• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
DC is out of their damn mind if they thought that crappy issue was going to propel Vibe and Katana to victory. Another dull team building issue with a lengthy conversation between Steve Trevor and Waller.

It was lame. Maybe Johns can come through with some witty banter between Hawkman and Catwoman.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
You may also talk about the three different types of Batman; i.e. how he has been interpreted. You have the "Jovial" Batman that is your Golden/Silver Era and your Batman Brave and the Bold Style. Then you have your "Detective" Batman who is about being the World's Greatest Detective. And finally you have "The God Damn Batman" which is your violent, ass beating Batman.

Don't forget BatGod, the guy that can fo anything, unlimited prep time etc. see Morrison's JLA or the start of Court of Owls. Geoff Johns talks about it a little bit on Fatman on Batman this week in relation to his Earth One version which is apparently a lot more grounded and human.

Also Bat-dad has been very evident in the recent Morrison and Tomasi runs.

I quite liked the almost supernatural Batman from the Moench/Kelley Jones run in the 90s, Batman as demon. Red Rain the the ultimate culmination of this.

I know a lot about batman lol. Feel free to ask questions :)

frye

Yeah, but I'd hate to pay 3 bones for a Morrison/Burnham comic (for example) and whoops~ turns out it's Tony Daniel and Billy Tan!

Yeah, but I'd hate to pay 3 bones for a Morrison/Burnham comic (for example) and whoops~ turns out it's Tony Daniel and Billy Tan!

Most comic shops have pretty lenient return policies if you have a pull list and there is a legit reason. I mean, this is anecdotal, but I can basically return a comic for any reason at this point. Certainly helps if it isn't that often and you are a steady customer.

frye

Most comic shops have pretty lenient return policies if you have a pull list and there is a legit reason. I mean, this is anecdotal, but I can basically return a comic for any reason at this point. Certainly helps if it isn't that often and you are a steady customer.

With mis-solicits, DC lets shops return them iirc but the problem with it isn't necessarily the money (though it is a problem) but the "bait and switch" part of it. That's pretty annoying, esp. since the cover doesn't reflect the contents like it would with normal mis-solicits.

ElNarez

Banned
and he would still be drawing it

Tony Daniel is a good artist. An absolute shit writer, but a good, bordering on actually pretty fucking great artist. DC makes it sound like it's only gonna be for the first arc until they get their shit together and finally give Sholly Fisch the main feature because for fuck's sake that would actually make sense.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand DC's release schedule for trades. The first trade of Talon isn't coming out until a year after issue 0 released.

All New X-Men #9:
Wow, Jean Grey is a bitch... But I'm hyped for the return of LADY MASTERMIND, the trashy Emma Frost.
A++++ as usual. Best book from Marvel.

Cable & X-Force #6: Had to get this for Boom Boom and she did not disappoint. Unfortunately, Salvador Larocca is still smearing mud on paper and calling it art. C

Nova #2: LMAO.
Nova meets the Watcher. Now you know he's important! You know the Watcher only shows up for the most important shit like Black Panther & Storm's wedding and all those Red Hulk stories!
Severe decline. D-

Saga #11: Oh god...
that bait and switch. RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP
A+

Right, but how CRAZY WOULD IT BE??

Wouldn't that be like an amazing thing?

"Guys, look, I know, but seriously, I welled up. It's amazing!! YA GOTTA TRY IT."

Ten years from now, people will look back on Tony Daneils' Action Comics run as one of the greats. Alan Moore Swamp Thing, Morrison Doom Patrol, Brubaker/Rucka Gotham Central, and Tony Daniel Action Comics. The Mt. Rushmore of post-Crisis DC Comics runs.

Vibe was fucking awesome today. They are doing everything right with this series. S pumped.

tumblr_losc8tAxcS1qdsmyko1_500.jpg

I haven't given a speech in a long time, but it seems like it would be hard to cover all that in less than 5 minutes. I think the movie interpretations alone would cover that. :)

I was thinking about that as I wrote my post you guys responded to. I might just do this, to be honest. I know the movies aren't all that faithful to the comics, but I think I will be able to relate it more to the audience if I do this.

Thanks you guys! I appreciate it!

Owzers

Damn guys, get your drafts in now to DC and maybe one of us can be solicited as the Green Lantern Corps writer for a few weeks.

Oh he'll naw!!!! This is On my way! Ducked up shit.

DC please hire me, I can put up with this shit and my name is already tarnished so ill do what you say. I'll turn Lagoon Boy and Cantebury Cricket into multi book franchises.

frye

I can't wait for TTOB to show up on one of these books

ComicsGAF blowing UP

He just needs to get on an Image or Valiant book for an issue or two. That's a straight ticket into DC for a month before getting kicked off so Tony Daniel can take your book over (and create the next next ASS)

Owzers

Both incidents seem to involve repeated editorial changes to already-approved directions that have not been welcomed by the writers.

I was hoping that the green lantern books would get some bold new directions after this crossover hell ended, i'm guessing it will continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom