• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

So after three quarters of a year, I've finally finished reading my first long comic series The Sandman. It was excellent. For my next series I'm thinking about reading Chew, but I might read Endless Nights first.

Chew has yet to end, it will take I couple of more years if I'm not mistaken. Still, people like it a lot, so if that doesn't bother you then go for it. Personally, I'll wait until it's close to finishing.

So after three quarters of a year, I've finally finished reading my first long comic series The Sandman. It was excellent. For my next series I'm thinking about reading Chew, but I might read Endless Nights first.

If you want a contained series, Scalped, Preacher, and 100 Bullets are the best three currently available.

I like Chris Claremont's interviews. He's actually really nice and humble, which is a refreshing change from other famous/semi-retired writers. I agree that his writing style doesn't really suit modern audiences, but I always thought he should have become an editor.

Quake1028

Are we doing lists yet? We shoud do lists.

DC COMICS
The Death And Return Of Superman Omnibus
Injustice #10
Wonder Woman #18

IMAGE COMICS
Saga #11

MARVEL COMICS
All-New X-Men #9
Avengers #8
Captain America #5
Daredevil #24
Deadpool #6
Indestructible Hulk #5
New Avengers #4
Superior Spider-Man #6

God mother-fuck this week is going to be GLORIOUS.

This week's Marvel. Previews here. Only getting the 2 bolded as well as Saga #11. I will probably get back to New Avengers as soon as Namor and Black Panther fight, but I don't really care about this Avengers Crisis mess.

All-New X-Men #9
Avengers #8
Cable and X-Force #6
Captain America #5
Captain Marvel #11
Daredevil #24
Deadpool #6
Dark Avengers #188
Indestructible Hulk #5
New Avengers #4
Nova #2
Savage Wolverine #3
Superior Spider-Man #6
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #21
X-Factor #253
X-Termination #1

LLLIIIISSSSTTTTSSSSSS

All-New X-Men #9
Avengers #8
B.P.R.D. Hell On Earth #105 Cold Day In Hell #1
Cable and the X-Force #6
Captain America #5
Captain Marvel #11
Conan the Barbarian #14
Daredevil #24
Deadpool #6
Five Ghosts: The Haunting of Fabian Gray #1
Indestructible Hulk #5
New Avengers #4
Nova #2
Saga #11
Savage Wolverine #3
Superior Spider-Man #6

YYYEEEEAAAHHHHHHHHHHCCCCCOOOOMMMMMIIIICCCCCZZZZZ

God mother-fuck this week is going to be GLORIOUS.

By "glorious", I assume you mean "expensive". This week's list:

DC Comics
Batwoman #18
Sword of Sorcery #6
Wonder Woman #18

IDW
TMNT Ongoing #20

Chew #32
Elephantmen #47
Invincible #101
Saga #11

Marvel
All New X-Men #9
Deadpool #6
Nova #2
Superior Spider-Man #6

God. The Big Bang that he's wanted to write for so many years. the man already wrote the biggest pile of trash in X-Men : The End, he could have easily shoehorned this into it as well. Wolverine - the last immortal in the universe.

One final name on his lips, echoing in the starlight...
"Mariko..."
GLA-DASHHHHHH
And then...

...darkness.

Np66Tre.jpg

Gonna be a big week. Not sure if I should check out Constantine.

DC
ACTION COMICS #18
BATMAN BEYOND UNLIMITED #14
BATWOMAN #18
BIRDS OF PREY #18
CATWOMAN #18
GREEN LANTERN NEW GUARDIANS #18
JUSTICE LEAGUE #18
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #2
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICAS VIBE #2
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES #18
NIGHTWING #18
RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #18
SUPERGIRL #18
SWORD OF SORCERY #6
WONDER WOMAN #18

SAGA #11

I hope Supergirl picks up. I really hated her H'el issues.

Art remains stellar which is my main draw at the moment I liked her interactions with Silver Banshee as well. And don't get me wrong, I kind of like Kara-I'm kind of a bitch-Zor-El. I tend to go for a Supergirl who is angsty (Power Girl is my Supergirl goto for a happier version). But she has been exceptionally pig headed lately. Which is kind of good and kind of bad. I don't know. It hasn't made me want to drop it yet. But I am looking forward to seeing what Michael Nelson has planned for it. I'm already on board for a Supergirl / Powergirl first (#20) issue.

Acid08

Banned
Art remains stellar which is my main draw at the moment I liked her interactions with Silver Banshee as well. And don't get me wrong, I kind of like Kara-I'm kind of a bitch-Zor-El. I tend to go for a Supergirl who is angsty (Power Girl is my Supergirl goto for a happier version). But she has been exceptionally pig headed lately. Which is kind of good and kind of bad. I don't know. It hasn't made me want to drop it yet. But I am looking forward to seeing what Michael Nelson has planned for it. I'm already on board for a Supergirl / Powergirl first (#20) issue.
Yeah her pig headedness in the H'el stuff pretty much ruined it for me. It was just so predictable. I like Kara to be at least somewhat endearing and not such a dumdum. I did like the Banshee stuff too.

Yeah her pig headedness in the H'el stuff pretty much ruined it for me. It was just so predictable. I like Kara to be at least somewhat endearing and not such a dumdum. I did like the Banshee stuff too.

Was she ever in any Legion stuff or was that just Superboy?

#HashtagObsessedWithLegion

Dysun

Action Comics 18
Constantine 1
Green Lantern New Guardians 18
Justice League 18
Justice League of America 2
Vibe 2

All New X-Men 9
Avengers 8
Cable and X-Force 6
Captain America 5
Indestructible Hulk 5
New Avengers 4
Nova 2
Superior Spider-Man 6

DocSeuss

Would this be the thread to ask how one could find an artist to hook up with to pitch a comic to Image?

I've always wanted to write a comic, having been a comic reviewer for some time, and a reader for a lot longer. I'm currently in the process of fiddling with a short miniseries and having a lot of fun with it. It'd be cool if I could make it more than a thought exercise.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Would this be the thread to ask how one could find an artist to hook up with to pitch a comic to Image?

I've always wanted to write a comic, having been a comic reviewer for some time, and a reader for a lot longer. I'm currently in the process of fiddling with a short miniseries and having a lot of fun with it. It'd be cool if I could make it more than a thought exercise.

Jim Zub had an article about finding artists.

http://www.jimzub.com/?p=1767

ElNarez

Banned
There are other lists like it but this one is mine and therefore it is better.
Action Comics #18
Batwoman #18
Constantine #1
Green Lantern: New Guardians #18
Justice League #18
Justice League of America #2
Vibe #2
Wonder Woman #18

All New X-Men #9
Avengers #8
Captain America #5
Captain Marvel #11
Daredevil #24
Deadpool #6
Indestructible Hulk #5
New Avengers #4
Nova #2
X-Factor #253

Saga #11

Thanks for the advice to pull the trigger on the Mon-El new Krypton trade. It was really good. Really bitter sweet. Absolutely loved the humanizing of his character.

I'm a huge Legion mark, but I was hesitant and protective of the character, but he knocked it out of the park IMO.

lordmrw

STAR WARS LEGACY #1 PRISONER O/T FLOATING WORLD
ACTION COMICS #18
JUSTICE LEAGUE #18
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #2
NIGHTWING #18
RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #18
TMNT ONGOING #20
TMNT SECRET FOOT CLAN #4
TRANSFORMERS MORE THAN MEETS EYE #15
SAGA #11
ALL NEW X-MEN #9
AVENGERS #8
CABLE AND X-FORCE #6
CAPTAIN AMERICA #5
DAREDEVIL #24
INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK #5
NEW AVENGERS #4
NOVA #2
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #6
ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #21
X-FACTOR #253

I was gonna say big week for me but every week is a big week that's why I look forward to Wednesday so much.

Star Wars Legacy #1

Legion #18
Nightwing #18
Supergirl #18

All-New X-Men #9
Avengers #8
Daredevil #24
Indestructible Hulk #5
New Avengers #4
Savage Wolverine #3
Superior Spider-Man #6
X-Factor #253

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I went to visit my parents over the weekend and dug through boxes of old toys looking for stuff to recycle to my four year old. He was incredulous that I did not have a Hawkeye figure for him to complete his set of Avengers. I tried to sell him on the likes of Gideon, G.W. Bridge, Shatterstar, and Stryfe, but he was nonplussed. Tastes have evolved. I would not have been caught dead with a Hawkeye in 1993.

You can also go the Brian Michael Benid and Johnathan Hickman route and draw your own stuff to get noticed. Of course Hickman still don't know that he is working with great artists and writes to their skill levels.

Just saw this pop up on my tumblr feed.

So Yale Stewart, whom probably most of us know from the jl8 comic recently did a commission and is putting up this print for sale on his Big Cartel:

link

I probably will pick up a print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom