it anyway.

Owzers

Fed Ex sucks, I got another

"Delivery exception

Customer not available or business closed"

bull, no one even knocked on my door. This is the third or so time this has happened with my dcbs shipment.

edit: They delivered them to the apartment's office/club house/office. COMICS. Time to do what i always do, read Walking Dead and then read random dc stuff and complain about things. For instance, i get to read the end of Rotworld now.....

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Luke Cage was super opposed to rescuing Spider-man, but Hawkeye just had to do it anyway. Feels like you can throw any name in there at this point. Like, Beta Ray Bill was super opposed to rescuing Moon Knight, but Patsy Walker just had to it anyway.

Yea that was sort of weird considering
how close the two were in Bendis's run. They were bros.

Wasn't age of ultron written years ago? I feel like they probably just changed the ending to have it affect current continuity status quo.

Regardless the last thing we need is another decompressed bendis event that is essentially Marvel's rot world.

Owzers

If Age of Ultron were 6 issues i'd be in, maybe it would be some fun times. At 10 it wasn't really up for debate coming off the back of AvX's 12 issue snoozefest in which writers take turns seeing who can waste the most number of pages playing Hope tag.

Owzers

Animal Man and Swamp Thing #17 were worse than i could have ever imagined, mostly thanks to the ending. How is that the "finale" to Rotworld? Is the #18 epilogue issues supposed to be the actual ending? This is ridiculous. I'm going to sell my whole Swampy New 52 run along with Rotworld thingy thing on ebay and wash my hands of both franchises.

0/5 rating from me. Burn the issues to keep warm during this snowstorm.

Animal Man and Swamp Thing #17 were worse than i could have ever imagined, mostly thanks to the ending. How is that the "finale" to Rotworld? Is the #18 epilogue issues supposed to be the actual ending? This is ridiculous. I'm going to sell my whole Swampy New 52 run along with Rotworld thingy thing on ebay and wash my hands of both franchises.

I really wasn't a fan either. The whole
Parliament of Rot
thing was a bit too much of a convenient deus ex machina. But then again, I thought Rotworld as a whole was a pretty shitty story arc anyway. I just don't like rotting hunk-of-flesh monsters in general. In comics, movies, or video games. They're the most generic thing in the god-damned world.

Owzers

I really wasn't a fan either. The whole
Parliament of Rot
thing was a bit too much of a convenient deus ex machina. But then again, I thought Rotworld as a whole was a pretty shitty story arc anyway. I just don't like rotting hunk-of-flesh monsters in general. In comics, movies, or video games. They're the most generic thing in the god-damned world.

I had some fun with it in places but it went on too long, and now it has a terrible ending...and the "rotworld" event thing itself felt redundant since you basically were being told the same story twice in both Animal Man and Swampy. The plotting layouts were too similar, a few pages with baker/alec, then a few pages of his daugter and abby set in the past. Same "i have to find them!" theme between the two.

Soooooooooooooooo that was 34 issues of Rotworld with a bad ending. Regret.

Blader

This is every Bendis book ever.

Acid08

Banned
Picked up Sex on a whim because there was only one left on the rack. Hope it's good.

Also idk why but I thought Fraction was writing it for some reason.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
ANXM was fantastic, but I hate all of you for talking about an issue that clearly hasn't come out yet. Why can't we just read issues as they come out?

Avengers is still gearing up... it's good, but I know Our Lord and Savior Hickman needs more time to get things flowing.

Still need to read:
Green Arrow
Lost Vegas
as well as Witch Doctor & Prophet from last week

Sblargh

Banned
ANXM was fantastic, but I hate all of you for talking about an issue that clearly hasn't come out yet. Why can't we just read issues as they come out?

Avengers is still gearing up... it's good, but I know Our Lord and Savior Hickman needs more time to get things flowing.

Still need to read:
Green Arrow
Lost Vegas
as well as Witch Doctor & Prophet from last week

I think Our Lord and Savior is delivering from issue one. Avengers is just pure superhero sci-fi joy. I don't even mind the pacing, it is like a diorama, it's beautiful just to see the parts move.

ReiGun

Age of Ultron was a whole lot of nothing.

I suppose I could give ANXM a whirl, since you all will not stop raving about it.

Cr0wn0

Anyone know of a calendar or a easy to run through list of release dates? I would ideally like to just add them to my google calendar.

The only possible complaint I can say about All-New X-Men is that it ends too soon.
Bendis-decompression is the only thing that keeps it from being my favourite ongoing comic. If only I was able to wait for the trades...

Green Lantern is giving a really great sendoff arc to Johns. This issue was really good and with amazing art.

tim1138

Anyone else get a kick out of this week's Channel 52 bit? I loved the Detective Chimp reference, he needs to show up officially in the N52 some where.

Troll

Banned
Spiderman

When Parker gets his body back I wonder if he tells people that he isn't the one that killed Massacre. Spectacular Spiderman is really good right now. Can't wait to see how Green Goblin plays into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom