• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frye

If you're going to kill fucking superhero characters you could at least try and sell it. I want Edie Sawyer or Damian Wayne - not some character dying because he's ~crowding the universe~ or because no one knows ~how to use him~.

Shoulda rebooted the GL franchise and gave John some of Baz's diversity schtick. Marine Corps sniper serves in Iraq and converts to Islam after returning home, or something.

Owzers

"Hey, your story is really good, can you work in killing John Stewart?"

I'm iffy on Daredevil End of Days, read the first digital issue from the Marvel Now sale and i'm still leaning towards getting the OHC, but it didn't wow me.

frye

I'm iffy on Daredevil End of Days, read the first digital issue from the Marvel Now sale and i'm still leaning towards getting the OHC, but it didn't wow me.

Bendis/Maleev Daredevil was one of my favourite comics at one point so I've been following End of Days but I'm finding it pretty middling tbh. Everyone else I've seen seems to dig it though so who knows.

Why wouldn't Fialkov want to kill John Stewart? I would love to get the chance to do that. He's one of the most boring and pointless characters in existence and yes I am well aware of his full history and all his ups and downs over the years.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
If you're going to kill fucking superhero characters you could at least try and sell it. I want Edie Sawyer or Damian Wayne - not some character dying because he's ~crowding the universe~ or because no one knows ~how to use him~.

This is where I would fall. Crowd control and shock value doesn't do it for me. I'd rather see characters sidelined if the current writers don't know what to do with them, rather than offed for some cheap drama.

Of course, this assumes a lot about DC editorial's plans.

I don't think I'd ever take personal or professional pleasure in killing off a character someone else put a lot of time and effort into developing, especially if it's a character fallen on hard times.

akira28

You kill John Stewart, you and me have a problem. Unless you're going to pull a Hal Jordan and bring him back better with more writing and such.

I will outlaw comic books when I become dictator for life.

edit:
that brown ink must be expensive.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
ANXM was so good this month. Glad I started reading Supernovas, so I know who Lady Mastermind is. Really gotta finish that trade, though...

lordmrw

Uzi pretty much sums it up:

The last time the editors basically did everything but write the books themselves we had many shitty years of X-Men stories. No god damn thanks. It's really terrible that DC doesn't have their shit together, we all knew something was going on behind the scenes when nearly every book has had multiple creative team changes less than 2 years in, now its starting to come out.

For those who have read Justice League #18, do you think
Element Woman is going to be the traitor? I'm just remembering the original solicitations for Justice League #11:
• “The Villain’s Journey” part three!
• Batman , Cyborg and Aquaman battle Element Woman!
• Continuing the origin of SHAZAM!
It's possible this battle was cut and pushed back, right? I guess this also could be a case of changed plans. I do hope the character sticks around however. I love her personality and think she could be a lot of fun.

Ok, so Mark Smith is now running an Indiegogo campaign in order to ship international orders of Sullivan's Sluggers.

For each book pledged via Indiegogo, one International order will be posted. As someone who pledged for the Kickstarter and is still waiting on receiving the book, being located in Australia, I don't know what to feel about this. What happens if not enough books are sold via Indiegogo, to cover the 600+ international orders? I have so many regrets about supporting this project.

Am I the only GAF still waiting on this book?

Ok, so Mark Smith is now running an Indiegogo campaign in order to ship international orders of Sullivan's Sluggers.

For each book pledged via Indiegogo, one International order will be posted. As someone who pledged for the Kickstarter and is still waiting on receiving the book, being located in Australia, I don't know what to feel about this. What happens if not enough books are sold via Indiegogo, to cover the 600+ international orders? I have so many regrets about supporting this project.

Ugh it looks interesting but I'm reallly wary of buying a copy after how much of a shitshow that kickstarter seems to have been.

While reading new avengers I was thinking...

ix3zLdLENCLEt.jpg

finally back in the swing of things I'm reading Daredevil, Hawkeye, Age of Ultron, Scarlet Spider, Saga, and seriously considering Avengers Arena. Any other Marvel, non-big 2 books you guys feel worth recommending?

Incster

Neo Member

Nope, I'm in Canada and still waiting. Honestly, this dude is embarrassing this shit out of himself at this point and I feel like a chump having supported him.

Learned my lesson though and will be much more skeptical of future campaigns I give my money to.

Owzers

finally back in the swing of things I'm reading Daredevil, Hawkeye, Age of Ultron, Scarlet Spider, Saga, and seriously considering Avengers Arena. Any other Marvel, non-big 2 books you guys feel worth recommending?

non-big 2:

Private Eye #1 http://panelsyndicate.com/ Pay what you want for the first issue, $1 recommended.

Mudman - great book but the release schedule has slowed a lot. First trade should be out.

115091_377750_3.jpg

Marvel:

Young Avengers - first two issues, #1 was good but a little iffy, #2 sealed the deal

ElNarez

Banned
Really? Now that Johns is playing around with a larger team and introducing neat new stuff, the book's pretty much the best it's ever been.

Well I just went sickhouse on that entire Captain America Reborn sale.

They also have a very very dangerous sale.

On the entire Vertigo run.

Of Hellblazer.

Yoikes!

JJD

I don't understand...it's not April 1st yet...

Warning! Big, big Age of Ultron spoilers on those links.

Seriously. This must be a joke. April Fools' Day came early this year. I'm happy for that particular writer working for Marvel again, but everything else feels stupid as fuck.
Specially Angela joining Guardians of the Galaxy, WTF are you thinking Bendis???

Tizoc

Shoulda rebooted the GL franchise and gave John some of Baz's diversity schtick. Marine Corps sniper serves in Iraq and converts to Islam after returning home, or something.

...That doesn't sound too bad.

BTW what did you guys think of Punisher: War Zone by Greg Rucka?

frye

Damn, I'm going to go bankrupt for that Hellblazer sale.

Holy fuck. If you guys want recs: first Ennis run (great character moments and he pretty much defines John's voice for all time), Azz (weird as hell, but good and he fights Bruce Wayne at the end), and my man Pete Milligan are the three big ones for me.

Ellis is probably worth a shot too if you're into him and Hellblazer #51 (by John Smith and Sean Phillips) is something that Constantine #1 could only dream about being as good as.

Holy fuck. If you guys want recs: first Ennis run (great character moments and he pretty much defines John's voice for all time), Azz (weird as hell, but good and he fights Bruce Wayne at the end), and my man Pete Milligan are the three big ones for me.

Ellis is probably worth a shot too if you're into him and Hellblazer #51 (by John Smith and Sean Phillips) is something that Constantine #1 could only dream about being as good as.

Yea, I was gonna post again to ask for recs. Cheers for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom