• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frye

that spider-man loves mary jane book isnt as good as the mckeever/miyazawa stuff (which is actually really fucking good!)

Spidey-and-Wolvie.jpg

Sums it up

Ok I've seen this pic posted so many times what issue is it ?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Regarding Uncanny 3:
When Cap tells Scott that he is under arrest...what's the deal with that? Was Scott indicted by a grand jury for killing Charles? And how did Scott get out of that jail he was in in Uncanny Avengers #1? Is he a fugitive? I never read AvX Consequences.

frye

Regarding Uncanny 3:
When Cap tells Scott that he is under arrest...what's the deal with that? Was Scott indicted by a grand jury for killing Charles? And how did Scott get out of that jail he was in in Uncanny Avengers #1? Is he a fugitive? I never read AvX Consequences.

Magneto broke his ass out in Consequences.

Regarding Uncanny 3:
Scott was awaiting trial in AvX Consequences when Magneto and Illyana broke him out at his request.

EDIT: Beaten.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Thx. I enjoyed the issue, but something strange about the art bothered me. Scott in street clothes looked like as thin as a pro cyclist. But when he was wearing the costume, he looked like an NFL linebacker who just finished a roid cycle.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ok Batman and Robin made me tear up. Like I was ok until the last few pages, but then it just started raining.

Uncanny X-Men is just really really good. Best book I've read this week after Batman and Robin.

Avenging Spider-man continues to be good. I literally have no idea what Otto is planning. I fucking love that.

Batman was ok. Not the best issue Snyder's done, but I'll give him points for not treading over the same ground as B&R.

So Snyder's now doing the whole "My mom used to tell me..." thing now.

Maleev is so much better when he has a colorist that hides his photo reference.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Nowhere Men #4 has the most incredibly rendered cover I've ever seen in my life. It's the prettiest thing in the world and a living testament to the incredible things that can happen when you care about cartooning and design in equal measure.

It's a gift to all of us.

tell me about it.

and have you seen that Manhattan Projects cover?

so sexy

Finished Rucka's No Man's Land novelization last night. Prior to reading it I was entirely unfamiliar with that particular event. I'm quite unfamiliar with Cass Cain as well (mostly my only exposure being as Black Bat in Batman Inc).

I like it. It moved along at a brisk pace. I really like the character POVs that weren't batman. It really helped make the character more of a reclusive myth then he comes across as in the comics.

Was this arc in the comic really Harley's introduction as well?

It was fun seeing Essen being with Gordon as well, really only having been exposed to her in Loeb's Long Halloween/Dark Victory books.
Definitely didn't see Essen's death coming either

Overall I really enjoyed it.
I'm working through the TPB of that now, and I'm digging the hell out of it. All the different characters and focus on the daily life of living in No Man's Land. Good stuff.
Glad to see you guys are enjoying or enjoyed it. And to answer your question BlueScrote, Harley was introduced into the main DCU continuity during No Man's Land. I think Dini did a one-shot origin that was set around NML, and she appeared in the main event thereafter.

ReiGun

Here I was all ready to drop Uncanny X-Men and then it hits me with a great issue. Guess I'll stick around a little longer.

I'm not liking Uncanny X-Men which is odd considering how I love All New X-Men. I think it might be that I hate this new crop of mutants that are tagging along. Every issue they try to work in a "corn dog on a stick" joke and it hasn't been funny...ever.

So far a big load of nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Am I the only one here who hates Cyclops? This dude seemed cool with Xavier being sacrificed for the good of the mutant race, like the ends justify the means. Quite an excellent issue despite my hate for Cylops

I hate his pompous ass too. You have to have your head pretty far up your ass to be on the same team as Magneto and you come off looking like a maniac.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
manhattan projects was great... first arc is over, now let's spiral this story out into spaceeee.

batman was boring, i'm dropping it.

uxm isn't nearly as good as anxm, which i love. i'm considering dropping it, but i wonder if it will tie into anxm. hmmm...

Dysun

GLC 18
John Stewart's turn, this is dragging like all the GL events

Batman and Robin 18
The last panel *sniff*

Age of Ultron 2
Better than the last outing but still moving too slow

Thor 6
Sogood.gif as usual

Wolverine 1
Meh, better than Savage but that's not saying much

Uncanny X-Men 3
This book isn't anywhere near as interesting as All New so far

I remember a few months ago they kept saying UXM would be the double shipped book, but the solicits show AXM double shipped. Good thing Immonen seems like a workhorse and great artist.

Really? I'm pretty psyched about it. What's wrong with the visuals in your opinion?
The costumes are so ducking atrociously disgusting. Some bastard child of Land, Liefeld, Gary Busey and Ron Peaelman. Can't wait to fork over twenty in DLC to get the New 52 or classic costumes. Not going to the thrift shop that week.

The costumes are so ducking atrociously disgusting. Some bastard child of Land, Liefeld, Gary Busey and Ron Peaelman. Can't wait to fork over twenty in DLC to get the New 52 or classic costumes.

Heh. The costumes are weird, I'll give you that. But they're going with some alternate universe theme. There are a few New 52 costumes that come with the Collector's Edition, and some Red Son costumes (for Superman, Wonder Woman and Solomon Grundy (!?) that come with Gamestop pre-orders.

Troll

Banned
Walking Dead 108
Carl looks older in this issue, anyone else get that? Plus Ezekiel is lol with his Tiger. I knew that the guy with his burnt face would do something, I just didn't know he would team up with Rick. I hope this all goes down quick.

Anyone following Injustice: Gods Among Us? Any good?

I just started getting into the comic scene, and yes.
It's alright. I mean, I haven't been REALLY surprised by anything.
The art is nice, and the new character designs look better than in the game.
So... Give it a try. Just don't expect something AMAZING.

i get the feeling cass cain fans are going to hate harper row at some point.

I definitely read online someplace that she was created after snyder was told that cass was banned, to fill in a role planned for cass. Don't remember the source or its quality though. So maybe they already do?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just started getting into the comic scene, and yes.
It's alright. I mean, I haven't been REALLY surprised by anything.
The art is nice, and the new character designs look better than in the game.
So... Give it a try. Just don't expect something AMAZING.

It's a better Superman story than the main Superman book so far (I'm not counting Action).

I definitely read online someplace that she was created after snyder was told that cass was banned, to fill in a role planned for cass. Don't remember the source or its quality though. So maybe they already do?

That feels right. Maybe she'll change her name to Cass Cain at some point, just for the chuckles.

Wag

I'm pretty far behind as far as comics go. I have a pretty big backlog of graphic novels and TPBs that I still need to read. I haven't collected comics faithfully since the early/mid '90s, and back then I was mainly a DC guy (with a few exceptions, like Peter David's Hulk, etc).

The New 52 worth following? I figure since I really didn't follow comics for the last decade or so I'd be lost.

Is it really that good? I mean, I read a lot of shit as it is. Although I should probably dump Witchblade and Artifacts, because I don't really give a fuck anymore... but I digress. Is AA really that earth-shattering?

Yes it is it has been one one the more suprising books. also i enjoyed the last issue of witchblade a lot

supermanisdead back me up here

also i enjoyed the last issue of witchblade a lot

eh, it was alright. This whole reformatted universe thing isn't as cool as it sounded when they finished the first Artifacts story arc.

Age of ultron #2 was pretty good. Moon knight is such a Badass.

I know, right? The first issue was abysmal, but this one wasn't bad. Is it me, or
was there some sexual tension there between Widow and Moon Knight
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom