• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to read Gotham by Gaslight. I've been waiting a half a year at least waiting for this edition to come out.

Clint Barton, eat your heart out!

prv15600_pg2.jpg

Since some of you were speaking of Snyder - it took me forever and a day, but I finally bought The Black Mirror. Damn near finished it on the train ride home, it was sooo good.

Owzers

Who's still reading Demon Knights? #17 was good but i don't think i'm continuing as the previous arc wore me out.

Acid08

Banned
Question about Age of Ultron: who the hell is Spidey in the first issue? I know Superior has a tie in but the banter in this issue was clearly Peter and not Ock. This is going to be a mess.

Question about Age of Ultron: who the hell is Spidey in the first issue? I know Superior has a tie in but the banter in this issue was clearly Peter and not Ock. This is going to be a mess.

The real question is how many are sticking around to find out? My guess is that when this time-shift(?) occurred, it was Peter, then once "they go back", it will be Doc Spidey helping to fix it.

Owzers

It's a bendis book, everyone is spider-man :p

Marvel Comics Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada returns to interior comic art, joining Brian Michael Bendis, Bryan Hitch and Carlos Pacheco the illustrate the closing pages "Age of Ultron" #10

saw this reading comicbookresources......everyone gets to draw the last issue :p

J10

Banned
Deadpool Killustrated #2 is good. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out in the end. This series is much better than the previous one.

Acid08

Banned
The real question is how many are sticking around to find out? My guess is that when this time-shift(?) occurred, it was Peter, then once "they go back", it will be Doc Spidey helping to fix it.
I'm in the minority but I didn't think it was that bad. But this all raises the question, when the hell is this actually happening?

FoneBone

It doesn't read like it at all, but Bendis insists that was Superior Spider-Man there.
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/age-of-ultron-1-post-game-bendis.html
Nrama: It's been said that since everyone knew this story was coming so it didn't take much maneuvering to make it fit with the current Marvel slate. So that's Superior Spider-Man in the first issue?

Bendis: Yes.
But it's not going to be a major Superior Spider-Man chapter. There's not going to be any big reveals about Peter or Otto in this. For those following, yes, it fits right in. For all intents and purposes to these characters, it's Peter.

Acid08

Banned
Deadpool Killustrated #2 is good. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out in the end. This series is much better than the previous one.
The fact that this book exists annoys the shit out of me.

Edit: lol Bendis. So basically he wrote this story a loooooong time ago with Peter and not Ock. Well you Superior haters have Peter back for $12 a month! Plus tie-ins!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

You'd be correct. That was blatantly quippy Pete, but I've seen issue preview of Spocktavius taking down some Ultrons with his little Spider-Bot legion. Keep bashing the square til it goes through the triangle hole, huh Marvel.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Since we're still talking American Vampire does the trade coming out next month go up to where the series went on hiatus?

I was making a reference to Fialkov's recent Comicvine interview where he talked about how people wouldn't read I, Vampire because of Twilight. Pretty hilarious stuff.

Found myself having to admit that I was soured on Vampires and it was one of the reasons I didn't get it. So I was pretty much that guy that he was talking about.

I think he is exclusively DC and anti-Marvel.

I'm not exclusive! I have a Bronze/Silver Age Inhuman's title that somehow got into my LOSH ebay lot that I won recently.

Oh, and I got the Ender's Game titles that Marvel did.

Just not into mainline Marvel. Doesn't interest me.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Talon is my favorite DC title out of the few I read. I want to know how it will go if the series stops being a spinoff Bat title.

Owzers

I was making a reference to Fialkov's recent Comicvine interview where he talked about how people wouldn't read I, Vampire because of Twilight. Pretty hilarious stuff.

Found myself having to admit that I was soured on Vampires and it was one of the reasons I didn't get it. So I was pretty much that guy that he was talking about.

.....i bought the first trade and liked it, yet i don't feel eager to read the second because of vampires. It's just not an interesting subject matter in I Vampire. I also read the first American Vampire trade and liked it more, i'll read the next one.

Still...vampires. Needs more zombies. I wouldn't say it's because of Twilight though, i watch True Blood and that's awful.

Blader

It was written before Superior happened, so it's Peter being written but Bendis and co. are just going to pretend now that it's Ock.

Fialkov's GLC/Red Lantern's looks good, those solicits built my interest for them

The way he explained his intentions for the books made it sound pretty awesome. Reaction (Cops, Green Lanterns) vs. Proaction (Red Lanterns). I'm definitely interested.

Acid08

Banned
It was written before Superior happened, so it's Peter being written but Bendis and co. are just going to pretend now that it's Ock.
But this while Superior thing had been planned for quite a while according to Slott. So either Bendis wasn't in on it or Ultron was written ever further back.

Cetra

Mother of god at that Thor cover. Holy sheeeeet. Loving the hell outta that series, best Marvel Now for me by far.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
But this while Superior thing had been planned for quite a while according to Slott. So either Bendis wasn't in on it or Ultron was written ever further back.

Wasn't Ultron supposed to be an event way before AvX or even Civil War?

frye

.....i bought the first trade and liked it, yet i don't feel eager to read the second because of vampires. It's just not an interesting subject matter in I Vampire. I also read the first American Vampire trade and liked it more, i'll read the next one.

Still...vampires. Needs more zombies. I wouldn't say it's because of Twilight though, i watch True Blood and that's awful.

zombies are the worst thing

worse than everything else combined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom