• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Book of the Week isn't the greatest idea when so many people are firmly in one camp or the other. Book of the Week by Publisher would be better, imo.

Yeah, all same universe.

Legacy is actually good. I thought it started pretty slow and right when I was about to bail it picked up. I think issue 4 is when it starts to get good.

Seriously, wait until you see the cover for next issue. SERIOUSLY.

SERIOUSLY.

All New X-Men is the best X-Men book currently running. IF you're reading UXM, you should DEFINITELY add ANXM to it. I really dislike WATXM but some people like it.

I may have to change my vote from TMP 10 to Nowhere Men 4. Sorry Acid :/

HAHAHAHAHA FUCKING YES.

Forgot to pick up Sledgehammer yesterday, going to run out later and get it, hope its good.

Serious question, when has Jason Latour ever drawn a bad comic?

Book of the Week isn't the greatest idea when so many people are firmly in one camp or the other. Book of the Week by Publisher would be better, imo.

Nonsense. Someone's book of the week is their book of the week. It's their "FAVORITE" book. You think their "camp" (tt!) means that's somehow not valid? That their seven minutes of enjoyment wasn't "REAL" enjoyment because they're just a fanboy?

That is totally gross to think that way.

Look at me. Everyone's like "HERE COMES BEN. HERE'S THE ULTIMATE MARVEL FANBOY. DON'T LISTEN TO HIM BECAUSE HE LIKED FEAR ITSELF. I BET IF MARVEL RELEASED THE OFFICIAL MARVEL HANDBOOK OF THE QUEENS COUNTY PHONEBOOK HE'D BE LIKE 'OH WOW, SO MUCH BETTER THAN GRIFTER' BECAUSE HE'S SUCH A MARVEL ZOMBIE. I BET THAT'S TOTALLY WHAT WOULD HAPPEN JUST YOU WATCH. OH WAIT HERE HE COMES, SHH SHH SHH -- LET'S WATCH."

And what's my book of the week?

Nowhere Men #4.

BOOM. OPINION CLOBBERIN' TIME.

WHAT'S NEXT.

(™Aaron Sorkin)

All-New X-Men #9 Preview (Newsarama)

Speculative: again, I'm a little worried that Bendis is
going to have Young Jean join the other side in UXM, ignoring the fact that Rachel and Betsy even exist just so that "Auntie Emma" can instruct Jean on how to be a proper (lol) psychic, and create all sorts of drama between her, Emma and Scott. Everyone was already looking at her funny; now she's peeking into peoples' heads without permission, and Kitty's giving her the cold shoulder? I could see Bendis making Scott/Emma appeal to her as "the ones who understand" and want to help; question is, would Jean fall for it? Could she overlook Scott's role in Xavier's death? I hope not, since Jean's a big part of the reason I gave reading ANXM a shot in the first place, and if she disappears from the cast that reason is gone.

Ugh, the wait is going to be terrible.

Is it really a good idea to train a woman who is a host for the Phoenix Force? The Phoenix is dead but thats what it does. It rises from the ashes!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is it really a good idea to train a woman who is a host for the Phoenix Force? The Phoenix is dead but thats what it does. It rises from the ashes!

That's why you train her so maybe it doesn't turn out badly this time. That said
Jean is going to have a psychic conversation with Emma at the very least and hear about how she used to spend so much time in Scott's head. Then probably proceed to try and do that because powers.

ElNarez

Banned
All New X-Men is the best X-Men book currently running. IF you're reading UXM, you should DEFINITELY add ANXM to it. I really dislike WATXM but some people like it.

This is a lie. X-Men Legacy is the best X-Men book on the shelves. Not to dismiss the extremely enjoyable work of Bendis, but Legacy is the giant pisstake on the shenanigans of the X-Verse that we needed after the big stupid drama of AvX. It's a book all about how wrong Xavier was, and seriously, he was super wrong. Like, "Joseph Kony but bald and with superpowers" wrong. And it's all done under the pretense of crazy mutant adventures. It's the most imaginative X-Book, and therefore the best, and I love it to death.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
By publisher is a much better idea.

i actually agree with this!

Image:
Nowhere Men

Marvel:
Thor

DC/IDW:
N/A

Opinions, how do they work

Flameshield needed from Hickman zealots ITT after I opened that can

I am the resident Hickman dick sucker, so I'm sort of obligated to insult you after you say stuff like that.

This is a lie. X-Men Legacy is the best X-Men book on the shelves. Not to dismiss the extremely enjoyable work of Bendis, but Legacy is the giant pisstake on the shenanigans of the X-Verse that we needed after the big stupid drama of AvX. It's a book all about how wrong Xavier was, and seriously, he was super wrong. Like, "Joseph Kony but bald and with superpowers" wrong. And it's all done under the pretense of crazy mutant adventures. It's the most imaginative X-Book, and therefore the best, and I love it to death.

this very well may be true, i only read a little bit of Legacy

Acid08

Banned
ANXM:

Jean is going to cause all kinds of trouble for every side in this. I imagine she'll do a "NO ONE UNDERSTANDS" thing and goes off on her own. She'll then have a weird vision of Xavier giving her some sacred advice about not letting her future define her now or something. This is all after she switches sides for a little bit.

Love Aja
WuTJzcg.jpg

Quake1028

Work has been absolutely nuts, so I haven't been able to read a funny book since Sunday. That's unacceptable, so I read a few on lunch. Just some number grades for now:

Injustice #9 - 8/10 (Great!)
Ultimate Wolverine #1 - 3/10 (Ugh. Horrid.)
Avenging Spidey #18 - 7/10 (Anything Thor is awesome.)

clints snarky to everyone, and logan has issues. but they both respect him above all that.

if you can find it, you should check out the birthday boy short in spider man extra 2. it gives a great insight to the relationship that pete and logan have. id like to think that most people that scoff off pete most likely feel the same way. combine that with the fact that pete really cares about those capes wierdos that he associates with, and i dont really think most of them disrespect him as much as you think.

I read that issue now, it was really good and yeah it showed a bit more of the relationship between Spidey and Wolverine. I like that Logan actually caught on that something was off about Otto-spidey in the recent Avenging Spider-Man as well.

He Mark of kained someone, what exactly happened? jesus.

They had put him through hell for a couple of months, they were also responsible for The Lizard killing his son, and they killed Madame Web, Mattie Franklin and Kaine. Needless to say that didn't sit very well with Peter.

Glad to see you guys are enjoying or enjoyed it. And to answer your question BlueScrote, Harley was introduced into the main DCU continuity during No Man's Land. I think Dini did a one-shot origin that was set around NML, and she appeared in the main event thereafter.

Ah, interesting. For some reason I figured Harley's introduction was earlier, given how popular a character she is. Then again, I guess it's Cass Cain's intro as well. I mostly picked it up on your recommendation, and was happily surprised at how good it was. I really don't expect much out of novel adaptations of comic events.

Owzers

Magneto's Testament is good so far on Marvel Unlimited, i've read the first 3 issues. Pak does an intricate job of imagining a timeline for the events, makes it feel almost real. Glad this stuff never happened though, it's grim.

Blader

How the fuck does Bendis get off writing something like Age of Ultron? Half of it is no dialogue, the other half is completely banal dialogue with plot developments that can be summed up in a sentence. Two issues in and nothing has happened beyond the logline of the story.

I know this is 90% of all Bendis comics, but fucking hell man.

"They were going to sell you?"
"To Ultron."
"They were going to sell you to Ultron."

SAY SOMETHING!

ElNarez

Banned
Lots of stuff happened...off panel. Cause apparently, "Hawkeye raids a crack house" is more important than Ultron taking over the fucking world.

Well, the entire point is that Ultron went back in time and took everything over, so everything just snapped into "Everything is fucked" mode.

ReiGun

Well, the entire point is that Ultron went back in time and took everything over, so everything just snapped into "Everything is fucked" mode.
I would have liked if the comic told me that. :(

(I haven't kept up on any of the news or stories leading up to this. I thought I'd give it a shot just cause I like Ultron.)

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
So you're saying the problem is that the guy produced Lost? How is that an issue?

I never saw that series, but it was a big success right.

At least this means that The Sixth Gun will get a decent budget.

The budget won't matter if the story makes no sense and is awful. This is coming from a Lost fan who doesn't want Cuse to ruin what could be a great Sixth Gun adaptation.

Owzers

How the fuck does Bendis get off writing something like Age of Ultron? Half of it is no dialogue, the other half is completely banal dialogue with plot developments that can be summed up in a sentence. Two issues in and nothing has happened beyond the logline of the story.

I know this is 90% of all Bendis comics, but fucking hell man.

"They were going to sell you?"
"To Ultron."
"They were going to sell you to Ultron."

SAY SOMETHING!

i skipped AoU so far but i'm still buying All new x-men, uncanny, and GotG.

All New is fun so far but not much happened the first six issues and i'm going to be hating myself in a year when i stare at all these bendis books.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
oohh so it just drops you into something with no explanation like Age of X did? That makes me sort of interested. Age of X was pretty cool.

Yes well AoU isn't. I can't say I care all that much about it. It reads like Bendis before he started working on X-Men books, so basically all his worst quirks are represented pretty heavily.

My Mon El: Man of Valor trade come in the mail today. Sat down and powered through it. Thoroughly enjoyable read. And dat ending. Just proves how much of a hero Mon El really is.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The budget won't matter if the story makes no sense and is awful. This is coming from a Lost fan who doesn't want Cuse to ruin what could be a great Sixth Gun adaptation.
Well this time there's a mythos and plot to work with already so there won't be much of a chance/necessity to make up as they go along too much. Cuse is not incompetent as a producer and I'm liking the cast so far. I remember Lindelof being more on the defensive in interviews than Cuse regarding what worked and what didn't in Lost too. I see where you're coming from though (I'm also a Lost fan who recognizes its shortcomings), but we'll see.

JJD

As the producer what sort of input the guy had on Lost story? I thought Lindelof was responsible for this.

Because frankly they just need to follow the book for the series to have a great story. Obviously there will be differences, but if they keep the main plot points and characters intact things will be OK.

Everything the guy does following Lost is going to be tarnished because some fans didn't like the direction their favorite series took?

I really don't understand this.

As a guy who has been reading The Sixth Gun since the beginning, and that tried to get more people interested in the book for a long time I'm just glad this producer guy is giving it a chance.

I mean, as much as I love it I doubt it is selling more than 15K, 20K tops each month. It's probably less than that. What are the chances someone would pick this up for TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom