• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEKKI

frikken marvel comics man... I'm trying to redeem all the digital codes I get so I can donate all my comics, and then this:

wyUE9pf.jpg

it's not even that this is the only one time it happened, but I honestly cannot read this.

so yah, free mystery comic to anyone who can decipher that. >_<

SRG01

frikken marvel comics man... I'm trying to redeem all the digital codes I get so I can donate all my comics, and then this:

wyUE9pf.jpg

it's not even that this is the only one time it happened, but I honestly cannot read this.

so yah, free mystery comic to anyone who can decipher that. >_<

TMM18WBB8RYJ?

I leave this thread for a few days, and now I come in to see people are knocking Hickman?

Silly, no? I'm enjoying every aspect of Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers. It's such a great build-up.

Had some fun deciphering Jekki's code, only to discover to my surprise (as well as relief) that it's been redeemed so hopefully he actually got his digital copy.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Whatever happened to runaways? Is the comic canceled? What of the characters?

All but cancelled. I think officially they just finished up Volume 3's arc and hit the pause button, sorta like what happened with the Young Avengers. I wanna say the last time they've been used is that Avenger's Academy issue last year.

I know your pain, I miss them too. In a perfect world, I could have Young Avengers and Runaways back at the same time. But the former will have to do for now, even though I've been lukewarm about the return issues.

I am wondering, how many kind of lanterns are there? I was watching GL, and i only knew about Green and yellow before the show. Now there´s red, orange. Are there more lantern with different colors?

Owzers

That's the downside to pre-ordering though, you have to go with your gut and can't easily get something you didn't order if it turns out great if money isn't unlimited. DCBS does a good job of letting me add issues, but it's not guaranteed.

I am wondering, how many kind of lanterns are there? I was watching GL, and i only knew about Green and yellow before the show. Now there´s red, orange. Are there more lantern with different colors?

Green is Willpower. Yellow is fear. Red is rage. Orange is avarice. Blue is hope. Indigo is compassion. Violet is love. Black is death and white is life.

Then you have the interactions; blue powers up Green. Green unlock blues potential. Indigo can mimic the others.

All sorts of (cool) goofy stuff.

Green is Willpower. Yellow is fear. Red is rage. Orange is avarice. Blue is hope. Indigo is compassion. Violet is love. Black is death and white is life.

Then you have the interactions; blue powers up Green. Green unlock blues potential. Indigo can mimic the others.

All sorts of (cool) goofy stuff.

Thanks. Black and white lantern powers sounds ridiculous. White has retcon written all over it :D

Thanks. Black and white lantern powers sounds ridiculous. White has retcon written all over it :D

They are. Black rings can take over someone who has died before or bring back someone who is dead. They require 2+ lanterns of different spectrums to defeat.

White requires mastery of the 7 spectrums (currently). Kyle Raynor is the only current white Lantern. Though the white entity could bestow it upon others.

You might wanna check out Blackest Night.

Rich Johnston has a non-specific, but very spoilery for anyone with two brain cells to rub together, post on the Age of Ultron ending.

It's pretty obvious he's referring to Marvelman. I guessed it as a possibility when Bendis first mentioned the secrecy about the series' ending, then got more suspicious when Quesada was announced to draw the final pages (as he drew the Marvelman announcement art for SDCC 2009).
Blaargh.
Once again Bendis is playing catch up to Geoff Johns.

lol even Fear Itself mattered. Tony struggled with sobriety for like twenty subsequent issues of his main series.

Eh, they retconned every major thing that happened in that book in the three .1 issues that followed.

I stopped reading Iron Man after that as well. Too many bad Larocca faces and I could care less about 2 sip Tony.

After two years' absence from comics, writer Chris Claremont talks about changing tastes, writing prose fiction, keeping an open mind, and his personal vision for the X-Men's future (Newsarama)

Though he stresses that he hasn't been reading current releases, he expresses potential skepticism over what he's heard about some recent developments, like the "Phoenix Five" — the Phoenix's power dividing between Cyclops, Emma Frost, Namor, Colossus and Magik during last year's Avengers vs. X-Men.

"For me, the relationship between Phoenix and Jean is primal and unbreakable, and transcends the brief interlude of Jean's physical existence on Earth," Claremont said. "That there is a much larger back story and future story than anyone can imagine that would, in my personal vision,
culminate umpty-bump billion years down the line, when you get to the last sun going out against the darkness, and on the last bit of rock you find Logan patiently sitting and waiting — probably playing chess with Kitty, who's been watching over him 20 billion years — for Jean. Who shows up. And then she and Logan have their moment of privacy, and the fire of their passion ignites the big bang. That's my vision of how all this fits together."
Some people are going to hate it, some people are going to love it.

My shipper's heart swells! :D

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I'm liking Saga a lot although the main relationship is the worst part of the book for me, it's just so goofy ever since the start. I'm in for a BKV/Martin project though.

Have you read Doctor Strange:The Oath by those two? If not get on it.

on a semi-related note:

I haven't opened up a trade paperback that has an introduction by BKV. I swear every other book I got for Christmas had an intro written by him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

NEO0MJ

Recommend me some stuff to read please

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/ScottyQuick/pt3-1.jpg

Best comic book ever.

pretty good choice, though I think you need some basic marvel background to fully enjoy this.

As for my choice, I say go with Punisher Max. I was mostly just a casual reader of Batman until one day in the library I saw the first volume and decided to read it. Ended up buying every volume after that and entering the world of comics in a big way.

8568403563_6d28b4b384_c.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, it's a super great cool image, Shadowcat watching while Jean and Logan do it. Really true to the characters. lol

;D

You know what I mean. If it were me Kitty wouldn't be there, but the idea that
this would be what triggers a big bang and the beginning of life once more
is sort of poetic. I can totally see the temptation to do it, but I still wouldn't like it and if it were me I'd find another way to end it. But I totally see why he'd want to do it.

You know what I mean. If it were me Kitty wouldn't be there, but the idea that
this would be what triggers a big bang and the beginning of life once more
is sort of poetic. I can totally see the temptation to do it, but I still wouldn't like it and if it were me I'd find another way to end it. But I totally see why he'd want to do it.

I know, I'm just funnin. ;D

I'm interested in the new Valiant comics-I was a big fan as a kid. Does anyone read the new ones?

After a decade or so of being out of comics, I just got the first Harbinger TPB and have the second on pre-order. Really enjoying it, and reading comics again in general. I think Valiant is killing it with their relaunch, art and writing are both great so far. Hope they get some love.

Want to pick up X-O Manowar as well. I mean, look at this FFS:

diaspora

I'm interested in seeing how Marvel will have to fuck with the AU story to
get the Spider-Man they introduced as Peter Parker to back to being Otto if they decide to retroactively adapt to Slott's bullshit.

Stephenson writes very long multi layered stories that go off on tangents that may not have a payoff for a very long time. He's a great writer too.

Ehhhh he's nowhere near as good at it as James Robinson was with Starman and Gaiman with Sandman. Also a lot of stuff in his FF run didn't have any payoff at all like thinkerer and diablo getting captured they were never mentioned again and dr doom getting trapped in that dimension seemed like it was going to build to something but then he just got out without any real resolution.

Kwixotik

So after three quarters of a year, I've finally finished reading my first long comic series The Sandman. It was excellent. For my next series I'm thinking about reading Chew, but I might read Endless Nights first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom