• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead parents drive rich orphan on personnal vendetta against the criminal world.
Can't wait.

that said I loved the Batman Zero issue. on a hopefull note maybe Morrison gone, Snyder will get the chance to drive Batman and have some of his ideas made cannon.

he can do meaningfull and smart stuff. Morrison is often hit or miss.

It was really crazy that Snyder hyped up this Joker story for months and then Morrison smokes him on actual impact only like two weeks later.

So weird.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I've read all of Snyder's run so far, but ill wait and see on this new arc and buy the trade if it is well received.

I would buy a Tim Drake Robin book regardless of creators.

Im buying Vibe #1 when it hits $1.99 digitally if Comixology ever works again. But JLA #1 was not good and didn't help the cause at all.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It was really crazy that Snyder hyped up this Joker story for months and then Morrison smokes him on actual impact only like two weeks later.

So weird.

Not really when you consider he's been hamstrung by Inc the whole time. DotF works, but reading it again and thinking "What if he killed Damian in the last issue?" adds the missing punch. That said there is no way he would have been allowed to do such a thing. Damian and everything associated with him was probably off-limits. It'll be fun to see what he can do when he doesn't need to worry about messing up the main book/is allowed to play with everything.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Comixology's working perfectly over here, but the fact that I'm not American might be able to explain that.

Owzers

Batman Inc has been great.

Death of the family will be remembered as that book with joker wearing his face as a mask, a sight gag, and not much more.

Blader

Not really when you consider he's been hamstrung by Inc the whole time. DotF works, but reading it again and thinking "What if he killed Damian in the last issue?" adds the missing punch. That said there is no way he would have been allowed to do such a thing. Damian and everything associated with him was probably off-limits. It'll be fun to see what he can do when he doesn't need to worry about messing up the main book/is allowed to play with everything.

Fuck that. I really like Snyder's Batman (more so than most people here at least), but no one but Morrison should be allowed to write, let alone kill, Damian.

The punch that was missing from Death of the Family wasn't that no one actually died, but that whatever the Joker said/did to make the others lose faith (or something) in Bruce wasn't revealed at all. It was a story that just skipped the climax and went straight to the resolution.

pulga

Banned
Fuck that. I really like Snyder's Batman (more so than most people here at least), but no one but Morrison should be allowed to write, let alone kill, Damian.

The punch that was missing from Death of the Family wasn't that no one actually died, but that whatever the Joker said/did to make the others lose faith (or something) in Bruce wasn't revealed at all. It was a story that just skipped the climax and went straight to the resolution.

Plus are they really going to star away from Bruce now that Damian is dead? Bunch of cunts if they do.

So, considering they won't probably cold-shoulder Batman...how did the Family die?

Lousy timing by DC, Morrison undermined any good will Snyder had going for him.

I only browse this thread occasionally, so this might be dumb. Is synder writing any other books besides batman? I'm reading his run of batman on TPB so i haven't caught up to the current story. I heard they kill off
Robin
and now i read they didn't really?

Dysun

Snyder going back into the past for a year is not a bad idea. There are still 4 other bat books and I imagine the finale of Morrisons arc will have the big impact from Robins death anyway.

ericexpo

So is the year off a way of avoiding the whole
Damian
thing. Will we come back and fallout of
Damian death and bruce coping with that
and the death in the family stuff would have passed.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I actually spoke too soon. I queued up 210 downloads but they all have download errors.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So is the year off a way of avoiding the whole
Damian
thing. Will we come back and fallout of
Damian death and bruce coping with that
and the death in the family stuff would have passed.

Snyder probably figured since he has to let Morrison do his thing anyway, he may as well get out of the way and go back in time so he can do his own thing/set up a future arc. This is why having like 12 books about one character is too much, everyone's going to be tripping all over each other if they aren't careful.

Troll

Banned
Batman: Zero Year
Due to the nature of the New 52 in bringing new origins to many in the comics, a question has remained what has and hasn't happened with Batman? Snyder's plan is to show us how Batman found his calling and what challenges he first encountered. The story will be an 11-issue story beginning with June's issue #21 with art by Greg Capullo.

So, the trade should hit in 2016?

Can you people recommend me some good graphic novels and comics to read.
I have only read Watchmen, Sandman and Scott Pilgrim. Loved all 3 of them a lot.
I want to try my hand at proper conventional superhero comics. I am interested in X-Men since I like the movies and the old X-Men cartoon. So can you people recommend me which series I should start reading which has the origin of the mutants as well.
Also how are the new Watchmen spinoff comics?

Troll

Banned
I have only read Watchmen, Sandman and Scott Pilgrim. Loved all 3 of them a lot.
I want to try my hand at proper conventional superhero comics. I am interested in X-Men since I like the movies and the old X-Men cartoon. So can you people recommend me which series I should start reading which has the origin of the mutants as well.

Read Preacher. It's 9 volumes and one of the best comic runs ever.

As far as X-Men go, get Whedon's Astonishing run, Mike Carey's Legacy run, Remender's X-Force and Morrison's All New X-men.

why? you can download them whenever. 500 new comics for me doesn't seem pointless, even if only like 30 of them are currently on my iPad lol

If I can't get their website to load a page for me, so I can add any of the free comics to my cart, and then have it actually STAY in my cart all the way through the procedure so that they become mine to read, before the promotion ends. Then yes it's a pointless promotion to me.

I'm not even talking about dowloading the books, I can't even add the few books I want to my cart and have them stay there. I have to try and load the page with the list of books 5 - 10 times before it'll actually load. Then I'll click to add them to my cart and click check out and get another round of can't load page errors, and then the your cart is empty page.

pulga

Banned

Quickly going to say Y: The Last Man to get it out of the way.

^^ Preacher is godly.

Locke and Key is awesome as well, and there's only like 3 more issues to go until it ends.

If I can't get their website to load a page for me, so I can add any of the free comics to my cart, and then have it actually STAY in my cart all the way through the procedure so that they become mine to read, before the promotion ends. Then yes it's a pointless promotion to me.

I'm not even talking about dowloading the books, I can't even add the few books I want to my cart and have them stay there. I have to try and load the page with the list of books 5 - 10 times before it'll actually load. Then I'll click to add them to my cart and click check out and get another round of can't load page errors, and then the your cart is empty page.

Oh I just assumed everyone was using the apps.

prv15613_pg6.jpg

CAnt wait

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=15613

Read Preacher. It's 9 volumes and one of the best comic runs ever.

As far as X-Men go, get Whedon's Astonishing run, Mike Carey's Legacy run, Remender's X-Force and Morrison's All New X-men.
Thanks. Looked up Preacher. Sounds interesting, will definitely give it a read. Looked up the wikipedia pages of those X-Men series as well and I pretty much dont know most of the characters. I was hoping for some series which is like the start of X-Men and tells the origin of all the characters.

Quickly going to say Y: The Last Man to get it out of the way.

^^ Preacher is godly.

Locke and Key is awesome as well, and there's only like 3 more issues to go until it ends.

Looked up Y:The Last Man and it sounds awesome. Already ordered its volume 1.

Dead

well not really...yet
11 issue Origin Run?

Why so long? Just because Nolan's movies are way too long and a slog to get through doesn't mean the comic should be as well.

Fuck, Miller did it in 4.

Owzers

DC is trying to make Marvel double shipping look great with all these long somewhat dull story arcs that drain all your excitement for the book.

frye

Shit, the new B&B is almost bordering on competency. Looks like Harras and Chase learned some new tricks in the month since the last one.

So what is wrong with long runs? His Black Mirror and Court of Owls were long. This is suddenly a bad thing?
Court of Owls was definitely too long for its own good. I couldn't say about Black Mirror because
I dropped Detective after the first story (the leg hallucination thing? Vultures? I can't even remember.)

Comixology won't work for me. At one point I had all of the Marvel Now! #1s in my cart but it crashed on me and they disappeared. Looks like you can enter an email for information on the Marvel promotion. Perhaps they'll extend the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom