• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troll

Banned
Gaiman is great for Marvel. Really, I hope he does good stuff over there.

What's with all the writers quitting DC the last few weeks or so? What the hell is going on over there... Maybe I can get a job writing whatever is coming next.

What's with all the writers quitting DC the last few weeks or so? What the hell is going on over there... Maybe I can get a job writing whatever is coming next.

Who knows, you may already be writing it and not even know!

More megatons
From the bc article

UPDATE: Nope, apparently, as a result of the deal with Todd, Neil owns Angela, and her fellow angels, 100%.
What isn’t speculation is that I understand from other sources that Angela won’t just be appearing in Guardians but will be touring the Marvel Universe in the year to come.

That's I'd insane and in wonder what that means for the character in the marvel u. Will Neil sell her to marvel?

Owzers

Who is Angela and why should I care?

murdershewrotel.jpg

Angela Lansbury team-up with Jessica Jones as a new Marvel Detectives ogoing.

Vyer

Does Spawn still exist?

I bet a good submission to that Comixology program would get a good look.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Kill off John Stewart in order to elevate Simon Baz as the resident non-white Lantern?

Tizoc

What would you guys say is N. Gaiman's best Marvel work?

Really excited to see what he can offer, but knowing Marvel their ridiculous policies and major status quo changes'll drive Gaiman away in 2 years =/
I hope not though, and that during his work with Marvel he can release some good stories

The latest JL8 page is freakin' adorable

Kill off John Stewart in order to elevate Simon Baz as the resident non-white Lantern?

More like kill off John Stewart because he's become boring and lame. John Stewart's story arcs have become "OMG have to make a tough decision, I'm an ex-marine I can do this, OMG I'm going to sulk about it and have a pity party for the next 6 issues."

He's become super lame, kill him off, or get the character back to what he used to be. Right now he's just a waste. Plus there's 5 god damn Lanterns from Earth. WTF! There really was no need to create another Earth Lantern in Baz.

Isak_Borg

Who is Angela and why should I care?

Crappy Spawn villain no one really cares about.

I really think this is a misdirection on Marvel's part and it'll end up being Marvelman, I don't see Angela fitting in with GOTG and Marvelman actually makes sense with that team.

Doubt Angela is a character Gaiman cares enough about to bring her to the Marvel Universe.

Tizoc

That reminds me that I should read X-Statix someday...

Gaiman's a respected and talented writer, I'm sure he can rework Angela in a good story.

I actually think Johns/DC editorial's ultimate goal is to make Baz the only Earth Green Lantern. They've got Kyle as a White Lantern, looks like Hal is going to become a Black Lantern, Guy seems to be headed back to Red. Kill of John Stewart and Baz becomes the only Earth Green Lantern. One with a ugly and stupid mask, and walks around with a gun.....

Read through 3 of my 4 books that I picked up last night.

I really do adore ANXM, especially in conjunction with UXM.

Also Avengers and New Avengers... Love, love, love all of this build-up. These kind of all-encompassing stories are wonderful mostly due to the character & world-building. I need more!

Read through 3 of my 4 books that I picked up last night.

I really do adore ANXM, especially in conjunction with UXM.

Also Avengers and New Avengers... Love, love, love all of this build-up. These kind of all-encompassing stories are wonderful mostly due to the character & world-building. I need more!

I like new avengers more out of those 2 books because it does a better job of telling a story while building shit up. I still feel like the main draw of avengers is the continual buildup, and the promise of some eventual payoff, where new avengers has more satisfaction inside a given issue.

Honestly, I'm super-worried Hickman won't be able to make good on the tension he's building again. Ultimates was so good at first but all that tension wrote him into a corner. This avengers story deserves a real ending.

I like new avengers more out of those 2 books because it does a better job of telling a story while building shit up. I still feel like the main draw of avengers is the continual buildup, and the promise of some eventual payoff, where new avengers has more satisfaction inside a given issue.

Honestly, I'm super-worried Hickman won't be able to make good on the tension he's building again. Ultimates was so good at first but all that tension wrote him into a corner. This avengers story deserves a real ending.

New Avengers is awesome because you get to see the world-building by the most powerful men ever while in Avengers, little details from NA spillover and that excites me greatly while it also presents the bigger picture. Hand in hand, I'm pretty sure we'll get a great ending for both books.

ANXM is just great overall under Bendis' control, which is something I wouldn't have readily accepted upon first learning that he'd be writing the book. Plus, the 'Little O5' are great as they've already been able to see the cracks in what everyone's been telling them. It's another fun book.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
More like kill off John Stewart because he's become boring and lame. John Stewart's story arcs have become "OMG have to make a tough decision, I'm an ex-marine I can do this, OMG I'm going to sulk about it and have a pity party for the next 6 issues."

He's become super lame, kill him off, or get the character back to what he used to be. Right now he's just a waste. Plus there's 5 god damn Lanterns from Earth. WTF! There really was no need to create another Earth Lantern in Baz.

so what Dan said?

Snyder year zero interview

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/03/21/scott-snyder-batman-zero-year-interview-dc-comics/

Sounds ok but I think I might just drop the book .

I'm open for the premise, mostly because as good as Year One is, I'd have loved to have read about Bruce's journey while he was a kid. Forgot where I read it (either BleedingCool or ComicsAlliance), but someone posted up an idea where it'd be like Young Indiana Jones in following young Bruce's adventures.

I'd really love to read that personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom