• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman Family solicitations for June are up on Bleeding Cool. I thought Batman, Inc. #12 was supposed to be Morrison's finale? The solicitation for the issue doesn't make mention of this at all, unlike his final issue of Action Comics. Maybe he's not leaving the book with #12?

Batman Family June 2013 solicitations

Probably been extended at least one issue.

And I guess it really is The New 50 now, at least for one month. Unless DC is going to rush-solicit a couple #1s closer to June.

Owzers

Do my eyes deceive me or are some of these DC books more money?

4.99 Superman Unchained?
3.99 Superman/Batman with no back-up or digital code

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #1
Written by GREG PAK
Art and cover by JAE LEE
1:100 B&W variant cover by JAE LEE
1:25 BATMAN variant cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
1:25 SUPERMAN variant cover by GUILLEM MARCH
“We Can Be Heroes” blank variant cover available
On sale JUNE 5 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

Worse value than Marvel comics we all complain about now?

Also, who asked for this?

ABSOLUTE LUTHOR/JOKER HC
Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO
Art by LEE BERMEJO and MICK GRAY
Cover by LEE BERMEJO
ADVANCE SOLICITED • On sale OCTOBER 23 • 384 pg, FC, 8.125” x 12.25”, $99.99 US
Two of DC’s greatest villains take center stage in this new Absolute edition from Eisner Award winning writer Brian Azzarello and artist Lee Bermejo! This slipcase contains two hardcovers and collects the LUTHOR: MAN OF STEEL 5-issue miniseries and the original graphic novel JOKER, along with sketchbook pages and more!

The absolute format is dead, long live the omnibus.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Do my eyes deceive me or are some of these DC books more money?

4.99 Superman Unchained?
3.99 Superman/Batman with no back-up or digital code

It's also weird that it says Superman Unchained is 32 pages, despite having a backup.

Owzers

What's the difference between Absolute and Omnibus?

Absolutes are taller and i really like the format, but also really expensive while collecting a small amount of issues.

Omnibus collections are oversized, same dimensions as Marvel's, and collect a larger amount of issues for the price

It's also weird that it says Superman Unchained is 32 pages, despite having a backup.

I'd like to find out what's up....hopefully one of these newsites will raise the question. My guess is either:

Superman Unchained 4.99 w/back-up, 5.99 combo pack
Superman Batman 3.99 without back-up, 4.99 combo pack.

or both are misprints and everything is lowered a dollar across the board.

ReiGun

BATWOMEN
Written by J.H. WILLIAMS III and W. HADEN BLACKMAN
Art by FRANCISCO FRANCAVILLA

YES.gif
Yeah BOI!

This week's Marvel. Previews here. Getting the bolded. I am almost sure this is the final issue of X-Treme, but I couldn't care less. Ultimate X-Men has been going nowhere.

Age of Ultron #2
Alpha: Big Time #2
Avengers Arena #6
Avengers Assemble #13
Avenging Spider-Man #18
Fantastic Four #5
Fearless Defenders #2
Marvel Universe Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes #12
Secret Avengers #2
Thor: God of Thunder #6
Thunderbolts #6
Ultimate Comics Wolverine #1
Ultimate Comics X-Men #24
Uncanny X-Men #3
Wolverine #1
Wolverine and the X-Men #26
X-Men Legacy #7
X-Treme X-Men #12

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
This week's Marvel. Previews here. Getting the bolded. I am almost sure this is the final issue of X-Treme, but I couldn't care less. Ultimate X-Men has been going nowhere.

Age of Ultron #2
Alpha: Big Time #2
Avengers Arena #6
Avengers Assemble #13
Avenging Spider-Man #18
Fantastic Four #5
Fearless Defenders #2
Marvel Universe Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes #12
Secret Avengers #2
Thor: God of Thunder #6
Thunderbolts #6
Ultimate Comics Wolverine #1
Ultimate Comics X-Men #24
Uncanny X-Men #3
Wolverine #1
Wolverine and the X-Men #26
X-Men Legacy #7
X-Treme X-Men #12

You're getting Fearless Defenders but not Thor? I might have to give away all of the codes of the previous issues to amend this.

You're getting Fearless Defenders but not Thor? I might have to give away all of the codes of the previous issues to amend this.

I just can't seem to care about Thor, but I get that it's good. I figure Fearless Defenders is going to be cancelled before 12 issues, so I'm here for the ride with Dani Moonstar - good or bad! It can't be a worse time for her than when she was a schoolmom/counselor/wimp.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
fantastic week, can't wait:

locke & key
the manhattan projects
nowhere men
thor: god of thunder

and also batman & uncanny x-men are on the "better be good" list

Quake1028

Another big, awesome week:

Dark Horse
STAR WARS #3

DC Comics
BATMAN #18
INJUSTICE GODS AMONG US #9

Image Comics
NOWHERE MEN #4

Marvel Comics
AGE OF ULTRON #2
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #13
FEARLESS DEFENDERS #2
SECRET AVENGERS #2
THOR GOD OF THUNDER #6
UNCANNY X-MEN #3
WOLVERINE AND X-MEN #26

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Comixology is still down even after discontinuing the promotion. If this isn't fixed by Wednesday, there will be hell to pay.

This is the one and only time Dark Horse's app looks good. I'll read some Terminator comics.

Dysun

Batman 18
Batman and Robin 18
Green Lantern Corps 18

Age of Ultron 2
Thor 6
Uncanny X-Men 3
Wolverine 1

Hope Ultron doesn't suck again and Wolverine is worth picking up

Loxley

Are there any opinions around here on the Kindle Fire for reading comics? I have no place that sells comics near me and have decided to try and embrace one of the available e-readers.

Owzers

Are there any opinions around here on the Kindle Fire for reading comics? I have no place that sells comics near me and have decided to try and embrace one of the available e-readers.

do you already own the 7'' one? I'd go 8.9'' just for a larger size, i used comixology a little on the kindle fire hd 7'' i had and returned, it was okay but small. If you want to use panel-panel guided view then it's not a problem.

I'm enjoying Slott's run on Superior Spider-Man more this year than the vast majority of issues he's done last year(although his first year remains the best, so far). Five issues of this weird ass status quo, and I've rather liked every one.

Well, the Ramos issues are coming up, let me hold my tongue

bryanee

In regards to Damian dying in Batman Inc, do you reckon Bruce might go off the deep end and start being a little brutal with the bad guys? Having Todd die is one thing but you gotta think that having your son die might fuck you up a bit.

akira28

In regards to Damian dying in Batman Inc, do you reckon Bruce might go off the deep end and start being a little brutal with the bad guys? Having Todd die is one thing but you gotta think that having your son die might fuck you up a bit.

well he did it the last time a Robin died, they could do it again, since they figure everyone forgot angry loner Bat. But they might decide that it's a lot contrived and maybe try something else.

Chuck

Still without luck
Not to sound like a noob, which i totally am, but don't all these Batman stories take place at different points in time? The idea being that Damien's death didn't happen in the Batman main series yet, as well as detective or whatever else.

Or am I thinking too logically? I honestly don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom