• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
About the character you asked.

On the last issue, Peter Octopus was revolted that Peter Spider didn't even finished college, as being a doctor is very important to him. So he signed up to finish his course and he signed up for a very difficult chemistry class. This girl is a private tutor who kept buggering him to give him private lessons, but as we saw on this edition, he really didn't need them and he just stopped there to say that.
Now, What I find interesting is the possibility of she being a love interest of him, not a borrowed Peter Parker girlfriend, but someone Otto actually likes.

She's definitely going to be that, Slott previewed a few of the Ramos pages a week or two back and it looks like that's where he's taking it.

Acid08

Banned
About the character you asked.

On the last issue, Peter Octopus was revolted that Peter Spider didn't even finished college, as being a doctor is very important to him. So he signed up to finish his course and he signed up for a very difficult chemistry class. This girl is a private tutor who kept buggering him to give him private lessons, but as we saw on this edition, he really didn't need them and he just stopped there to say that.
Now, What I find interesting is the possibility of she being a love interest of him, not a borrowed Peter Parker girlfriend, but someone Otto actually likes.
Ooookay, thanks! I remembered him going back to school but not her specifically. Also, anyone else kind of hate how Peter has been drawn these past two issues? Spidey looks good but Peters face and hair is just weird.

SRG01

Superior 5 was awesome as usual.
Spidey is straight up murkin motherfuckers now, shit is dope. Also I feel like I missed something, who is the midget lady? Was she in the last issue? I can't remember.

The next arc is going to be a real test. Can the writing keep me in while Ramos is actively trying to make me vomit on his artwork? I guess we'll see.

I wonder when they're going to hit Otto with the "great responsibility" thing. He's getting pretty drunk on his power right now, so it'll be perfect if he experiences a downfall soon

Troll

Banned
I wonder when they're going to hit Otto with the "great responsibility" thing. He's getting pretty drunk on his power right now, so it'll be perfect if he experiences a downfall soon

I'm not sure if it will. I think it might be the plot device they use to make people "want" Peter back.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Considering how Slott has been doing each arc, highlighting the differences in how Otto and Peter do things, the new girl in Otto's life and who resurfaced recently...I dare say we're gearing up for it

Owzers

Is there anyone that really wants to read Batman 17 digitally and hasn't done so yet? I caved and bought it to avoid spoilers even though i had ordered the print combo pack. First quoter that isn't a Heat fan gets the code.

Acid08

Banned
Considering how Slott has been doing each arc, highlighting the differences in how Otto and Peter do things, the new girl in Otto's life and who resurfaced recently...I dare say we're gearing up for it
That would be pretty fucking cool.

SRG01

To be perfectly honest, I like Otto as Spiderman more than Pete. He has an... almost-Punisher-like quality to him, except with more prep time

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Would love a solution that didn't just go back to cloning yet again.

The Living Brain.

This would not only not be a clone solution, but goddamn hilarious. I'd read the shit out of Otto in the Living Brain's robot body going all prep time Punisher on the bad guys. It wouldn't work as a series, but as a mini. Or actually team him up with Frank.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Is there anyone that really wants to read Batman 17 digitally and hasn't done so yet? I caved and bought it to avoid spoilers even though i had ordered the print combo pack. First quoter that isn't a Heat fan gets the code.

The 2006 Finals are a stain on human history.

So guys! I am looking for a great Batman graphic novel as a birthday present for a friend. So recommend me the best ones you know! (I have The Dark Knights Returns, so he knows that already!)

Right, keep forgetting to mention but if anyone wants my digital code for Age of Ultron #1, you're welcome to have it.

Won't be able to send the code out until later this evening though.

Just PM me if you want it.

By the way, I saw a picture of Green Goblin somewhere, is he returning? And is it Norman (last I read was the Osborn mini-series which ended with him going back to prison) or someone else?

Superior 5 was awesome as usual.
Spidey is straight up murkin motherfuckers now, shit is dope. Also I feel like I missed something, who is the midget lady? Was she in the last issue? I can't remember.

The next arc is going to be a real test. Can the writing keep me in while Ramos is actively trying to make me vomit on his artwork? I guess we'll see.

Is Ramos universally disliked? I've seen some folks bagging on him in this thread. But honestly I've always rather liked him. I'll probably have Wolverine GiraffeNeck pic quoted at me, but it's chunky, aggressive and distinct and I do enjoy it. Am I alone in this?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Is Ramos universally disliked? I've seen some folks bagging on him in this thread. But honestly I've always rather liked him. I'll probably have Wolverine GiraffeNeck pic quoted at me, but it's chunky, aggressive and distinct and I do enjoy it. Am I alone in this?

I remember disliking him on Runaways, but as a Spidey artist I mostly like his stuff.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
By the way, I saw a picture of Green Goblin somewhere, is he returning? And is it Norman (last I read was the Osborn mini-series which ended with him going back to prison) or someone else?

He's back as of last month.

His work on Spidey hasn't been bad, it's not the best but it's cartoony and sort of fun. For some reason it works better in print than it does digitally though.

Acid08

Banned
He returned at the end of Superior #4 and yes it's Norman.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Considering we're on issue 5 or so I think it's ok to un-spoiler that particular bit of info. It was last month afterall, we should be clear to discuss that sort of thing a month later with no spoilers attached.

Acid08

Banned
Considering we're on issue 5 or so I think it's ok to un-spoiler that particular bit of info. It was last month afterall, we should be clear to discuss that sort of thing a month later with no spoilers attached.
Just being safe. I'd rather spoiler tag stuff than not.

Barrage

I think his Return Of The Green Goblin arc (with Paul Jenkins) is one of the most underrated, high quality Spider-man stories in the last twenty years. And his art had a lot to do with that.

spiderman1.JPG

bt_jenkins_ramos.jpg

tim1138

So guys! I am looking for a great Batman graphic novel as a birthday present for a friend. So recommend me the best ones you know! (I have The Dark Knights Returns, so he knows that already!)

Batman and Robin vol 1: Batman Reborn
Batman and Robin vol 2: Batman vs Robin
Batman and Robin vol 3: Batman and Robin Must Die

The best 16 issues of Batman ever created.

Acid08

Banned

You really think sometime would just be able to jump into these?

I dunno the weird anatomy is a huge reason people dislike his art he's very stylized. But I think he's dope I mean the goblin arc posted above and Spider-Island were great examples of why he's talented.

He's back as of last month.

His work on Spidey hasn't been bad, it's not the best but it's cartoony and sort of fun. For some reason it works better in print than it does digitally though.

I feel pretty stupid now as I read that issue when it came out, but I totally blanked from where I've seen it.

How do we know it's Norman?

Also Ramos suck, he's ruined many arcs for me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I feel pretty stupid now as I read that issue when it came out, but I totally blanked from where I've seen it.

How do we know it's Norman?

Also Ramos suck, he's ruined many arcs for me.

Way back at the end of the Hobgoblin arc (in October), before Otto took over, Osborn escaped from his coma ward.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He did? In Amazing? I don't have my comics in my apartment so I can't check it up.

Yea, it was like the last page of chapter 997. You don't see him escape but they're all freaked out since there's this empty bed marked "Norman Osborn" with no one in it and an open window in the room.

That's maybe the best three pages of Bendis since his Daredevil. I am so in love with everything there.

I know we were all worried about him on X-Men but he's really been killing it.

Cetra

I disagree. Tomasi's run on New 52 Batman and Robin is far superior to that IMO. Creating the best 17 issues of Batman ever created. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom