• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

big giant

Banned
Why wait?
Scenario 1 : Inc is cancelled, and the whole Batman sponsored thing gets so minimal in batbooks that it disappears entirely no questions asked.

Scenario 2 : Inc goes on, and nobody at DC can steward the concept. Nobody. Neither Snyder, nor Lemire. Azzarello might do ok. The Inc concept could be turned into an caped investigators story whih fits his style well.
I wouldn't be surprised if Morrison shuttles Incorporated by the end -
Damian's death
suggests he's built in the usual "all returns to the centre"/franchise-management closure to his story. Ploughing on with the desiccated corpse of the idea just adds insult to New Nightwing© Costume! injury.

I was going to say DLs were working but spoke to soon. One stopped right in the middle. :/

Seems like the best bet is to go through yours "My Comics" purchases page. Anything that's missing that you know you "bought" is under Jank Arrest and won't be downloadable. Everything seems to be going okay.

I bet they do this for .1's someday...

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I was going to say DLs were working but spoke to soon. One stopped right in the middle. :/

Seems like the best bet is to go through yours "My Comics" purchases page. Anything that's missing that you know you "bought" is under Jank Arrest and won't be downloadable. Everything seems to be going okay.

I bet they do this for .1's someday...

Downloads are working fine for me now, but they didn't record like 40 of the ones I 'purchased'. Hopefully they can handle the load when they go live again.

Owzers

145 Ravagers 9 $2.99 DC 14,223
146 Star Wars Dawn of the Jedi Prisoner of Bogan 3 $2.99 Dark Horse 14,145
147 Bedlam 4 $3.50 Image 13,912
148 Stormwatch 17 $2.99 DC 13,657
149 Demon Knights 17 $2.99 DC 13,571
150 Django Unchained 2 $3.99 DC 13,554
151 Dial H 9 $2.99 DC 13,541

152 X-O Manowar 10 $3.99 Valiant 13,504
153 Snapshot 1 $2.99 Image 13,337
154 Fury Max 9 $3.99 Marvel 13,283
155 Team 7 5 $2.99 DC 13,005
156 Conan The Barbarian 13 $3.50 Dark Horse 13,000
157 TMNT Secret Foot Clan 3 $3.99 IDW 12,868
158 JSA Liberty Files The Whistling Skull 3 $2.99 DC 12,851
159 Doctor Who Prisoners of Time 2 $3.99 IDW 12,730
160 Dark Tower Gunslinger Sheemies Tale 2 $3.99 Marvel 12,723
161 Deathstroke 17 $2.99 DC 12,626
162 Batwing 17 $2.99 DC 12,595

163 Son of Merlin 1 $1.00 Image 12,575
164 Shadowman 4 $3.99 Valiant 12,531
165 Hellblazer 300 $4.99 DC 12,522
166 Rocketeer Hollywood Horror 1 $3.99 IDW 12,488
167 Savage Hawkman 17 $2.99 DC 12,376
168 Ame Comi Girls 5 $3.99 DC 12,343
169 Sword of Sorcery 5 $3.99 DC 12,334

170 Harbinger 9 $3.99 Valiant 12,222
171 DC Universe Presents 17 $2.99 DC 11,985
172 I Vampire 17 $2.99 DC 11,833
173 Arrow 4 $3.99 DC 11,581

174 Bloodshot 8 $3.99 Valiant 11,557
175 Judge Dredd 4 $3.99 IDW 11,512
176 Archer & Armstrong 7 $3.99 Valiant 11,494
177 Star Wars Agent of the Empire Hard Targets 5 $2.99 Dark Horse 11,103
178 Fury of Firestorm The Nuclear Man 17 $2.99 DC 11,100
179 Fairy Quest 1 $3.99 Boom 10,728
180 Americas Got Powers 5 $2.99 Image 10,660
181 Doctor Who Vol. 3 6 $3.99 IDW 10,579
182 Transformers Spotlight Megatron One Shot
$3.99 IDW 10,356
183 Star Trek Ongoing 17 $3.99 IDW 10,321
184 Doctor Who Vol. 3 5 $3.99 IDW 10,271
185 BPRD Hell On Earth 104 $3.50 Dark Horse 10,269
186 Star Trek Ongoing 18 $3.99 IDW 10,210
187 BPRD 1948 5 $3.50 Dark Horse 10,172
188 Locke & Key Omega 3 $3.99 IDW 10,130
189 Magic The Gathering Path of Vengeance 3 $4.99 IDW 10,093
190 Transformers More Than Meets Eye 13 $3.99 IDW 10,051
191 Massive 9 $3.50 Dark Horse 9,936
192 Transformers Robots In Disguise 14 $3.99 IDW 9,874
193 Transformers Regeneration One 88 $3.99 IDW 9,782
194 Star Trek Next Generation Hive 4 $3.99 IDW 9,777
195 Legend of Luther Strode 3 $3.50 Image 9,416
196 My Little Pony 1 & 2 Hot Topic Pack $3.99 IDW 8,988
197 Dejah Thoris & Green Men of Mars 1 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 8,932
198 Warlord of Mars 23 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 8,768
199 Bravest Warriors 5 $3.99 Boom 8,652
200 Clone 4 $2.99 Image 8,589
201 Sonic The Hedgehog 245 $2.99 Archie 8,490
202 Morning Glories 24 $3.99 Image 8,364
203 Unwritten 46 $2.99 DC 8,352
204 Great Pacific 4 $2.99 Image 8,102
205 Baltimore Widow & The Tank One Shot
$3.50 Dark Horse 8,071
206 Vampirella Strikes 2 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 7,972
207 Transformers Prime Rage of the Dinobots 3 $3.99 IDW 7,821
208 Five Weapons 1 $3.50 Image 7,721
209 Crossed Annual 2013 1 $5.99 Avatar 7,613
210 Transformers Prime Rage of the Dinobots 4 $3.99 IDW 7,609
211 Crossed Badlands 23 $3.99 Avatar 7,543
212 G.I. Joe A Real American Hero 187 $3.99 IDW 7,489
213 Joe Kubert Presents 5 $4.99 DC 7,288
214 Crossed Badlands 24 $3.99 Avatar 7,279
215 Uncanny Skullkickers 1 $3.50 Image 7,271
216 Pathfinder 5 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 7,159
217 Young Justice 25 $2.99 DC 7,136

109 Threshold 2 $3.99 DC 18,389
112 Phantom Stranger 5 $2.99 DC 18,032
128 Legion of Super Heroes 17 $2.99 DC 16,242

I didn't know things were this bad at the tail end. Batman Inc #12 should have 50 covers, each with a different member on them. Red She Hulk struggling too.

DC's June stuff looks like it should be really strong though in Superman Unchained, Superman Batman, the GL relaunch with a new Larfleeze book that escaped Threshold's tanking. Trinity of Sin : Pandora might do well based on event hype.

I get flak for being a DC fanboy and not drinking the Marvel koolaid but seriously, some of the hyperbole that goes on in regards to DC is just over the top and comical. Month in and month out their numbers are up so obviously they are appealing to somebody.

It's funny to me how polar opposite this board is, compared to the LCS's and readers in my area. I know this is all anecdotal evidence and such but it's like the exact opposite of ComicGAF. Just in general things seem much more evenly spaced across the big two. I find much less hyperbole and way more people who like/read both.

The Marvel koolaid at ComicGAF is powerfully strong though.

Owzers

It's funny to me how polar opposite this board is, compared to the LCS's and readers in my area. I know this is all anecdotal evidence and such but it's like the exact opposite of ComicGAF. Just in general things seem much more evenly spaced across the big two. I find much less hyperbole and way more people who like/read both.

When you finish reading 34 issues of Rotworld you don't come out the same person as you started. It changes you. It involves swearing and remorse. Imagine AvX going for 34 issues...

I saw some picture of when Superboy died in Infinite Crisis and it reminded me why I'm uninterested in DC. Decades of stuff just flung off the table.

I don't think it's "kool aid" to have that opinion, to be honest. It was a fundamental "BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. WHOA, BACK UP" move for the company and I don't have to be a zombie to say "Yeah, no thanks."

Marvel Now has been superior in every way to new 52. My biggest reason for jumping off the DC train though had to do with the crazy editorial decisions that most LCS guys are completely oblivious to. Also Death of the Family awful. Literally nothing happened.

Marvel Now has been superior in every way to new 52. My biggest reason for jumping off the DC train though had to do with the crazy editorial decisions that most LCS guys are completely oblivious to. Also Death of the Family awful. Literally nothing happened.

Yeah, I don't see that as kool aid. It's not like I don't repeatedly try out DC books all the time, in hopes that they'll wow me.

My personal Legion of Super Heroes crusade continues! Just got Legionaires #1-81 today. Puts me close to having everything from '89 onwards.

whoa nice

DC's June stuff looks like it should be really strong though in Superman Unchained, Superman Batman, the GL relaunch with a new Larfleeze book that escaped Threshold's tanking. Trinity of Sin : Pandora might do well based on event hype.

Young Justice was good, they should have kept it

I don't think I care about any of that new June stuff except the Jae Lee art

:(

I think was buying more DC books than Marvel during the beginnings of the new 52. I have steadily dropped all but:

Wonder Woman
Dial H (will probably get cancelled :\ )
Batwoman
Batman Inc (ending this year)
Batman (on the chopping block)

Hey guys,

I am trying to sync my Marvel.com account with my Comixology account, but somehow it is not working. (It says my account and password is invalid) I do not even have access to my digital comics at the marvel.com store, either. Instead to link me to comicstore.marvel.com/my-comics, it redirects me to the front page comicstore.marvel.com. Could it be an aftermath from the free issue chaos? I registered my Marvel account today to redeem my digital comic codes, I got with the Marvel now comics.

Hey guys,

I am trying to sync my Marvel.com account with my Comixology account, but somehow it is not working. (It says my account and password is invalid) I do not even have access to my digital comics at the marvel.com store, either. Instead to link me to comicstore.marvel.com/my-comics, it redirects me to the front page comicstore.marvel.com. Could it be an aftermath from the free issue chaos? I registered my Marvel account today to redeem my digital comic codes, I got with the Marvel now comics.

I'd say that's a pretty safe bet. The Comixology support account (@cmxsupport) has been repeatedly telling people "not at 100%" this morning

Dysun

Serious lack of Aquaman on these lists. The best comic out of the new 52 and probably the best reason for why it should exist

You can only get shouted down so many times before you stop caring enough to argue against the popular opinion of where the discussion is happening. My area, for example is pretty evenly split Marvel and DC bias though.

Owzers

Did it get better? It started as lameballs Aquaman jokes and lazy Johnsiolence.

About the same quality as Justice League currently is too, or how his recent Flash run was. Black Manta arc was indeed better than Trench-eating-people-until-they-go-away arc, but Throne of Atlantis crossover merged the quality of the titles and issue #17 after the crossover, the quality did not jump back up. I'm still picking it up and mostly enjoying it, apart from #17 as mentioned. The Black Manta arc brought in a team dynamic that Johns did well playing off of, though at the expense of making Aquaman seem angry and a little boring.

Dial H is bizarre but fun, started rereading the first 3 issues so i can progress through the rest.

ReiGun

Serious lack of Aquaman on these lists. The best comic out of the new 52 and probably the best reason for why it should exist
I've been championing Aquaman forever, but no one listens to me. :(

My pull list is pretty evenly divided between the two since Marvel Now started. I keep trying to figure out why folks consider Marvel so much more superior. It always just feels like the same shit to me: good and bad on both sides. *shrug*

I've been championing Aquaman forever, but no one listens to me. :(

My pull list is pretty evenly divided between the two since Marvel Now started. I keep trying to figure out why folks consider Marvel so much more superior. It always just feels like the same shit to me: good and bad on both sides. *shrug*

Except one of them didn't like at decades of cool shit and go:
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

One more day? Civil War, Secret Invasion cleaning up the mess?

Despite the "reboots" there is a direct line from Precrisis to post crisis to flashpoint to New 52. It all "still happened."

ReiGun

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I suppose so.

Maybe that's it: I didn't start reading comics till the tail end before the New 52, so I'm not as upset at losing the way things used to be. I just figure they can make new cool shit. Or bring the old cool shit back. As long as I enjoy the books, doesn't matter to me either way.

Fantomex? Claremont's Excalibur mythology? Even the New friggin' Universe? There are a zillion examples of great ideas being used as a springboard for new stories in the MU. DC took away that opportunity forever.

Retconning individual storylines is not the same thing as pulling the tablecloth out from under decades of continuity for an entire universe.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Despite the "reboots" there is a direct line from Precrisis to post crisis to flashpoint to New 52. It all "still happened."

what exactly did secret invasion and civil war reboot?

Owzers

I would have been happier if they reimagined the DC Universe from scratch as opposed to the tepid " some stuff stays, some doesn't." Some books continue their plotlines like normal, some are starting over, some characters are gone, some aren't, Action Comics starts with his younger days, Superman doesn't. Justice League starts sometime early? Batman doesn't.

And maybe there just isn't a good time to start every franchise from scratch, but maybbbbbbbe that's because you shouldn't do that in the first place.

nothing. in fact they both had consequces had major impact on the MU. Initiative lasted till siege. and Norman osborn became king of the world after SI.

So true. I've been going through some of the 1's I downloaded and, yeah, huge ramifications all the way around, in ways that still resonate to the present day.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Secret Invasion "fixed" Civil Wars mess. LolImASkrull to fix deaths / stupid actions.

secret invasion didnt fix anything. and those dead from civil war im pretty sure are still dead. unless bill foster is walking around somewhere alive

Secret Invasion "fixed" Civil Wars mess. LolImASkrull to fix deaths / stupid actions.

no it didnt the only person who was a skull was hank pym. and he built the thor clone that killed Goliath. in fact it made it easer for the skrulls to invade if anything. there was no big swerve.

all the people the died in civil war are dead.

hell if you read avengers academy speedball is still dealing with the aftermath. the only way he could use his power for a while was to be in a suilt lined with spikes to feel pain. there were many consequences to civil war and secret invasion did nothing but make more consequences.

Yeah, I think "retcons" are very different than "reboots". DC literally restarted the universe.

The events that led up to COIE still happened. They had to, to cause COIE. The events leading up to Flashpoint still happened. They had to, to cause Flashpoint. New 52 can trace its lineage and story line all the way back to the beginning. Everything still "happened". Why does the restart suddenly nullify that?

Also, anyone who was into DC between COIE and Flashpoint was enjoying the 2nd of 3 "rebooted universes". They weren't even fans of the original. Or were but were enjoying a rebooted universe. So, why was the 2nd good but the 3rd not? Why was the 2nd reboot okay but the 3rd not?

Difference is the other reboots did not change things as drastically as this one did and left large portion of character history in tact which this one did not.

I dropped DC with the reboot. Ruined all my pull list completely.

Difference is the other reboots did not change things as drastically as this one did and left large portion of character history in tact which this one did not.

You are joking if you think COIE didn't drastically change characters history.

The simple truth is: If you like DC at all in the past you probably liked a rebooted version (anything 1985 onwards). So why people can accept that reboot but not this one is just plain bizarre.

WHAT???

COIE changed MAJOR things. Lex Luthor for instance was basically a new character. So Wally West was now the only Flash, no Jay or Barry. Superman's origin was modified, his parents were now alive. I mean there were a ton of changes from COIE, we could be here all day listing them.

You are joking if you think COIE didn't drastically change characters history.

WHAT???

COIE changed MAJOR things. Lex Luthor for instance was basically a new character. So Wally West was now the only Flash, no Jay or Barry. Superman's origin was modified, his parents were now alive. I mean there were a ton of changes from COIE, we could be here all day listing them.

Wally being Flash was a result of Barry's death during CoIE. It had nothing to do with any continuity changes, as Barry's career was still in continuity (and Jay was added to the main DCU continuity).

New 52 completely jettisoned nearly all past continuity not tied to the Green Lantern and Batman franchises, and still made significant changes to the latter. Even COIE wasn't that drastic.

Owzers

After all the GAF recommendations finally got round to reading Hawkguy #1. Holy fucking shit it was good, I want more of it.

Luckily there is more of it! Also check out Young Avengers #1 and #2 by Gillen. #1 didn't completely sell me on it, but #2 finished the job.

The changes were due to the story and not the reboot where new 52 is due to the reboot.

And the COIE reboot was made to where if needed it could be undone.

Also, only superman story that ever interested me was his death.

And Marvel accomplished what DC did with a hard reboot with just Marvel NOW. Nu52 is a mess. Half the histories don't make sense.

Plus the redesigns are horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom