• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, Conquest is kind of lame but the original Annihilation is fucking fantastic, like a Marvel Star Wars.

Star_Wars_001_1977.jpeg

That doesn't sound impressive at all.

Harlock

Marvel Unlimited app has horrible perfomance reading comics. Any other free comic reader is more smooth displaying the pages.

Owzers

Finally got to read Batman Inc #8 out of my dcbs shipment, amazing book. That one page fight with
Damian against the monster damian with his arm on fire summed up my relationship with DC right now. "Call this monster off."

I need to catch up on Wonder Woman and Dial H to see if they can redeem the DC universe after Batman Inc is gone.

JJD

Finally got to read Batman Inc #8 out of my dcbs shipment, amazing book. That one page fight with
Damian against the monster damian with his arm on fire summed up my relationship with DC right now. "Call this monster off."

I need to catch up on Wonder Woman and Dial H to see if they can redeem the DC universe after Batman Inc is gone.

Wonder Woman is great.

I have never ever read a WW book, but I love this new version.

Owzers

Wonder Woman is great.

I have never ever read a WW book, but I love this new version.

I'm up to issue 15 or so right now, it was my favorite New 52 title until i started catching up on Batman Inc. I need to reread the first 3 issues of Dial H before catching up since they were bizarre. Fun, but bizarre. Everything else i read is a hodgepodge of decency. Batman, Justice League, JL Dark, Green Lantern Crossover Hell, and Aquaman. I might give the full GL titles a shot in June when the creators switch but i'm guessing it won't be very good since the GL universe is full of itself right now. There's also little to no Pandora solo Trinity War hype at the moment and if i buy Pandora's book in June there won't be any excitement towards it. New 52 is mostly dead to me.

Wonder Woman is probably the only New 52 book outside of Batman that I haven't wavered on at some point. The storytelling has been consistently entertaining for the entire run thus far.

ElNarez

Banned
more like... PUNDER WOMAN!!

Might've already said this, but I totally dig the wordplay in Wonder Woman. We're talking about mythology here. Most of those guys are born from epic poems, so it's fitting that we get all the wacky alliterations and rhymes and puns.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
What's he up to anyway?

Working on Marvel animated shows.

He's also got some Batman original graphic novel in development. Last June he said he got the go ahead from DC, but couldn't say much since it wasn't officially announced. He said it'd be a good year or two until its release.

I think Bloodspell, his Zatanna/Black Canary book, is still out there somewhere. Unfortunately, Dini was asked about it in both March and April 2012, and he had no idea when it would be released. The artist on that is Joe Quinones, and at least in 2011 Quinones was saying it'd be out in 2012.

DC doesn't have the greatest track record on completing and releasing OGNs in recent history, so who knows about either of them.

Edit: Actually just found an update on Bloodspell from ECCC.

Joe Quinones provided an update on the Zatanna/Black Cannery graphic novel with Paul Dini. He had some pages to show, which looked amazing, and mentioned that the reason for the delay are two-fold: (1.) That he was not the original artist (can’t remember who he said was) and (2.) The New 52 also threw a wrench into it, too. Nevertheless, he says its back on-track and I assume could be released sooner rather then later.

Amanda Conner was the original artist.

Acid08

Banned
Connor is an awesome artist, would have loved to see that version.

Dini did the scripts for the Arkham games right?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Dini did the scripts for the Arkham games right?

Yes. He's done with that now. He has nothing to do with the next game, whatever that is.

I see he also co-wrote the upcoming Maleficent movie.

MC Safety

I don't know if it's a spoiler or not but evil Spider-Man

Spoiler ahead...

Evil Spider-Man shoots a guy in the head in front of an enraptured audience.

What sort of devilry will be required to make everyone forget this atrocity?

Spoiler ahead...

Dude
I got chills when that old guy screamed "Do it!" Dan Slott is doing some good work.

Edit: It wasn't really Spider-Man that did it ;)

Sblargh

Banned

Spoiler ahead...

The public approves and the super hero community will forgive and forget once Evil Spider-Man is evil no more.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Spoiler ahead...

Did you see the crowd? They loved that shit.

NEO0MJ

The public approves and the super hero community will forgive and forget once Evil Spider-Man is evil no more.

Yeah. I mean, they always point out the last time someone went berserk and blew up a planet or committed genocide and how it ended up OK in the so Spidey is safe. after all he only killed a murdering, emotionless sociopath.

Mafro

Anihilation just had the scales of everything right. For some reason, in any fiction, it is getting harder and harder to feel the awesomeness of huge space battles, but I definetly remember feeling that with Anihilation.
Yeah I know what you mean, the entire cosmic run had that epic feel that hasn't really been matched in the normal Marvel stuff.

I think I'll pick up Bendis' Moon Knight run, I've already got that in physical form But I need dat Maleev art in HD on my iPad.

MC Safety

Yeah. I mean, they always point out the last time someone went berserk and blew up a planet or committed genocide and how it ended up OK in the so Spidey is safe. after all he only killed a murdering, emotionless sociopath.

You're right, of course. Green Lantern blew up an entire city and I guess he's still beloved.

Cetra

As I mentioned previously, I'm just getting back into reading comics. With the absence of Wizard and such that were pretty much the defacto comic news places back when I was reading, what're the best places to get comic book news nowadays? I've been using comicvine.com but their site is pretty light on good content.

Owzers

As I mentioned previously, I'm just getting back into reading comics. With the abscence of Wizard and such that were pretty much the defacto comic news places back when I was reading, what're the best places to get comic book news nowadays? I've been using comicvine.com but they're site is pretty light on good content.

Gaf/Bleedingcool ( even though people hate it :p)/Newsarama are the places i go to in case something is afoot. I like IGN's thursday review roundup too.

As I mentioned previously, I'm just getting back into reading comics. With the absence of Wizard and such that were pretty much the defacto comic news places back when I was reading, what're the best places to get comic book news nowadays? I've been using comicvine.com but their site is pretty light on good content.

Nothing beats Comics Alliance.

SRG01

Spoiler ahead...

Okay, to be perfectly honest, that's an interesting debate as to whether or not Spidey shooting him was justified. I personally think he was, considering the circumstances.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Related question to that American Vampire arc :
Does Travis really think Skinner killed his parents or is he just after him because the killers were looking for Skinner?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
those cap and thor covers. goddamn!

i would love that cap cover as a poster.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Those AmVamp covers made me start buying the series. Props to Benjamin Birdie for posting them last January.

It is my favorite Snyder series. I know he has started to get a lot of hate here on this forum but I think his writing has been decent in everything I've read.

It is my favorite Snyder series. I know he has started to get a lot of hate here on this forum but I think his writing has been decent in everything I've read.

I love most of what he's done. There are plenty that get overwhelming love that cannot maintain quality, but put out greatness now and then, but Snyder is IMO consistently good to great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom