• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't doubt GotG tomorrow, this is a book that is being compared in importance to Giant Size X Men 1. This is like my boy jon bones doubting based Hickman.

Quantum and Woody returns from Valiant in July!

1364305231.jpg

James Asmus and Tom Fowler resurrect 'Quantum & Woody' for Valiant (Comic Book Resources)

CBR: James, first off, it's incredibly exciting to see "Quantum and Woody" on Valiant's modern publishing slate. What's the core concept behind the series and how much does it deviate from the original?

James Asmus: The core concept is definitely the same in our version, which is two wildly mismatched guys who grew up essentially as brothers from different mothers who have now, in the wake of their father's death, caused a whole world of trouble for themselves. This includes gaining powers they can't understand or control and bumbling their way into becoming superheroes to bring the people behind their father's death to justice. It ends up playing like a crazy mash-up between buddy cop comedies and classic street-level superhero action/science-fiction.

Releasing in October, $24.99 and comes with a digital code. Supposedly Marvel is planning a whole series of these, released like the Season One OGNs but this time featuring A-list talent on creative, instead of being a testing ground for unknowns. They want to recruit the best industry talent around and have them build a library of quality standalone material, this time.

Huh. Sounds like Disney wants a line of ready-made movie pitches.

I was looking for some good runs to read on Marvel Unlimited. I never read Bendis's Daredevil-I'm 5 issues in and it's great! Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist-they're kind of the unsung heroes in the Marvel U.

I don't have a problem with Spacy Tony but I have a problem with GotG being too tied to Earth.

I have a problem with their "other" new member soon joining the team. :/

I was looking for some good runs to read on Marvel Unlimited. I never read Bendis's Daredevil-I'm 5 issues in and it's great! Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist-they're kind of the unsung heroes in the Marvel U.

I have a problem with their "other" new member soon joining the team. :/

I have a problem with that truly lame looking armor.

akira28

Turok is owned by another company, so never.

Turok was always owned by someone else, but was licensed around to Valiant and Acclaim. It went to the movie companies and is sitting in their workpile right now, but if they decide that the live action movie isn't going to happen, and another animated movie isn't in the works, they might just decide to make some bankable cash on another comic series.

Maybe another game. I remember Turok doing pretty well for N64.

Owzers

OUR LORD AND SAVIOR HICKMAN BRINGING THE FF OMNIBUSES

I'd imagine two omnibuseseses total? One for his initial Fantastic Four run and another for FF and Fantastic Four combined? Hope so, Marvel has ADD when it comes to actually releasing books if they are more than one volume.

GEt the tin foil hats on

bleedingcool said:
At FablesCon this weekend, one Little Bleeder found himself chatting with Fables co-creator Mark Buckingham in the Kill Shakespeare bar.

The Angela news had hit, and people were talking about the possible return of Marvelman/Miracleman with Neil Gaiman and Buckingham at Marvel. So our Little Bleeder asked him.

Mark’s replied “wait six months”. When asked if he would go back to draw again, he replied “Oh yes. I’d have to take some time off from Fables but yes.”

Our Little Bleeder had a busy weekend. More to come.

Dead

well not really...yet
Larocca's art was actually nice back in those days. The whole non-inked look was cool for that book. Shame it got taken over by Igor Kordey, not as bad as his New X-Men stuff, but still not very appealing

How is this series so far? I just recently discovered that it exists, but I don't know anything about/haven't heard any impressions.

It's actually really good.

The worst thing I can say about it is that it doesn't dip below being just "good."

Interested in seeing where things are going. TBH, not as much as I was in the first arc, but it still holds my attention.

Anyways, for tomorrow:
- Gambit #10
- Scarlet Spider #15

and MAYBE
GotG #1

arkon

My copy of Thor: The Mighty Avenger Complete Collection arrived from Amazon today! And it didn't get mangled or nothin'! :D

This was a really good book. Fun teamups with some established Marvel characters. It's clearly cut short though. Wish they'd been able to finish out the story.

OUR LORD AND SAVIOR HICKMAN BRINGING THE FF OMNIBUSES

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Now just give me some release dates.

drkOne

Morning Glories week, yay. And I guess I'm still the only one in here reading it.

DC Comics
Batman, Incorporated #9
I, Vampire #18

East of West #1
Fatale #13
Morning Glories #25
Planetoid #5

Marvel
FF #5
Superior Spider-Man #6
Uncanny X-Force #3

arkon

If those solicits are to be believed Dial-H Vol 2. will collect issues 7-16. That's a rather bumper collection... is this hinting at the cancellation at issue 16? Am I overthinking it? I mean it's not exactly doing great numbers in single issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom