• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frye

Wow, whoever coloured Guedes on the AVX Secret Avengers tie-ins was doing Dean White-level work. He looks TERRIBLE on Constantine. What a shitshow all around.

Wow, whoever coloured Guedes on the AVX Secret Avengers tie-ins was doing Dean White-level work. He looks TERRIBLE on Constantine. What a shitshow all around.

He is a wildly inconsistent dude. His work on Superman, amazing. Wolverine, not good. S Avengers, amazing. Etc.

So, I'm trying to dive back into more DC stuff. Just got Earth 2 and World's Finest #1. Feeling like I need to return to Batwoman, catch up on Wonder Woman and Flash.

Justice League and JLA?

Anything else? (Batman and Batman and Robin too, most likely.)

frye

He is a wildly inconsistent dude. His work on Superman, amazing. Wolverine, not good. S Avengers, amazing. Etc.

Yeah, I think the only thing I read of his before has been Secret Avengers. I thought he looked fantastic on that - something very European about it and the colouring was great. Here... his stuff is clearly in the Deodato/Finch school of cartooning.

So, I'm trying to dive back into more DC stuff. Just got Earth 2 and World's Finest #1. Feeling like I need to return to Batwoman, catch up on Wonder Woman and Flash.

Justice League and JLA?

Those are good stuffs and I like Nightwing too but I quit JLA at number 2. I quit Batwoman and Wonder Woman to go trade also but...I don't want hardcover and its taking too long.

Isn't Jason Wyngarde dead? Which would make that...
you know who, if you read today's issue. Explains why Mystique busted her out of prison today.

Justice League and JLA?

Come on man, not Johns. All I ever hear is that Aquaman is good, and everything else he does mediocre and disappointing.

Nick Spencer talks about his plans for Supergirl that never were (Newsarama)

...Speaking of DC writers leaving books before their runs began.

Writer Nick Spencer commented via Twitter earlier Wednesday in response to Andy Diggle announcing his exit “for professional reasons” from Action Comics before his first issue goes on sale.

"sorry to hear that, man. Been there. You made the right call,” Spencer tweeted at Diggle.

Spencer was presumably referring to his own exit off the pre-New 52 Supergirl series in late 2010.

Previously announced as the new regular writer, DC and Spencer jointly announced he’d be leaving the title after only completing part of his first issue (#60).

“Actually, figure it’s way past time I told you what the plan was, right?

“The idea for the story was pretty simple: Kara learns how to be a leader. She had, to that point, been almost exclusively used as either a solo character, or in a supporting role on a team. I felt like someone wearing that ‘S’ on their chest would find people looking to them for answers when things got bad.

“The entire team (except for Kara) were gonna get captured, and Kara would go to Superman, Batman, & Wonder Woman for advice— and from there, putting together ANOTHER team to rescue them (I forget who all was on that one- Black Alice, Klarion, Shining Knight, Arrowette, I think).

“The whole thing would climax at the launch party for the Flyover app, and the last scene was Impulse pulling Damian onto the dancefloor.

“My secret hope was that the whole thing could work as a back-door pilot of sorts for a new Young Justice series.

“That obviously didn’t happen : )”
reeder-supergirl_02.jpg

Hmm hoping I feel the same. Can't buy it until Saturday. Sorry pock3tmonster, I'll get that code to you asap!

No sweat. ;) I'm working on a major assignment at the moment. No reading for me until Sat at least regardless. I'll go ahead and transfer payment just the same.

Owzers

That art...it looks like batgirl's face is melding with supergirl.

I'd read that though....Dark Reign: New 52 etc etc etc.

I still secretly hope that trinity war undoes this whole thing. Maybe thats why they held off that event to see if sales would hold or would continue to decline.

I appreciate Static Shock as being one of the only black cartoon characters who isn't a total wet blanket (looking at you Aqualad, Black Panther and Green Lantern)...

EDIT: Reading up on Flash's 2 kids now... maybe New 52 was for the best.

Owzers

*clings to my Morning Glories and religion*

I'm an arc behind on that book but as unhinged a reading experience as it is, i still like it a lot.

Isn't Nick Spencer the same guy who wrote Thief of Thieves? And Infinite Vacation? And that Cloak and Dagger mini? And Thunder Agents? And Jimmy Olsen?

so anyone want to tell me what's up with catwoman's zipper in jla
There's a morph dial to zip it up; maybe Finch hasn't found it yet.

He's that guy who wrote T.H.U.N.D.E.R Agents and Secret Avengers and Iron Man 2.0

Three strikes, you out, nigga

Here it is, my nightmare made paper – a whole page consisting of four panels the sum total of which is that a woman on a plane is asked if she wants a glass of water. She accepts. The only useful narrative information transferred is that she is preoccupied and reading a file about The Iron Maiden.

Enough, already! That’s a whole page up the Swanee right there. You only have 20 of these things now, y’know! For $4!

I wouldn't want Nick Spencer touching those brahs even if they were infested with Dan Didios herpes. Stick to writing Black Fury and fan favorite breakout character of Marvels The Avengers Phil Coulson.

Oh and hope this frees up Josh to do a full fledged Alpha series. Brah is killing it on Big Time.

Dysun

Justice League and JLA?

I'm going to keep telling you Aquaman until you read it

On one hand yeah, sure.

On the other, this is still Nick fucking Spencer, Shitmeister Extraordinaire. Let's not pretend he's not shit just because Dan Didio is a fucking moron. BROKEN CLOCKS, people.

I've never read Nick Spencer's work. I didn't know that he was considered a hack. The idea of Supergirl becoming a team leader just works for me though.

Oh DC, I would've been all over that book though it's weird seeing Wally's daughter wearing the Impulse costume. I have conflicted feels about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom