• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, Kaep has this weird vendetta against archers for some reason... Both Hawkeye and Green Arrow.

Probably childhood trauma or something though he just says he finds them boring.

It's okay though dude, we're still bros due to SF 49er allegiance.

Bendis' characterizations, especially during events is suspect at best; how could anyone tell who it's supposed to be?

If he's trying to write Peter, he sorta got it. If he's trying to write Otto, he's fucked as per usual.

FoneBone

I was thinking that, actually, there's nothing that's explicitly Peter there. They even saved their butts but having his masked ripped off. There's no reason to think Otto wouldn't have the same reactions to getting shit kicked out of him.

Really? He seems much too quippy to be in line with how Superior Spidey's been written thus far.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I probably don't rant enough about or even mention it in this topic at all, but IDW's TMNT comic is absolutely fucking incredible. Pulling together all the things from different continuitys to form one SUPER-CONTINUITY.
fIyLByL.jpg

MGS3 AND Flash Gordon references in this issue alone. I know I've seen people splooging over the Secret History of the Foot Clan artwork too on this very forum, but good lord.

IDW really set to work on becoming the king of those 80's cartoon franchises given new life with this, Ghostbusters, and Transformers. Thats a holy trinity if ever I saw one.

frye

There was that big-ass chart in one of the Avengers books back when it was the Heroic Age or whatever that mapped up most of the big events up to Age of Ultron and I don't think AvX was included.

Yeah they are doing good with TMNT. Santuluoco is going to be the ongoing artist in a month or two. Love the focus of the Neutrinos in this arc, hope they appear in the new show.

Acid08

Banned
.....i bought the first trade and liked it, yet i don't feel eager to read the second because of vampires. It's just not an interesting subject matter in I Vampire. I also read the first American Vampire trade and liked it more, i'll read the next one.

Still...vampires. Needs more zombies. I wouldn't say it's because of Twilight though, i watch True Blood and that's awful.
Yeah because if there's one thing that isn't played out as fuck, it's zombies.

Bro, listen to me and rafa more often. Now we have someone else to wave the TNNT flag.

Looks like I'll have to pick up the trades and catch up. From what I've seen, the series looks like a love-letter to the past 25 (if not more) years of the franchise.

But this while Superior thing had been planned for quite a while according to Slott. So either Bendis wasn't in on it or Ultron was written ever further back.

Hitch drew him as peter, and Bendis said he's been reworking the dialogue up to the last minute to make the event jibe with NOW!. So back when he wrote that issue it was peter, but ultimately it can be whoever he wants it to be.

Acid08

Banned
Hitch drew him as peter, and Bendis said he's been reworking the dialogue up to the last minute to make the event jibe with NOW!. So back when he wrote that issue it was peter, but ultimately it can be whoever he wants it to be.
Well he didn't do a great job on the first issue. That was all Peter.

Sara Pichelli is already giving McNiven a breather with issue four. Brah was given months and months of lead time and has apprentices. Crazy.

Il never undrstand why marvel repalces awesome tv shows with less awesome shows. i really enjoyed EMH.

also that hulk show looks intresting

disneyavhsmashmain.jpg

The Hulk show reminds me of Superheor Squad on the Hub. Getting a real kiddie vibe from it. And thanks Loeb for making the Avengers show myopic.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
IDW really set to work on becoming the king of those 80's cartoon franchises given new life with this, Ghostbusters, and Transformers. Thats a holy trinity if ever I saw one.

We need a M.A.S.K. ongoing. I'd buy every variant cover every month.

ElNarez

Banned
She draws Archer and Armstrong for Valiant brah. Think I'm the only one here who reads it since TToB went back to lurking.

Nah, I do too. It's fun times, but it's hard to find things to say other than "OH MAN THAT WAS A FUN COMIC WITH COOL IDEAS AND A TINGE OF SATIRE"

Owzers

i'm reading through Mighty Thor by Fraction on MDCU.....yikes. Through issues 2 and 3 i liked one scene involving Loki and Sif.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Im not sure i understand this strategy Marvel is using of cycling artists on some of the titles. I can see the benefit of using their star squad for the early issues but if youre just going to move them to another book youre just setting yourself up for failure once they're gone.

Owzers

Can anyone recommend me some comics to read over? I really enjoyed Irredeemable

I'd check out Halycon, a one trade mini that didn't get turned into an ongoing but is fun, and Invincible that's been going on for awhile.

oh god stop while you're ahead

these are not good comix

i'm not finding a lot of books to read on Marvel Unlimited since i read a lot of the minis they had before my sub ended last year. They have The Fearless....that any good?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
New Avengers #7

Is it finally going to happen?

Edit: Also, Stefano Caselli will be the next artist on Avengers. Mike Deodato will be the next artist on New Avengers.

Namor haters finally get silenced when Namor puts PB in his place?(almost impossible but it would be funny as fuck)

Mike Deo taking over New Avengers.....fuck yes!!!!
Good times coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom