• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Pour one out for Hack/Slash. Great series ending tomorrow.

1245988_ful.jpg
1241498_ful.jpg
1246019_ful.jpg

1246057_ful.jpg
1246065_ful.jpg
1264297_ful.jpg

1246099_ful.jpg
1246130_ful.jpg
1246139_ful.jpg

1246186_ful.jpg
1246267_ful.jpg
1246282_ful.jpg

If those solicits are to be believed Dial-H Vol 2. will collect issues 7-16. That's a rather bumper collection... is this hinting at the cancellation at issue 16? Am I overthinking it? I mean it's not exactly doing great numbers in single issues.
That's probably what that means. Nice catch, but disappointing. Hate comic fans for not giving books like that a chance.

If those solicits are to be believed Dial-H Vol 2. will collect issues 7-16. That's a rather bumper collection... is this hinting at the cancellation at issue 16? Am I overthinking it? I mean it's not exactly doing great numbers in single issues.

Going to be cancelled before I've had the chance to buy the first trade. Goddammit.

It's actually really good.

The worst thing I can say about it is that it doesn't dip below being just "good."

Interested in seeing where things are going. TBH, not as much as I was in the first arc, but it still holds my attention.

What would you say is particularly good about it? Is the writing the highlight? Or the art? Or both?

tim1138

I dunno that I'd believe the issue count on all of those. For example the Wrath of the First Lantern trade says it's volume 1 and collects GL 17-18, GLC 17-20, GLNG 17-20, and RL 17-20. Which makes zero sense as that's the entire arc minus GL issues 19-20. So it's more likely it collects issues 17-18 of all four books and vol 2 will collect 19-20 of each book.

Mafro

OUR LORD AND SAVIOR HICKMAN BRINGING THE FF OMNIBUSES
Really hope Remender's Uncanny X-Force run gets an omnibus release.

Nice! I read the first issue from Comixology for free and loved it, I was pretty annoyed I missed it when they put up the digital version of the omnibus up for a limited time.

Somewhat related, I was browsing around Amazon last night and noticed Warren Ellis & Bryan Hitch's run on The Authority is getting a new hardcover release in May.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
OUR LORD AND SAVIOR HICKMAN BRINGING THE FF OMNIBUSES

urrrrgh, I really want to buy the FF run in nice book format but those omnibuses are just too big for my liking. I liked the Starman format, about 12-18 issues per book. It's meaty enough to satisfy but light enough that reading the actual thing isn't a chore.

arkon

I dunno that I'd believe the issue count on all of those. For example the Wrath of the First Lantern trade says it's volume 1 and collects GL 17-18, GLC 17-20, GLNG 17-20, and RL 17-20. Which makes zero sense as that's the entire arc minus GL issues 19-20. So it's more likely it collects issues 17-18 of all four books and vol 2 will collect 19-20 of each book.

I will be holding onto this glimmer of hope.

urrrrgh, I really want to buy the FF run in nice book format but those omnibuses are just too big for my liking. I liked the Starman format, about 12-18 issues per book. It's meaty enough to satisfy but light enough that reading the actual thing isn't a chore.

Don't quote me on this but I think the omnibus formats tend to pave the way for things like the ultimate collections e.g. you look at the Dardevil Bendis/Brubaker omnibus editions, those are all collected in an ultimate collection TPB now. Just looking at wiki (not sure how accurate that is) most of the same material is there, the ultimate collections only seem to be missing things like annuals, what ifs and special team up issues. Of course you'll probably be waiting an extra year or so after the release of the omnibus if such a collection does come out.

diaspora

Age of Ultron 3: Really?
Vision?
Still not as shitty as how the writers are failing to
re-write spiderman to be Otto and are instead are leaving him with Peter dialogue and will in future issues use Otto-speak.

Age of Ultron 3: Really?
Vision?
Still not as shitty as how the writers are failing to
re-write spiderman to be Otto and are instead are leaving him with Peter dialogue and will in future issues use Otto-speak.

Does cap stand this issue? We're all dying to know.

tim1138

So I guess that Warren Ellis Avengers OGN is going to be 110 pages. So whoever (Rafa?) called it being the same length as the Season One books nailed it. I don't have a link but I read it on ew.com.

So I guess that Warren Ellis Avengers OGN is going to be 110 pages. So whoever (Rafa?) called it being the same length as the Season One books nailed it. I don't have a link but I read it on ew.com.
That was me and Birdie did too I think.

GotG was pretty good, Marvel is pushing this book hard. Tons of variants, shop variants, high dollar stuff, trading cards, and prints. Johnathan Hickman is finally realizing his potential as a comics writer and not a Power Point writer in East of West. Would love to know the planned issue count. Big day for comic superstars and that's not including the work Geoff Johns is doing on Aquaman.

Is the art in this book as good as the covers always are? I'm reading Uncanny X-Men and the story is fine but the art is pretty meh.

No. The regular artist, Huat, did amazing pencil/digital ink stuff on Ghost Rider but here he has a regular inker and it's....not as good.

Owzers

Oversized + Digital Code, Marvel knows what i want right now, at least with the OGN line potential. I glanced at the preview pages and thought they looked a little dull, but i loved the banter, good job Ellis. Not really sold on that art yet but i'm definitely picking it up.

No, it comes with a code, and it's a hardcover, so it was always going to be physical. It's just, when you cross that $20 mark, you gotta raise your eyebrow a bit, but oversized? Hell yes, definitely.

Gotcha. Was just curious about the comment.

Still, time to place an order for this over at the LCS when I go pick up stuff tonight.

Owzers

Marvel says Loeb is writing another Nova arc that will come out sometime next year.

I chose to order GotG but still haven't tried Nova, it's a bit late to ask dcbs to add #1 and #2 to my order and i don't know how appealing this arc will be in trade format or if i'm going to want to read Well's babysitting the book for Loeb's return.

pick up GOTG on a whim. whole thing read likea retcon/reboot of marvel cosmic. which i guess makes senes.

they kind of sweep thanos impretive under the rug.

there was something off about mcnivens art i felt

tim1138

The "It's Full of Demons" story in Time Warp was really good as well, a different perspective on a standard trope of time travel stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom