• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frye

That's weird. Can't say that I've noticed it in Lemire's JLD, but then I never did read Milligan's JLD and I don't have that much exposure to Constantine but I'm aware of his character and some background.

Do you have any examples?

I don't have the issue with me anymore - sorry. But like I said: it's not a super concrete reaction... more of a visceral "yeah, John wouldn't talk like this" than anything that I can articulate.

It's not a big deal if you don't notice it, though.

With teachers like Mystique, Sauron, Mojo, Wendigo and Master Pandemonium

KuGsj.gif

Sign me up for the Hellfire Academy

akira28

She draws Archer and Armstrong for Valiant brah. Think I'm the only one here who reads it since TToB went back to lurking.

Nah I'm re-collecting most of the Valiants too. I'll snub Solar, because I never liked it.

I'm pleased with her interpretation of the PG uniform, though.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody have any suggestions on how to get rid of a crapton of comics? Nothing valuable, mostly early to mid 90's EXTREME stuff and modern era Image, Dark Horse, and Vertigo. May just give them away but I'd like to get something for them if possible, may just set some super low price per comic and sell as a batch on Craigslist or something like that.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to get rid of a crapton of comics? Nothing valuable, mostly early to mid 90's EXTREME stuff and modern era Image, Dark Horse, and Vertigo. May just give them away but I'd like to get something for them if possible, may just set some super low price per comic and sell as a batch on Craigslist or something like that.

There's one store in the country that buys by the pound. Somewhere on the West Coast, if you're there.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Donate em to a children's hospital and use it a small tax write off.

Troll

Banned
That picture is like everything that was awesome about the X-Men back in the 1990s

Guess I should start reading WatXM

You should ask how Gaf feels about WatXM.

Comic-GAF, are you FOR or AGAINST him reading the entire run?

Thanks to Marvel Unlimited I've been reading the new Daredevil series and I can't stress enough how perfect it is. I'd rank it up with Immortal Iron Fist in as far as how much I love it.

As a kid I read a lot of The Phantom which was (and maybe still is) the biggest superhero comic in Sweden. The Nordic countries have their own version which sometimes were quite awesome, I mostly enjoyed the flashbacks to his forefathers where it chronicled their adventures, like the third Phantom who was an actor under Williams Shakespeare. These were mostly in black and white I know I have an omnibus of just black and white flashback stories somewhere, and some of them are among the best comics I've read. (This was many years ago so maybe they don't hold up.)

But I always thought that if someone were to do a re-imagining of him it would have the possibility to be one of the most awesome reads ever. Does something like that exist?

I am 110% FOR Wolverine and the X-Men. How can you deny the new face of mutantdom? God bless Idie Okonkwo.

2080299-watx_idie_2.jpg

I've been rereading it this weekend. Such the most fantastic book. The way it seamlessly interweaves crossovers and other books (Uncanny X-Force) into its narrative is pretty much unprecedented, except maybe for Invincible Iron Man.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
As a kid I read a lot of The Phantom which was (and maybe still is) the biggest superhero comic in Sweden. The Nordic countries have their own version which sometimes were quite awesome, I mostly enjoyed the flashbacks to his forefathers where it chronicled their adventures, like the third Phantom who was an actor under Williams Shakespeare. These were mostly in black and white I know I have an omnibus of just black and white flashback stories somewhere, and some of them are among the best comics I've read. (This was many years ago so maybe they don't hold up.)

But I always thought that if someone were to do a re-imagining of him it would have the possibility to be one of the most awesome reads ever. Does something like that exist?

Conceptually The Invincible Iron Fist does a lot with the fact that he's part of a long lasting legacy and will devote entire chapters to the stories of previous Iron Fists.

Conceptually The Invincible Iron Fist does a lot with the fact that he's part of a long lasting legacy and will devote entire chapters to the stories of previous Iron Fists.

Is that the one that Fraction and Brubaker co-wrote or is that Immortal Iron Fist?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah sorry, Immortal. Damn you Iron Man.

Immortal Iron Fist should be in a museum and revered by all.

I wish they'd put out an all-inclusive omnibus, though. As it is, they included the first three trades in an omnibus, and left the last two out of it. Also toss in Immortal Weapons just because.

I'd buy it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Spider book solicits are out. No idea what's going on with Superior but it's something. Also Kaine and Logan team up, so good.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I wish they'd put out an all-inclusive omnibus, though. As it is, they included the first three trades in an omnibus, and left the last two out of it. Also toss in Immortal Weapons just because.

I'd buy it.

It would go down as one of the finest pieces of the medium ever created.

frye

Whaaaaaaat.

You guys aren't serious are you? Those post-Bru/Frac/Aja Iron Fists are aight but they're not Bru/Frac/Aja Iron Fist, y'know?

Acid08

Banned
Whaaaaaaat.

You guys aren't serious are you? Those post-Bru/Frac/Aja Iron Fists are aight but they're not Bru/Frac/Aja Iron Fist, y'know?

Story wise that last arc delivered. I'm not a Foreman fan though so the art almost killed it for me. But yeah of course I would have rather had the original team do it.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
WatXM is like the only X-book with a genuine forward thinking purpose behind it I feel. ANXM can only ever be a short lived gimmick that has an end point, no matter how fun the ride; Uncanny X-Men is just... I don't even know, all the X-Forces will pale to Remenders, and we'll see what the driving point behind Wood's X-Men is beyond "CHICK FIGHTS".

5pv4ITp.jpg

WatXM though, its like the first time I've given a shit about the young students at the school potentially becoming 'the new X-Men'. Making Quire an awesome character took a lot of work, hopefully Broo will come back to his old self, and of course Kid Apocalypse is always good stuff. Idie is... ehhh, she's a bit too one track and they need to wrap up this dumb "AM I A MONSTER" bullshit with Hellfire Academy arc so she can get onto new stuff. I also really like Warbird and nuAngel rounding out the cast with SharkGirl and i guess CAPTAIN EYES. Kid Gladiator needs to come back.

Book definitely fell into a bit of a pit with AvX and the shitty circus arc, but it seems to be back on form now.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #9 said:
The hottest comic in comics comes to a turning point that will get you angrier than you were after Spidey #700!

Boy I remember Spidey comic writing before it was just gimmicky trolling.

What are the best Marvel 616 titles of the last four years?

hummmm

We got
Uncanny X-Force
Daredevil
Wolverine and the X-Men
Hickman's Fantastic Four/FF
Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers
Hawkguy

And I'm just going to go ahead and put Latour/Klein's Winter Soldier on there, even though there's only two issues so far. It's that phenomenal.

the chris

Boy I remember Spidey comic writing before it was just gimmicky trolling.

I actually don't care about Peter Parker "dying" because everyone knows he will be back eventually, but Dan Slott's constant trolling about how everyone will hate him pissed me off more. The variant cover below also seemed like a stupid idea to troll your fanbase.
ANz2gdf.jpg

Owzers

uh lol, aren't they all about digital publishing?

i'm curious to see what they announce but i expect disappointment if AR comics are a hint of marvel's future. Bleeding cool is guessing that one announcement is an audio comic.

Yeah......nothing says a combination of art + story like getting rid of the art. :O

SolKane

Can I get some opinions on the Dark Horse Alien/Predator comics?

I was watching a video earlier today about the Predator, and after some digging found that Dark Horse has released several omnibi edition of their comics. I remember really liking the Aliens comics I read when I was younger, and this has sort of sparked an interested today in me revisiting some comics. I haven't read any comics seriously in a period of 4-5 years, but I'll be going to the book store later today to see if they have anything in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom