• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
Question about RORSCHAC #4
where did that motherfucking TIGER come from??

It's an 80s drug dealer thing. Of course motherfuckers would have tigers. Shit was fucking cray. (SHOUT OUT TO MY MAN PAUL CORNELL FOR USING CRAY CRAY IN A COMIC THIS WEEK. SAUCER COUNTRY #13 SON. GET HYPE)

Thai

Bane was better.
It's an 80s drug dealer thing. Of course motherfuckers would have tigers. Shit was fucking cray. (SHOUT OUT TO MY MAN PAUL CORNELL FOR USING CRAY CRAY IN A COMIC THIS WEEK. SAUCER COUNTRY #13 SON. GET HYPE)

It's too much of a deux ex for me. Took me right out of the book.

Owzers

yay Daredevil End of Days hardcover is oversized, if i buy it, that will put me over the fence.

Marvel knows how to hype up events, those closing Age of Ultron solicits....man. Someone buy #2 and report back.

THE FINALE!
The biggest secret in comics will be revealed to you! An ending so confidential...even the artists of this book don’t know what lies on the final pages...! A surprise so big that comic book legend Joe Quesada himself returns to the pages of Marvel Comics to draw a sequence that people will be talking about for years.
40 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99
*All covers of Age Of Ultron #10 will be polybagged

ElNarez

Banned
Holy crap, Fearless Defenders is ugly.

But it has the goddess Dani Moonshadow, so I am powerless before it.

Man, I don't know who has it worse between Gillen having Land on Iron Man and Bunn with Sliney on Defenders. Bunn is the more heartbreaking of the two, because the guy seems to have loads of cool ideas and his book should be this shining beacon of Fun Tough Gals Kicking Ass And Taking Names Adventures, but Sliney comes in and barfs his male gaze all over the pages which distracts a lot from it.

Splatt

Am I the only one that thinks Spock is a great name for Spidey-Ock?

Avenging was great this week. I love how condescending Otto is.

Man, I don't know who has it worse between Gillen having Land on Iron Man and Bunn with Sliney on Defenders. Bunn is the more heartbreaking of the two, because the guy seems to have loads of cool ideas and his book should be this shining beacon of Fun Tough Gals Kicking Ass And Taking Names Adventures, but Sliney comes in and barfs his male gaze all over the pages which distracts a lot from it.

Agreed. So far I like the story. I just wish it was an audio book. LOL

Didn't someone say Nu52 was working out well for DC?

http://comicsbeat.com/dc-comics-month-to-month-sales-january-2013/

Despite the tremendously successful crossovers, average DC Universe numbers are back at an estimated 33,485 units, their lowest point since March 2012. That’s still a very good number by pre-”New 52″ 2011 standards, mind you. But in 2010, it would have charted at No. 7, as far as top-selling months are concerned. Once you get below the 60K mark, the sales of most DC Universe titles keep declining briskly, including the 12 “New 52″ series that are already cancelled. And there are already eight other, still ongoing ones that sold fewer than 20,000 units in January.

ElNarez

Banned
Didn't someone say Nu52 was working out well for DC?

http://comicsbeat.com/dc-comics-month-to-month-sales-january-2013/

Averages are a somewhat stupid way to look at this, especially considering how DC has been cancelling their lower-selling books on the regular. Medians would be more relevant from a statistical point of view, but I WOULD MUCH RATHER STICK A FUCKING GUN IN MY MOUTH THAN GO ANY FURTHER INTO THIS FUCKING TERRIBLE HORRIBLE NO GOOD DISCUSSION.

Averages are a somewhat stupid way to look at this, especially considering how DC has been cancelling their lower-selling books on the regular. Medians would be more relevant from a statistical point of view, but I WOULD MUCH RATHER STICK A FUCKING GUN IN MY MOUTH THAN GO ANY FURTHER INTO THIS FUCKING TERRIBLE HORRIBLE NO GOOD DISCUSSION.

Me neither, I just wanted to use that "same flight of stairs" joke, which was so fucking amazing the second it popped into my head.

ElNarez

Banned
Me neither, I just wanted to use that "same flight of stairs" joke, which was so fucking amazing the second it popped into my head.

Flipping heck I'm supposed to be the joke character in this thread. You don't have to start flamewars. That's my thing. You can't go and crib my style. That's the kind of things the Greg Land of jokes would do.

Rootbeer

Banned
Loved Batman #18 T__T

I miss Damian!! *whaaaaaaaaaaa* T__T

Damn they aren't wasting any time with Harper. Please don't let her replace Damian... and so soon.... sigh

Flipping heck I'm supposed to be the joke character in this thread. You don't have to start flamewars. That's my thing. You can't go and crib my style. That's the kind of things the Greg Land of jokes would do.

I'm not a "joke" "character" I am a character (REAL PERSON) "who makes" "jokes"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJD

What the fuck???

I have been praising The Sixth Gun for a long time here on GAF comic threads, how come I never knew someone was doing a TV series??????

This is GREAT!!!

I really hope The Walking Dead success helps TV folks to realize there are a lot of amazing comic books perfectly fit for TV! And I'm not talking about capes.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck???

I have been praising The Sixth Gun for a long time here on GAF comic threads, how come I never knew someone was doing a TV series??????

This is GREAT!!!

I really hope The Walking Dead success helps TV folks to realize there are a lot of amazing comic books perfectly fit for TV! And I'm not talking about capes.

Only problem is the guy producing it.

ElNarez

Banned
I'm not a "joke" "character" I am a character (REAL PERSON) "who makes" "jokes"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See that's why you can't do it, you need to live the gimmick. Every fiber of your being should be devoted to being a passive-aggressive jerk, making wildly incorrect assumptions and jumping to conclusions. The joke game is all about devotion.

PS: love you, big fan of your webcomic "the gutters"

Acid08

Banned
See that's why you can't do it, you need to live the gimmick. Every fiber of your being should be devoted to being a passive-aggressive jerk, making wildly incorrect assumptions and jumping to conclusions. The joke game is all about devotion.

Don't try to play of your genuinely bad opinions as jokes, bro.

ElNarez

Banned
Don't try to play of your genuinely bad opinions as jokes, bro.

Please, do tell me what genuinely bad opinions I have held recently, and how they are genuinely bad, because this is actually a thing I would like to hear. What with this being a discussion and all that. I'm playing up the condescension, but my opinions are genuine and I would love for them to be challenged.

BBBBBKSSSHHHHHHH
headexplode

Troll

Banned
Uncanny X-men #3
Go to hell. [spoilers] lol. So tight.

Guys... I actually like AoU... non intrusive event that's interesting? Yeah, I'm enjoying it.

Tizoc

Right so I just recently caught up with last week and before's titles and...
WHAT THE FUCK MORRISON?!!?
KNIGHT AND DAMIEN?! YOU'RE GONNA REVIVE THEM WITH THE LAZARUS PIT, RIGHT? RIGHT?!

Lombaszko

Loved Batman #18 T__T

Yeah! Nice to see Bruce
just kicking ass, all tattered up and tired. I didn't want him to be all mopey. I've only seen Harper a couple other times, but she's pretty fleshed out and I wouldn't mind if she stuck around.

I thought I read somewhere a while ago that Becky Cloonan was going to draw this issue? Wonder what happened?

Yeah! Nice to see Bruce
just kicking ass, all tattered up and tired. I didn't want him to be all mopey. I've only seen Harper a couple other times, but she's pretty fleshed out and I wouldn't mind if she stuck around.

I thought I read somewhere a while ago that Becky Cloonan was going to draw this issue? Wonder what happened?
That was last year brah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom