• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EARTH2_Cv11-full_02.jpg

OH MY GOD

PRAISE ALLAH!!!!!!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I guess you missed my post where I said that I look at trades while at Barnes & Nobel (or my LCS) lol.

I buy arcs in trades, rarely do I buy events mang.

Anyways, thanks tumblr for feeding me this by Phil Noto:

tumblr_mjpngqyFPa1qhyhwto1_500.jpg

i usually love Noto but something about his Clint rubs me the wrong way. i think it just be how short and feminine his stupid sleeves look.

i usually love Noto but something about his Clint rubs me the wrong way. i think it just be how short and feminine his stupid sleeves look.

I think because he made the shirt look like a t-shirt versus the form-fitting version that's usually displayed in the comics.

Funny enough, there were times in Hawkeye #8 where I thought Clint's t-shirt sleeves were too short in how they were drawn.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I think because he made the shirt look like a t-shirt versus the form-fitting version that's usually displayed in the comics.

Funny enough, there were times in Hawkeye #8 where I thought Clint's t-shirt sleeves were too short in how they were drawn.

...meh i thought hawkeye was wearing that shirt in his comic now though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
i'm always waffling on whether or not I want to get back into comics

the DC reboot put a bad taste in my mouth, because it was unnecessary. I liked where the DCU was pre-reboot.

I want to get back into Marvel, but I keep flying into a rage because of what they did to Spidey and Jeph Loeb's ongoing crusade to ruin everything he touches.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

the DC reboot put a bad taste in my mouth, because it was unnecessary. I liked where the DCU was pre-reboot.

I want to get back into Marvel, but I keep flying into a rage because of what they did to Spidey and Jeph Loeb's ongoing crusade to ruin everything he touches.

Marvel Now is phenomenal. Spider-Man might be going through some, uh, polarizing stuff right now but Thor, Hawkeye, Captain America, Hulk & the Avengers all have excellent, new, accessible series' out.

Acid08

Banned

Superior is actually rather great.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Hey ComicGAF. Didn't even know you existed. :p
I was wondering if you guys maybe could help me. I've run across this Marvel character I have no idea who it is. Maybe anyone of you knows who she is?

YnCX2Sk.jpg

She utilizes those swords and has a projectile launcher on her arm (similar to Black Widow's).

Really don't have a clue. Lady Deathstrike is the only thing remotely similar I can recall but there are no claws.

She's actually
Fury, Wonder Woman's daughter
(Earth-2 spoilers)

I don't believe this is true as
Fury
is said to be
Wonder Woman's
daughter. Nothing to suggest she is Barda.

New Gods can breach dimensional barriers. Orion is on New52 Earth Prime. So nothing unreasonable about Mr. Miracle going to Earth 2.

Anyone else find it a little... odd, is the word I shall use, that DC is willfully defeating the purpose of these gimmick covers?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised given how The Big Two promote things, but it still seems like a stupid decision.

Anyone else find it a little... odd, is the word I shall use, that DC is willfully defeating the purpose of these gimmick covers?

I dunno. They don't really explain anything. It makes one more likely to go, "I want to know wtf that even means". I mean, I don't give a shit about Dial H, but that cover intrigues me.

The crack house raid in AoU two was riveting. Bendis is killing it.

Why the fuck aren't the rest of the covers foil, aluminum, chromium or some other precious metal?

diaspora

Based on that infinity cover, we can assume one of two things about spider-man:
It takes place before AoU because you can see the Spider-Man here is in the Superior costume, or the future was changed meaning that Peter never gains back control. Given the preview covers for future Superior Spider-Man issues, there's def going to be a struggle mentally between the two.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I used up my Marvel budget well before Age of Ultron #2 was a consideration. But if there's a slow week coming up and i have some extra cash, i may go back and get caught up. If nothing happens, then there's nothing to be spoiled.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Based on that infinity cover, we can assume one of two things about spider-man:
It takes place before AoU because you can see the Spider-Man here is in the Superior costume, or the future was changed meaning that Peter never gains back control. Given the preview covers for future Superior Spider-Man issues, there's def going to be a struggle mentally between the two.

Considering when AoU was written, I don't think we can draw any conclusions from it. Bendis probably
just couldn't figure out how to rewrite the lines to account for Otto being in the driver's seat.

Superior Spiderman spoilers:
Based on Age of Ultron which takes place in the future, it's safe to assume Peter Parker resumes control AND coops Otto's scientific intellect and spider-bots.

It is not Peter Parker.

Nrama: It's been said that since everyone knew this story was coming so it didn't take much maneuvering to make it fit with the current Marvel slate. So that's Superior Spider-Man in the first issue?

Bendis: Yes. But it's not going to be a major Superior Spider-Man chapter. There's not going to be any big reveals about Peter or Otto in this. For those following, yes, it fits right in. For all intents and purposes to these characters, it's Peter.

Nothing indicates that Peter Parker will be back
except for the solicits of issue 9 :D

Pretty much. Honestly as far as
issue #9
goes, I am not prepared to predict this shit anymore. Slott actively uses solicits to troll us so I trust nothing.

I wouldn't mind if they kept Superior as is for the foreseeable future. I like the direction the story has been taking.

ZiZ

question about Batman & Robin #18:
who was C.K.? the only one I could think of was Clark Kent, but why would he be giving Damian a list of movies? have they even met before?

Pretty much. Honestly as far as
issue #9
goes, I am not prepared to predict this shit anymore. Slott actively uses solicits to troll us so I trust nothing.

Predictions go that
Ghost Peter will die
which is whatever - I read SSM when something big happens (I only have issue 1 and 5), but I can see that the way that Slott writes
Ghost Pete
isn't the same way he writes him regularly, and honestly is making him
unlikeable on purpose

I miss Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom