• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
oWV64ZD.jpg

The American Vampire special will arrive on June 12th. Seems like Albuquerque more or less took the lead on writing "The Long Road to Hell".

A primal story seared deep into the American psyche, "American Vampire: The Long Road To Hell" is about two young lovers, a stolen car and the open road. Here's the twist: these young lovers are newly turned vampires trying to fight the blood thirst inside them. Worse: travelling trough the American Heartland, they’ve got a pack of angry vampires on their tails...along with Travis Kidd. Can Kidd stop the “Heartbreak Killers” before it all ends in tragedy?

Owzers

at this point i think i'm waiting for Venom to get to MDCU, but i might pick up Winter Soldier trades. MDCU has the first five issues of Scarlet Spider so after i get bored of Mighty Thor i'm on to that next.

I didn't think much of new 52 batman and robin, the initial 8 issues i read were okay but the arc went on too long.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm kind of amazed at how consistent Marvel is right now. Every issue the Hulk shows up, he has the armor, everywhere Spidey is in, it is Superior (and he is great on Hickman's Avenger anyway). Iron Man's new armor also seem to be everywhere and that crazy Beast outfit he is wearing right now is also consistent across the board.

Maybe I'm overlooking something (Age of Ultron I'm downright ignoring), but that ship seems pretty tight.

I'm kind of amazed at how consistent Marvel is right now. Every issue the Hulk shows up, he has the armor, everywhere Spidey is in, it is Superior (and he is great on Hickman's Avenger anyway). Iron Man's new armor also seem to be everywhere and that crazy Beast outfit he is wearing right now is also consistent across the board.

Maybe I'm overlooking something (Age of Ultron I'm downright ignoring), but that ship seems pretty tight.

Yeah, Age of Ultron is pretty severely off, but who the dang knows what's even going on there.

Posted earlier, but if anyone wants my Age of Ultron digital code, it's up for grabs.

I'll send it out around 7-7:30 pm PST (I leave San Francisco around 5-5:30 pm and get home roughly 6:30-7 pm).

Just send me a PM.

EDIT: Claimed

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Got my Mississippi edition of JLA. Love the cover, did not like the issue at all. Skinny Waller and some guy with predictable banter the whole time about the new team. And weird art from David Finch. They couldn't figure out how to make JLI work and give us this? What are Hawkman and Catwoman going to talk about?

Owzers

Hmmmmmm

Justice League #17: I'm with Orm, these surface dwellers must pay, they probably pee in the ocean ALL THE TIME.

Not feeling Marvel Unlimited at all. That extra inch that the name of the issue takes up makes a HYUUUUGE difference in fidelity, especially on an iPad 1. And I ain't going back to Smart Panels.

I JUST AIN'T.

Owzers

Not feeling Marvel Unlimited at all. That extra inch that the name of the issue takes up makes a HYUUUUGE difference in fidelity, especially on an iPad 1. And I ain't going back to Smart Panels.

I JUST AIN'T.

I'm peeved in general....it's obvious that a top priority of a comic reader should be full screen view of a comic page, yet years into this for Marvel and several tries later and they are still massive failures. How can you be so bad at this if not deliberately?

Cetra

Nah, Dick n Damian forever. I've got no beef with Tomasi, but I cannot stand Bruce Wayne.

Eh, different strokes etc.

I've been outta comics for more than a decade, just snagged all the Morrison Batman, and the New 52 Batman and Batman and Robin. I've read them all over the past week. Tomasi's writing was just mind-blowingly good when I got there. I'll probabaly pick up anything that guy writes from here on out.

Owzers

Eh, different strokes etc.

I've been outta comics for more than a decade, just snagged all the Morrison Batman, and the New 52 Batman and Batman and Robin. I've read them all over the past week. Tomasi's writing was just mind-blowingly good when I got there. I'll probabaly pick up anything that guy writes from here on out.

51cqVRwl%2BjL._SS500_.jpg

Did you pick this up too by any chance? I thought it was quite good, 3 different 3 issue batman and robin stories , one from Tomasi, one from Cornell, and one from Winick.

Cetra

I have not read that one actually. If I can find it on Comixology, I'll read it tonight. I'm jonesing so hard for more Batman and Damian. I'll say this much, Batman (Grayson or Wayne, it doesn't matter) was at his best with Damian as Robin. Excellent, excellent character. Hate that I was reading as these issues were coming out.

Nah, Dick n Damian forever. I've got no beef with Tomasi, but I cannot stand Bruce Wayne.
I often wonder what people mean by this. If Bruce were more like Dick -- that is, if he were less serious and/or angst-filled and actually seemed to enjoy being Batman -- would you feel differently about him?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Some time ago I asked about ASM in one of the comics threads, I ended up deciding to go as far back as Brand New Day instead of jumping right into Big Time. Glad I did, some really fun stories to be read. As far as art goes, I enjoyed the Romita Jr issues the most. I'm at #658 right now and so far having a good time with Sott's solo run too.

Started dipping my feet in current/semi-old DC too. Going with Morrison first, so I'm trying to get into Action Comics and just finished reading Batman and Son as I'm planning to go through his Batman run. Also need to grab All-Star Superman.

Been neglecting all the current Marvel Now releases though, I'm only fully up to date with Hawkeye. I need to work on that eventually.

As far as non-superhero comics go I have a bunch of random stuff to get into like Locke & Key, Saga, etc. I'll get there when I get there.

Is Ramos universally disliked? I've seen some folks bagging on him in this thread. But honestly I've always rather liked him. I'll probably have Wolverine GiraffeNeck pic quoted at me, but it's chunky, aggressive and distinct and I do enjoy it. Am I alone in this?
Always liked his work since back in the Impulse days. If there's anything I'm not fond of is when he goes overboard with the giant gaping mouths and huge feet (which were way more prominent back then), but I dig everything else about his art. It was somewhere around the second half of Crimson where he "matured" his lines imo.

Cetra

Is Ramos universally disliked? I've seen some folks bagging on him in this thread. But honestly I've always rather liked him. I'll probably have Wolverine GiraffeNeck pic quoted at me, but it's chunky, aggressive and distinct and I do enjoy it. Am I alone in this?

I've been a fan of Ramos ever since the creator owned series he did for Cliffhanger! back in the day. Crimson I think it was. LOVED that shit. Still one of my favorite vampire tales to this day.

Then again, I'm a huge fan of stylized comic art. Joe Mad, Jim Lee etc. Great stuff.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I've been a fan of Ramos ever since the creator owned series he did for Cliffhanger! back in the day. Crimson I think it was. LOVED that shit. Still one of my favorite vampire tales to this day.

Then again, I'm a huge fan of stylized comic art. Joe Mad, Jim Lee etc. Great stuff.
Yep, Crimson was really fun and consistent throughout, and you could feel Ramos & Augustyn had a plan from start to end and that they knew what they were doing, I appreciate that.

I JUST AIN'T.

Any chance you could upload a screenshot so I can understand? I'm interested in signing up.

tim1138

I often wonder what people mean by this. If Bruce were more like Dick -- that is, if he were less serious and/or angst-filled and actually seemed to enjoy being Batman -- would you feel differently about him?

More than likely, yeah. I just get so tired of brooding, angsty Bruce. My ideal Bruce is the Bruce from the Batman Brave and the Bold cartoon. I realize I'm likely in the minority on this, but so it goes.

I wish Gillen could do a Mr. Sinister ongoing. He has an awesome interpretation of the character and he was the best part of his Uncanny X-men run.

Comixology Friday sale is ultron books

Mighty Avengers 1 to 6, Moon Knight 1 to 12, Annihilation Conquest #1-7, Avengers vol 3 #0, #19 to 22 and Avengers vol 4 #1 to 6. Just hit the UK, and heading to the US in a fewl hours…

Bolded my recs

Comixology Friday sale is ultron books

Mighty Avengers 1 to 6, Moon Knight 1 to 12, Annihilation Conquest #1-7, Avengers vol 3 #0, #19 to 22 and Avengers vol 4 #1 to 6. Just hit the UK, and heading to the US in a fewl hours…

Bolded my recs

Shit maybe I'll finally check out these Annihilation books peoples is always talkin on

Yep, Crimson was really fun and consistent throughout, and you could feel Ramos & Augustyn had a plan from start to end and that they knew what they were doing, I appreciate that.

Yep, Impulse, Crimsom, Out There... Ramos is solid in my eyes. I love mostly how much balance between light-hearted and serious he could be in a book. I loved his picture bubbles for Bart particularly on Impulse.

Sure people bag on his art, but I love how stylized it is. Same thing with Joe Mad.

Probably why I was so stoked to receive that Impulse drawing from TTOB, since he knew I loved the character & had the same view on Ramos as I do.

Acid08

Banned
I have it in me to like Ramos. Unfortunately it's probably on a panel by panel basis. I'll never be able to call myself a total fan of his work.

Vyer

Just finished the first part of Kevin Smith's podcast with Morrison.

That went to a real weird place.

Dude is pretty interesting though. First time I've ever heard his voice.

Sblargh

Banned
Anihilation just had the scales of everything right. For some reason, in any fiction, it is getting harder and harder to feel the awesomeness of huge space battles, but I definetly remember feeling that with Anihilation.

Acid08

Banned
A+X #5

Went out and got this because of the positive impressions in this thread. It was okay. Not worth $4. I have a digital code for anyone who wants it. First to quote with a picture of Robocop gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom